Of the simplest ingredients that do not require special preparation, you can prepare a tasty, fragrant and very satisfying dish - cabbage and sausages in a slow cooker.
On the basis of these two products, adding spices, herbs, vegetables to taste, you can create new dishes every time.
And cabbage and sausages are perfectly combined with potatoes, tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots and other ingredients.
Cabbage with sausages in a slow cooker - general principles of cooking
To prepare a dish with cabbage, it is enough to remove the top leaves, and chop the head of cabbage into thin strips, strips or cubes. Usually, in the process of stewing, cabbage acquires a brownish tint, if you do not want this to happen, pour boiled water over the shredded cabbage, then pour cold water for a few minutes.
You can also cook with sausages and sauerkraut. Usually, it does not need pretreatment, but if the cabbage tastes too salty or sour, then it is better to rinse it and in the cooking process you should be careful with salt.
Sausages for cooking any suitable, most important, so that they are of high quality. Also, instead of sausages you can use wieners or boiled sausage. With them, it is enough to remove the film and cut into slices or straws.
The remaining ingredients, if they are part of the dish, are washed, cleaned, cut into the same pieces as the cabbage and sausages.
By the time the dish is prepared quite quickly, from 40 to 60-80 minutes, depending on the recipe. The “Frying” and “Quenching” modes are used.
Recipe 1. Braised cabbage with sausages in a slow cooker
• 700-800 grams of fresh white cabbage;
• large onion;
• half a glass of water;
• one carrot;
• 60 ml of vegetable oil;
• 250 grams of dairy sausages;
• salt, spices, dried herbs;
• 60 grams of tomato sauce.
Cooking Method: 1. Cut the peeled onion into thin half rings.
2. Peel the carrot, chop the vegetable into thin strips.
3. Chop the sausages into circles, then cut the circles into two or three parts.
4. From the cabbage, remove the top leaves, chop the head of the bowl is not too long straws.
5. Pour vegetable oil into the multi-cooker bowl, heat it in the “Frying” mode.
6. Put the prepared onion. Pass, stirring, until softened.
7. Add carrots, fry them for five minutes.
8. Spread the cabbage. Put the sauce, mix. Fry everything together for five to seven minutes, remembering to stir, so that the ingredients are not burnt.
9. Put sausages, pour in water, add spices, salt to taste, sprinkle dried herbs, greens.
10. Switch the mode to “Quenching”, set the timer to one hour.
11. Stir the ready dish before serving.
Recipe 2. Braised sauerkraut with sausages in a slow cooker
• a pound of sauerkraut;
• 300 grams of sausages;
• 30 ml of oil for roasting;
• a tablespoon of granulated sugar;
• spices, salt, laurel leaves;
• one third cup of water.
1. Put the sauerkraut in a bowl, squeeze it from the juice. If the cabbage is too sour, rinse it, knocking it over a colander, under a stream of cold water. Drain.
2. Peel the onion, cut it in half, chop into thin half rings.
3. Heat the oil in the “Frying” mode, put onions. Pass it in a few minutes to an appetizing golden hue.
4. Put squeezed sauerkraut, pour in water, add spices and salt. Cook the cabbage in Quenching mode for 30 minutes.
5. 10-12 minutes before the beep, place sausages cut into circles, laurel leaves, and sugar in the bowl. Stir.
6. As soon as the multicooker finishes its work, open the lid, mix vegetables and sausages thoroughly.
7. Leave the dish to reach readiness in “Heated” mode for 15 minutes.
8. Put the finished cabbage with sausages in plates, sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs.
Recipe 3. Stewed cabbage with sausages and vegetables in a slow cooker
• 350 grams of cabbage fresh;
• one sweet, fleshy Bulgarian pepper;
• two large tomatoes;
• tablespoon of vegetable oil;
• 50 ml of water;
• salt, spices;
• two sausages.
1. Clean and rinse all the necessary vegetables for cooking.
2. Cut the onion into small cubes, rub the carrot in the middle segment of the grater.
3. Peel the tomatoes off the tomatoes after boiling them. Cut the tomatoes into cubes.
4. Cut the peeled Bulgarian pepper into small pieces.
5. Put onion, pepper and carrot in a multi-cooker bowl. Pour in vegetable oil, add salt and spices to taste. Cook on “Frying” mode, stirring for five minutes.
6. Add sliced sausages and shredded cabbage. Also put bay leaves and pour water.
7. Set the extinguishing program to 40 minutes.
8. After the beep sounds, indicating that the dish is ready, gently mix all the ingredients.
9. Leave the stewed cabbage with sausages to reach in the slow cooker in the “Heating” mode, setting the timer to 5-6 minutes.
Recipe 4. Solyanka with cabbage and sausages in a slow cooker
• 300 grams of sausages;
• 300 grams of potatoes;
• onion and carrot;
• one tomato;
• kilogram of white cabbage;
• fresh dill;
• salt, pepper, bay leaves;
• dried bell peppers;
• vegetable oil.
1. Crush peeled onions and carrots. Put both ingredients in a vegetable oil heated in a multi-cooker bowl.
2. Set the Fry mode to 35 minutes. Cook onions and carrots, covering the multicooker lid, for ten minutes.
3. While vegetables are sauteed, peel and dice potatoes, place them on top of roasted onions and carrots.
4. Salt all ingredients, mix. Cover the lid, cook for another ten minutes.
5. Now lay out sliced non-large sausages. Mix, cook until the end of the program. 6. Put chopped cabbage into a deep bowl, salt a little and rub it with your hands so that the cabbage softens and starts to squeeze. Transfer the vegetable to the slow cooker.
7. Put a diced tomato on top. Sprinkle with spices, dried Bulgarian pepper, place bay leaves.
8. Prepare the dish by switching the program to “Quenching” mode, setting the time to one hour.
9. As soon as the multicooker finishes its work, open the lid, mix everything up.
10. Serve hot cabbage soup with sausages.
Recipe 5. Cauliflower with sausages in a slow cooker
• cauliflower forks for 400-500 grams;
• two sausages;
• one egg;
• 100 grams of grated cheese;
• 50 grams of breadcrumbs;
• salt, pepper, oil for frying.
1. Pour two liters of boiling water into the bowl of the multicooker, salt it. Lay out the washed cauliflower forks. Cook in the “Cooking” mode for 20 minutes.
2. Carefully remove the cabbage on a plate, drain the water. As soon as the vegetable has cooled, divide the cabbage into florets, slightly repel each.
3. Mix the breadcrumbs with the beaten with salt egg.
4. Dip each inflorescence in the breading, fry on both sides in the “Frying” mode on the pre-heated oil.
5. Fold all the fried inflorescences in the bowl, pour the sliced sausages into slices, pour the remaining breadcrumbs, sprinkle with finely grated cheese.
6. Switch the multicooker to the “Quenching” mode, set the timer for 15 minutes.
7. Cover the lid, bring the dish to readiness.
Recipe 6. Fried cabbage with sausages and potatoes in a slow cooker
• 500 grams of cabbage;
• three potatoes;
• one carrot and onion;
• two sausages;
• two sausages;
• two tomatoes;
• greens, spices, salt, vegetable oil.
1. Cut the peeled potatoes into small pieces.
2. Fry, stirring, potatoes, putting on vegetable oil, heated in a bowl, for 15 minutes on the “Frying” mode. 3. Cut sausages and small sausages into large strips, send the semi-finished meat in a bowl to the potatoes. Fry in the old mode for five minutes.
4. Put finely shredded carrots and chopped onions, cook for ten minutes.
5. Lastly add the cabbage and diced tomatoes into thin strips. Sprinkle everything with spices, salt, chopped greens, literally pour a third of a glass of boiling water. Stir.
6. Cook in the same mode from 30 to 50 minutes. It all depends on your taste preferences. If you like to cabbage was soft, soak the dish longer. If you like a light crunch of vegetables in the finished dish - it will be enough for cooking and half an hour.
Cabbage with sausages in a slow cooker - tricks and tips
• To add a sweet-sour taste to the braised cabbage and sausages, you can add a tablespoon of vinegar and a teaspoon of granulated sugar ten minutes before the meal is ready.
• To prevent the smell of stewed cabbage from spreading throughout the whole apartment, place a slice of stale bread in the edge of the multi-cooker bowl. When the dish is ready, take out the softened bread.
• Tomato paste, sauce or ketchup will give the dish both a special taste and a bright appetizing color. Adjust the amount of the pledged ingredient, based on your taste preferences.
• Cabbage with sausages in a slow cooker - this is a complete dish, and a great addition to boiled potatoes, baked or fresh vegetables.
• Do not forget to sprinkle the greens with the finished dish, this will give the dish a special freshness and unique flavor.