The pea porridge is an ancient dish that was present on the table of rich people, Russian warriors, and the poor and serfs satisfied them with hunger. It all depended on the additive that was added to the peas. Porridge could be simple, it was boiled in plain water with salt, vegetables were added. Noble dishes were cooked with meat, smoked meats, various delicacies. What we cook in a slow cooker?
Pea Porridge in a Multicooker - General Principles of Cooking
For porridge it is better to use peeled, you can crushed peas. This product form reduces cooking time. Also the pre-soak process speeds up a lot. Peas are poured only with cold water, kept up to swelling and softness, then the liquid is removed, move the peas to the slow cooker and fill with clean water. In a glass of dry peas is 4 glasses of water. If the beans are swollen, then 2-2.5 glasses is enough.
In a slow cooker, porridge can be cooked on different programs, but the “Quenching” mode is ideal. A dish of peas boiled soft slowly, it turns out tasty and rich. Duration of cooking from an hour to two. But in many ways time depends on the pea itself. There are varieties that very quickly boil soft. But there is a pea, which, after two hours of cooking, remains glassy.
Simple pea porridge in a multicooker
Recipe ordinary pea porridge in a slow cooker with butter. During fasting, you can use vegetable oil or no added fats.
• a glass of peas;
• 2.5 glasses of water;
• 40 grams of oil.
1. We wash peas, we shift the crock-pot to the saucepan.
2. Add water, close.
3. We turn on the “Quenching” program, cook porridge for two hours.
4. 15 minutes before the end of the regime, you need to open the slow cooker, add salt, oil and stir. If there is a desire, then lettuce pepper, season with paprika, garlic, etc. Seasonings for rice and potatoes are well combined with peas. 5. Close and wait for the end of the program. At the end of the porridge once again you need to stir.
Pea porridge in a multicooker with onions and carrots
A variant of very tasty and fragrant pea porridge, which can be used as a side dish. It is great for meat, fish or any bird.
• 200 grams of peas;
• 400 ml of water;
• 40 grams of butter (can be baked);
• 2 carrots;
• onion head.
1. Put the washed and peas moved into the slow cooker.
2. Fill with water, close and put on extinguishing. Cooking for 1.5 hours.
3. Shred the carrot into strips, you can rub.
4. Onion cut into any pieces.
5. Put the butter in the pan, especially if it is baked.
6. Add vegetables and fry well until golden brown.
7. As soon as the peas are boiled for 1.5 hours, add the fried vegetables.
8. We throw salt, pepper and fill to your taste with any other spices.
9. Stir, close and simmer for another 15 minutes so that the porridge is soaked with vegetable flavors.
Pea porridge in a slow cooker with chicken
Option delicious pea porridge in a slow cooker, which is prepared with the addition of chicken. Any pieces will do. For this dish, peas must be soaked overnight in water, otherwise it will cook for a very long time, and the chicken will become tasteless by the end of cooking.
• 0.5 kg chicken;
• 1 carrot;
• 150 grams of peas;
• 4 spoons of butter;
• 1 onion;
1. Soak peas for 4-5 hours. You can fill it with water the day before.
2. We wash the chicken, cut into pieces, which are obtained.
3. Lay the chicken on the frying mode in the slow cooker, immediately add the oil and fry a little.
4. Clean the carrot, cut into strips. Add to chicken.
5. We throw onion, cut cubes. Also fry with poultry.
6. Drain the peas from the water, if necessary, it can be rinsed. We shift to the slow cooker, distribute evenly.
7. Add hot water so that it overlaps the products by two centimeters. 8. We close, we prepare on the program “Porridge”, but it is possible and on baking.
9. After half an hour, open, salt, pepper or throw any seasoning, you can add a bouillon cube, ground or diluted with water.
10. Stir and bring the gruel up to full readiness.
Pea porridge in a slow cooker with stew
For cooking pea porridge in a slow cooker with this recipe, you can take any stew and everything will work out! Vegetable frying oil does not come, as there is usually a good layer of fat in the stew. If it is not enough (or you want to make the dish fatter), then add more oil in addition.
• 250 grams of peas;
• 500 ml of water;
• 1 can of any stew;
• onions and carrots, the number is arbitrary;
1. Soaked peas soaked in cold water until swelling. If it is not soaked, then water will need to take a little more than indicated in the recipe.
2. Throw in a slow cooker, pour water, close and cook on stewing until soft peas.
3. Open the stew, remove the top layer of fat and put it on the pan, turn on the stove.
4. Cut vegetables into small pieces, fry in fat from stewed meat to rosy color.
5. We spread the meat from the jar into a bowl, knead it with a fork and also send it to the frying pan, fry a little, evaporate the excess water.
6. We shift the stew with vegetables to the soft peas, stir, season the porridge with spices.
7. Close and prepare another quarter of an hour, do not change the program.
Pea porridge in a multicooker with champignons
Option mushroom pea porridge in a slow cooker. The dish is suitable for fasting people and vegetarians. You can take the champignons frozen, but in this case, give the mushrooms to completely thaw out and squeeze out excess water.
• a glass of peas;
• 2 bulbs;
• 200 grams of mushrooms;
• pepper, salt.
1. Peas soaked. Soak in water until a good swelling, then drain the remaining liquid. We shift peas in a slow cooker.
2. Fill with water, about two times more than swollen peas. You can use mushroom decoction, but not diluted bouillon cube. The cube contains salt, which will slow down the cooking of peas. 3. Cook porridge on the quenching program for 1.5 hours.
4. Heat the oil in a skillet.
5. Wash the champignons, cut into slices, lay out in a frying pan. Cover and cook under the lid for a quarter of an hour.
6. Remove the lid, evaporate the water from the mushrooms over high heat.
7. We cut onions, we shift in mushrooms and we fry together.
8. Add fried mushrooms to pea porridge, put salt to taste, add other spices and mix well.
9. After 15 minutes, turn off the slow cooker, let the porridge brew.
Pea porridge in a slow cooker with smoked
The recipe for amazing pea porridge, in which smoked ribs are added. But you can take other products. For example, sternum or ham.
• 2 glasses of peas;
• 500 grams of smoked meat;
• 4 bulbs;
• 1-2 carrots.
1. Peas, it is desirable to use crushed. Wash, pour 7-8 glasses of water and set to boil for 2 hours.
2. Cut vegetables, carrots can be grated.
3. The ribs are also cut into pieces, as it will.
4. Put the ribs on the pan, slightly oiled and fry. Excess fat must be melted.
5. Shift smoked meat to another bowl, pour chopped vegetables onto this pan with fat. If the fat is low, then you can add a little oil.
6. Fry vegetables until cooked.
7. Put salt in the almost cooked porridge, add vegetables and ribs. Stir.
8. Turn off the fire, maintain the porridge to maintain the temperature for half an hour.
Pea porridge in a slow cooker with cheese
A variant of amazing porridge with creamy taste. All you need is to add some cheese to it. Even the usual “Druzhba” processed cheese will do. But you can make the taste more noble by adding hard cheese.
• 1 cup of peas;
• 4.5 glasses of water;
• 100 grams of cheese;
• 2-4 sprigs of dill;
• 1 carrot;
• 30 ml of oil.
1. Fill the peas with water. If he was pre-soaked and well swollen, then reduce the amount of liquid to 2.5 cups. We look at the product, if necessary, you can always add boiling water. 2. Turn on and cook on fire for 70-80 minutes. The peas should soften.
3. Fry the carrot in butter. We shift to the peas, salt and stir. Cooking for about ten minutes.
4. We rub cheese small or large, without a difference.
5. Dill chop finely, stir with cheese. You can add a slice of garlic, paprika, sweet or hot pepper, it will be more delicious.
6. Shift cheese into porridge and quickly stir.
7. We immediately turn off the slow cooker, let the dish stand under the lid and soak in the cheese.
8. This porridge should be served with small crackers from a white loaf, preferably homemade.
Pea Porridge in a Multicooker - Tips and Tricks
• If the water is hard, then the peas will boil in it for a very long time. For porridge, it is desirable to use filtered water, and soak the product in it before cooking.
• Cook pea porridge can not only on the water. If meat, mushroom or vegetable broths are used as a liquid, the dish will learn much more tasty. The amount of fluid does not change.
• If porridge is cooked more than once, then you need to remember that the pea mass is very thick. Therefore, the consistency should be more liquid.
• Want to make porridge brighter and more interesting? At the end of cooking, for 15 minutes, add a handful of green peas, you can frozen and slightly boiled carrots, cut into squares.
• If you keep peas in water for a long time, it will burn out. The liquid will become cloudy, slimy. When soaking the product overnight, you need to pour in more water and put the bowl in the fridge.