Turkey is a diet product. The reason is not only in the low energy value of this meat, but also in its beneficial properties, as well as in the fact that it is well absorbed by the body. Turkey is recommended to those who diets for weight loss, recovering from illness, as well as in childhood and old age. Soups from the above product come out delicious, nourishing and fragrant. Especially tasty and appetizing in appearance is turkey cream soup. The composition of these dishes often include vegetables, mushrooms, cream. Depending on this, the taste of the finished dish may vary. This allows you to often include creamy turkey meat soup in the diet, without fear that he will get bored.
Cooking a soup of turkey meat is not difficult, and even an aspiring cook will cope with this task. Knowing a few key points will allow him to get exactly the result he expected.
- For soup, you can use meat from the breast, drumstick, or thigh of a turkey. Leg resembles red meat to taste, breast - chicken. The selection of a portion of turkey for the preparation of the first dish depends on the gastronomic preferences of the culinary specialist. For baby and diet food, breast is usually used.
- Soup can be cooked from both chilled and frozen poultry. To keep the meat dry and tough, it needs to be properly thawed. Defrosting is considered correct when the product thaws in natural conditions, without a sharp temperature drop. The use of a microwave oven for this purpose is not recommended.
- The drumstick or thigh of a turkey is cooked in a saucepan for 1, 5 hours, in a slow cooker - 2 hours. The breast in the pan will be ready in 50-60 minutes, in the slow cooker it is cooked 90 minutes. If the meat is pre-cut into small pieces, the cooking time in the pan can be reduced to 30 minutes, in a slow cooker - to 40 minutes.
- When cooking mashed potatoes, boiled turkey can be minced with a blender or meat grinder or put in pieces in the soup. The remaining products are interrupted by a blender. If there is no blender, boiled vegetables can be kneaded with a crush or rubbed through a sieve. The latter option is applicable if the first dish is prepared in a small amount, for example, for a child.
- When cooking soup for feeding children, no spice is added to it. Salt can be salted only in moderate quantities and only for children older than a year. Turkey meat is allowed to enter into the diet of a child from 9 months. Soup-puree with vegetables and poultry meat is usually included in the kid's menu after he turns one year old.
- If adults will eat turkey cream soup, it doesn’t hurt to supplement it with spices and herbs.
- If the vegetables that make up the soup are pre-fry, the first dish will be more tasty and fragrant, but also more nutritious.
The cooking technology for turkey cream soups is not always identical. In order to avoid mistakes and get the expected result, it is necessary to adhere to the recommendations accompanying the selected recipe.
Classic turkey cream soup recipe
- turkey fillet - 0, 4 kg;
- potatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- wheat flour - 50 g;
- butter - 100 g;
- water - 1, 5 l;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Wash the turkey, put it in a saucepan, cover with water. Over medium heat bring to a boil. Cook, removing the foam, 10 minutes. Turn down the heat. Salt, add spices. Boil 1-1,5 hours.
- Remove the turkey meat from the broth, strain the broth.
- In a saucepan, melt 50 g of oil.
- Add sifted flour to the butter. Fry it, stirring with a spatula, until the flour mixture becomes caramelized.
- Pour 2 cups of broth into the flour, whipping the contents of the saucepan with a whisk to prevent lumps from forming. Cook the mixture until thick. If the flour lumps still fall into the resulting mass, strain it through a sieve.
- Wash potatoes, peel, cut into cubes of medium size.
- Scrape carrots, wash, dry with a napkin. Coarsely rub.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, cut into small cubes.
- Cut the chilled turkey in small pieces.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter, fry the onions and carrots until soft.
- Add the potatoes and the remaining broth. Bring the soup to a boil and boil until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the turkey, cook for another 5 minutes, then chop the contents of the pan using a blender.
- Combine vegetable and turkey puree with white sauce. Put this mixture on the fire and bring to a boil.
The puree soup according to this recipe is inexpensive, but it will turn out thick, appetizing and tasty. Hardly anyone of their households will refuse such a dinner.
Children's turkey cream soup
- turkey breast fillet - 150 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 50 g;
- water - how much will leave;
- salt - to taste.
- Rinse a piece of turkey fillet, add water, bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes. Drain water.
- Cut the turkey into small pieces. Fill with clean water in the amount of 0, 5 l. Bring to the boil again, add salt. Boil 10 minutes.
- Peel the carrots and onions, chop them finely, put them in a pan with a turkey. Cook the products together for 20-25 minutes.
- Grind the soup with a blender. Again, bring it to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
It remains to cool the soup and offer it to a little gourmet.
Turkey Cream Soup
- boiled turkey fillet - 0, 3 kg;
- carrots - 80 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- milk or low-fat cream - 0, 25 l;
- broth or boiled water - 0, 25 l;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- flour - 40 g;
- butter - 40 g;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Boil a turkey in salted water. Cool the meat, strain the broth.
- Cut the turkey into small pieces.
- Fry the flour in a dry frying pan. Whip with a whisk, add half a cup of broth. Cook a little to thicken the sauce.
- Peel the onions and carrots, finely chop them. Fry them in butter.
- Mix vegetables with turkey, add to them the remaining broth. Grind food with a blender.
- Mix the mashed potatoes with the sauce.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, mix them with salt, spices and milk.
- Dilute the creamy mass of the resulting egg-milk mixture.
- Place the saucepan on the stove and heat its contents over low heat, stirring constantly with a spatula.
- As soon as you see that the soup is going to boil, remove the pan from the heat.
When serving the soup to the table, it can be supplemented with croutons of wheat bread, sprinkled with herbs.
Turkey meat cream soup is a tasty, satisfying and healthy dish. It can be eaten by small children and dieters. There are many recipes for this dish, so it will not get tired, even if you cook it often.