Beshbarmak is one of the most common dishes of Central Asian cuisine. Translated from Kazakh, its name means “five fingers”. This is due to the fact that the nomadic peoples, preparing beshbarmak, ate with his hands. Hence, large pieces of meat and noodles, which are the main components of this unique dish. The composition of beshbarmak is simple: meat, noodles and onions. In this case, the meat can be anything. Initially, it was horsemeat, which was later pressed by lamb, and then began to cook beshbarmak from beef, pork, poultry meat. Chicken Beshbarmak is cooked by many for several reasons: firstly, the dish is cheaper; secondly, it turns out dietary; thirdly, it doesn’t take much time to prepare it, like cooking beshbarmak from other types of meat.
Despite the simplicity of the recipe, you need to know the features of beshbarmak cooking. Otherwise you will have chicken noodles, not beshbarmak.
- It is better to cook the chicken whole or as a last resort by cutting it into large pieces. Then the broth will turn out to be rich and the meat juicier. Cut the chicken into pieces after cooking.
- Poultry broth turns out to be rich and more aromatic than that made from chicken grown in a large poultry farm.
- In order to make the broth more fragrant, when cooking meat, add roots, onions with carrots, garlic, and spices.
- When cooking broth, be sure to remove the foam, and after cooking it must be drained. Vegetables used to make broth are no longer used, they can be discarded.
- Cooking beshbarmak from chicken is best in a cauldron or thick-bottomed saucepan. Such utensils keep warmth better, so the meat in it is especially tender and soft. If there is no suitable pan, you can use the slow cooker. This unit successfully cope with the preparation of beshbarmak.
- Usually meat for beshbarmak is cooked for a long time. Depending on the size of the chicken, you need to cook it from 1 hour to 2, 5 hours, an average of 1, 5-2 hours. During this time, you can cook the noodle dough and chop the onion.
- Noodles for beshbarmak are needed by individuals of the form - in the form of quadrangles. Most often it is a rhombus, less often - a square or just a rectangle. It is problematic to buy one at the store, although it is available for sale. Much easier to make a noodle dough with your own hands. To do this you will need only eggs and flour, as well as some cold water or broth in which the meat is cooked.
- To prevent the noodles from sticking together during cooking, it is dipped in boiling broth, one sheet at a time, and then periodically mixed. Noodle cooking time is 5 minutes.
- Onions for beshbarmak cooked separately. It is cut into rings or half rings, and then languished in broth until soft.
Serving dishes depends on the recipe. Most often, beshbarmak is served on a platter, laying out the noodles in a lower layer, putting pieces of meat on it and covering it with onions. Broth is served separately, most often adding to it a lot of chopped greens.
Beshbarmak from chicken in a pan
- chicken - 1, 5 kg;
- onions - 0, 3 kg;
- carrots - 0, 3 kg;
- wheat flour - 0, 5 kg;
- water - 0, 2 l;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs .;
- vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- salt, black pepper, greens - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the gutted chicken thoroughly, dry with a napkin, and place in a saucepan. It is desirable that the pan had a thick bottom and the same walls.
- Fill the chicken with plenty of water. Put on the fire. When the water in the pan begins to boil rapidly, reduce the heat and remove the foam that forms on the surface of the water. Cook, removing the foam, for 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Peel the carrots, remove the husks from the bulbs. One by one carrot and onion, place in a pan in which the chicken is cooked. Cutting these vegetables is not necessary.
- Chop up the remaining vegetables: cut the carrots into thin strips or grate, cut the onion into thin half rings.
- Sift flour. In a small bowl, mix the eggs, cold water, and salt. Make a well in the flour, pour the mixture into it. Knead the dough.
- Cover the dough with cling film, set aside for half an hour. Knead it again. Separating pieces from a dough the size of a tennis ball or slightly smaller, roll them into cakes, the thickness of which should be about 2-3 mm. Sprinkle with flour, let it weave a little.
- When the chicken has cooked for 1, 5-2 hours, remove it from the broth and cool it. Discard vegetables from broth. Strain the broth and put it back on the stove.
- When the broth begins to boil, alternately lower the tortillas into it and boil each one for 5 minutes. Put the finished tortillas on a clean dish.
- After cooling the chicken, separate the meat from the bones, break it into large pieces, put it on a separate dish.
- Heat the oil in a pan, put the onion and carrot in it and fry for 5 minutes. Add some broth and stew vegetables until they are very soft. Put them on the third course.
- Chop the greens and place it in the cast half of the broth.
Put three dishes on the table at once. Pour the broth into bowls and place in front of each guest. Eating beshbarmak should be done by hand, laying chicken on the cake, vegetables, folding it with an envelope. Beshbarmak can drink down chicken broth.
Beshbarmak from chicken in a multicooker
- chicken fillet - 0, 8 kg;
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- flour - 160 g;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- water - 100 ml for the dough and 3 liters for cooking;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash chicken fillet, dry, cut across the fibers into layers about 1 cm thick.
- Put the meat in a slow cooker, fill it with 1, 5 liters of water. Start the “Steaming” program. After 5 minutes, turn off the multicooker, remove the foam, and drain the water. Meat pour clean water in the amount of 1, 5 liters.
- Start the “Quenching” program for 1, 5 hours.
- Sift flour. Cool the water and mix with the beaten egg. Add this mixture to the flour, add some salt, knead the dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and put it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into slices.
- Remove the husks from the bulbs, cut them into half rings. Slightly fry in a small amount of oil in a frying pan.
- When there is 50 minutes left until the end of the program, place the potatoes and onions in the meat. Add pepper and salt to taste. Close the lid before the end of the program.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator, roll it into 2 mm thick layers and cut into approximately 5 to 5 cm squares. Boil noodles in water in a separate saucepan or put in a slow cooker to all other components 15 minutes before the program is completed, dropping each piece separately. .
- Spread the potatoes with pieces of chicken in a bowl, cover with broth, place the noodles on top.
Before serving chicken beshbarmak, it would be nice to sprinkle with fresh greens, chop it up finely.
Chicken Beshbarmak is a hearty and at the same time dietary dish. At the same time it has an unusual look and harmonious taste. Even an inexperienced cook will be able to cook such beshbarmak.