Peas contain vegetable protein, vitamins and minerals necessary for our body. On its basis, nourishing and nutritious soup is prepared, and with smoked ribs it also turns out to be incredibly fragrant.
Pea soup with smoked ribs (step-by-step recipe) - the basic principles of cooking
Each housewife has his own recipe for this dish. Those who adhere to the principles of healthy eating or dieting, prepare the soup from fresh or canned green peas. Well, those who love hearty meals, use dried peas for cooking. From it the soup turns out thick and rich.
Dried peas are sorted out and washed thoroughly until the water is clear. It is advisable to soak it overnight. This will significantly shorten the cooking time. Some housewives, to speed up the process of softening the peas, add baking soda during cooking. But this is not worth it if you want to keep all the nutrients. Only under the condition of the natural cooking of peas can you get a delicious, and most importantly, healthy soup, without foreign smell and taste. Soaked beans again washed, put in a saucepan. Water is poured so that its level is two fingers above the pea, and cooked over a low heat for two hours. In this case, the pan is not covered tightly with a lid, otherwise the foam that has risen will run out of the pan. Foam must be removed with a slotted spoon or a spoon.
Ribs for soup, you can use pork, lamb or beef. The main condition is that they are really smoked, and not soaked in liquid smoke. It is better if it is a home smoked product.
In addition to the ribs and peas, you will need vegetables: potatoes, onions and carrots. Potato peeled, washed and cut into small pieces. Onions are peeled and finely chopped. With carrots cut off the peel and chop with a sharp knife as small as possible, or rub on a coarse grater. Pour vegetable oil in a frying pan and put it on the stove. As soon as it warms up, lay onions in it and fry it until transparent. Then add the chopped carrot and continue to fry, stirring constantly, until the vegetable is soft.
Smoked ribs are cut into three parts and spread over roasted vegetables. They are languishing together on a small fire for another ten minutes.
Put potatoes in a pan with almost boiled peas and continue cooking until ready. Stir the soup as often as possible so that the peas do not stick to the bottom of the pan. At this stage, salt soup, add spices and bay leaf.
When the potatoes are soft, put the vegetable roast with ribs in the pan.
What a pea soup without crackers. For their preparation, white or rye bread is cut into slices, cut off the crusts and cut into small cubes. Spread on a baking sheet and dried in the oven, or fried in a dry frying pan until golden.
If you like spicy dishes, add chili peppers to your soup. Garlic squeezed through the press will add a spicy dish. For a change, you can add canned corn to the soup.
Smoked ribs can be used in combination with other smoked products: sausage, wings, etc.
Ready pea soup with smoked ribs (step-by-step recipe) is served with crackers and fresh greens. Instead of crackers you can make garlic toasts.
Recipe 1. Pea Soup with Smoked Ribs: A Step-by-Step Recipe
300 g of dry split peas;
refined sunflower oil;
450 g smoked ribs;
freshly ground black pepper;
pod of paprika.
Method of preparation
1. Take the peas. Pour into a sieve and rinse thoroughly under running water. Then put it in a bowl and fill it with clean boiled water. Leave for a few hours, and better for the night. Due to this, the peas will become softer and cook faster. When the peas swell, drain the remaining water and rinse it again. Put the peas in a saucepan and cover with clean filtered water. It is worth noting that if you have hard water, do not use it to make soup. In such water, the peas will not melt. It is better to use non-carbonated mineral water. The liquid level should be three fingers above the pea. Place the saucepan on the stove and cook over medium heat until boiling. Be sure to remove the foam. Now twist the fire and continue cooking until the peas are melted. 2. While peas are boiling, prepare other foods. Remove the smoked ribs from the refrigerator and cut them into portions so that it is convenient to eat. First, divide them into sections along the bone, and then cut each rib in half with a kitchen scissors or pruner. Put the sliced smoked ribs on a plate.
3. Start cooking roasted vegetables. To do this, peel off the bulbs, wash them. Each cut in half, put on a board and cut into small pieces. Using a sharp knife or a special vegetable peeler, remove the peel from the carrot. Wash the vegetable and chop into small or large chips using a grater. Put the cast iron pan on the fire. Pour the refined oil into it and heat it. Put chopped onion in a frying pan and fry, stirring regularly, until transparent. Now add the carrot chips, twist the fire and simmer everything until the carrot is soft.
4. Peel the potatoes with a sharp knife or special equipment for cleaning vegetables. Wash cleaned vegetables and cut them into small pieces. Chop the potatoes just before putting them in the pan. Otherwise, it will have to be poured with water, and it will wash starch, which is so necessary for our body. Put the sliced potatoes in a saucepan. Peas should be almost ready.
5. Rinse the greens, shake and crumble. For this soup fit young dill or parsley.
6. Free the pod of the Bulgarian pepper from the stem. This can be done by cutting it out with a knife, or push down on the tail, turn it and remove it. Clean out the seeds. Cut the pod in half, place on a board and chop into thin strips.
7. Put the smoked ribs in the pan and boil for another ten minutes. Add the vegetable fry, stir and let the soup simmer a little. At this stage, salt the dish. Remove the potatoes and check for readiness. It should break apart easily. Season the soup with fresh herbs, stir, hold on the fire for a couple of minutes, then set the pan aside, cover with a lid and leave to stand for half an hour. 8. Serve pea soup with smoked ribs (step-by-step recipe) with crackers, cheese or garlic croutons.
Recipe 2. Pea soup with smoked ribs: a step-by-step recipe in a slow cooker
450 g of dry split peas;
one sliced loaf;
two cloves of garlic;
50 ml of olive oil;
450 g smoked pork ribs;
two liters of filtered water.
Method of preparation
1. Sort peas, remove all trash and transfer to a sieve. Rinse thoroughly under running water. Put the washed peas in a bowl and cover with water. Leave for a few hours, and better for the night. Then drain the remaining water and rinse again.
2. Peel potatoes and carrots using a special vegetable peeler or a sharp knife. Wash vegetables thoroughly. Peel the onions and rinse. Carrot finely crumble, or chop into large chips on a grater. Crumble the onion on a cutting board into small cubes.
3. Pour olive oil into the container. We include the program "frying". As soon as the oil warms up, pour the onion into it and fry it, to a transparent state. Then add the chopped carrots and pass until the vegetable is soft.
4. Rinse smoked ribs, pat dry with a paper towel and divide the bone into strips. Then cut each bone in half with a kitchen scissors or pruner.
5. Pour water into the container. Swollen peas fold in a sieve and rinse again. Put in a slow cooker.
6. Cut the potato into small pieces and send after the peas. Put smoked ribs here. Stir, close the lid and activate the soup program. Cook for 50 minutes.
7. Peel the garlic cloves and squeeze them through the garlic press. Slice the bread into small cubes and place on a baking sheet. Place it in the oven for ten minutes, preheating it to 200C. 8. Put the ready-made pea soup with smoked ribs (step-by-step recipe) into plates. In each, add a little garlic and zhmenka crackers.
Pea soup with smoked ribs (step-by-step recipe) - tips and tricks
If you want a light soup, cook it from fresh or canned peas.
For soup, it is better to use smoked homemade ribs.
To the pea soup, you can apply crackers or garlic croutons.
To make the soup transparent, be sure to remove the foam that forms in the process of cooking peas.