Meatballs - this is a tasty and hearty dish, ideal for all known side dishes, but quite often they are rather dry.
And all because they are prepared without sauces and gravy, which give the taste and juiciness of the finished dish.
Try to cook meatballs in sour cream sauce, and you will be surprised how delicate, soft and tasty you get delicious meat balls.
Meatballs in Sour Cream Sauce - General Cooking Principles
For cooking meatballs in sour cream sauce, use any stuffing: beef, chicken, pork, fish and others.
The stuffing is thoroughly kneaded, adding an egg for gluing, spices and salt to taste, after forming a neat little balls. The size of the meatballs depends on the taste preferences, but usually they do not exceed 3-4 cm in diameter. The more meatballs, the longer they cook.
Meatballs are first fried in hot oil, then baked in the oven or stewed in a saucepan in sour cream sauce.
Properly made sauce - more than half the success of the finished dish. The sauce can be prepared simply: dilute sour cream with water or broth, or you can make it much more interesting and appetizing.
For example, mix the following ingredients:
• sour cream, cream, spices;
• water, tomato paste, sour cream;
• sour cream, water, chopped greens;
• sour cream, lemon juice, broth, spices.
You can also add additional ingredients to the sauce, such as roasted vegetables, mushrooms, cheese chips, herbs, chopped nuts and even dried fruits. It all depends on the culinary imagination and willingness to experiment.
Serve meatballs with cereals, vegetables, pasta - with any classic side dishes. They are also good with hearty or light green salads made from fresh vegetables and greens.
Recipe 1: Chicken meatballs in sour cream sauce
• 700-800 grams of minced chicken; • egg;
• one third cup of milk;
• 50 grams of white bread;
• vegetable oil for roasting;
• 20 grams of butter and olive oil for the sauce;
• two tablespoons of flour;
• 700 ml of chicken broth;
• 120 grams of sour cream;
• salt, a mixture of peppers, nutmeg.
1. Crumble bread into milk, after crumbs soak, squeeze them.
2. Chop the onion as small as possible, for this you can use a sharp knife or a blender.
3. Mash chicken mince thoroughly, add egg, onion, bread crumbs, a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Stir once more: the longer you interfere, the more tender the meatballs will be.
4. Clean the minced meat for 30-40 minutes in the refrigerator. This is necessary so that the mass becomes denser and the meat balls are neat and do not fall apart during cooking.
5. Make small neat meatballs from chilled minced meat. To prevent mass from sticking to hands, periodically dip them into cool water.
6. Put the meatballs on the vegetable oil heated in a pan, quickly fry on high heat from all sides until a light blush.
7. In another deep frying pan or in a cauldron, sauté pan, warm the mixture of olive and butter, add flour, fry until browning.
8. Pour broth into the flour mass, add sour cream, a little salt, mix thoroughly. Tom on the most silent fire until thick, about 5 minutes.
9. Put the fried meatballs in sour cream sauce, cover the cauldron with a lid, simmer for 15 minutes.
Recipe 2: Fish Meatballs in Sour Cream Sauce
• half a kilo of white fish fillet;
• 130 grams of sour cream;
• half a glass of broth (fish or vegetable);
• salt, parsley leaves;
• vegetable oil;
• tablespoon flour.
1. Twist the fish fillets in a meat grinder or chop them in a blender.
2. Cut the onion into small cubes and fry until soft.
3. Rinse, dry and chop the parsley leaves. It is important to use only green leaves so that the structure of the meatballs is tender and that the taste of parsley is not so bright. 4. Mix the minced meat with fried onions, greens and egg. Salt to taste.
5. Roll the neat meatballs, roll the fish balls in flour, fry for 1-2 minutes in hot oil.
6. Pour mixture of broth and sour cream. Simmer for about 10 minutes until thickened cream sauce.
Recipe 3: Meatballs in sour cream sauce with almonds in the oven
• 600 grams of minced meat (pork, beef or mixed);
• 20 g butter;
• 20 g almond kernels;
• half a lemon peel;
• two cloves of garlic;
• two tablespoons of flour;
• half a liter of broth (meat, vegetable, chicken);
• 200 g sour cream;
• fennel seed and thyme leaves.
1. Mix the minced meat with chopped almonds, finely chopped herbs, shredded lemon peel and egg.
2. Salt the meat, add the chopped garlic, form the meatballs.
3. Warm the butter in the pan, fry the meat balls to a light blush.
4. Put the meatballs on a baking tray with high sides.
5. Pour mixture of broth, sour cream and flour.
6. Bake 30 minutes in an oven preheated to 160 degrees.
Recipe 4: Swedish Meatballs in Cream-Tomato Sauce
• kilogram of ground beef;
• two bulbs;
• 250 g sour cream;
• 500 g of tomato paste;
• three tablespoons of flour;
• pepper, salt, spices.
1. Peel and chop the onion.
2. In a deep bowl, combine ground beef with onion, egg, salt and spices.
3. Knead until smooth.
4. Form small meatballs with wet hands.
5. Put the semi-finished products on a greased baking sheet, bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
6. In a small saucepan fry the flour to a pinkish-golden color, add the tomato paste. Tomite, constantly stirring vigorously, until thickened - 2-3 minutes.
7. Pour sour cream into the sauce, add salt and spices to taste, if desired, chopped greens.
8. Pour the meatballs with sour cream sauce, return the pan to the oven again, now for 20 minutes.
Recipe 5: Meatballs in Sour Cream Sauce with Mushrooms
• 200 grams of ground beef;
• 200 grams of minced pork;
• 400 grams of champignons;
• two bulbs;
• 230 g sour cream;
• salt, spices;
• vegetable oil;
• 220 ml of cream.
1. Rinse the champignons, cut the mushrooms into small cubes.
2. Peel and chop the onion.
3. Put the onion in the pan, pour in the oil, fry the vegetable until tender blush.
4. Add the mushrooms, fry, stirring, about 10 minutes.
5. Divide the mushroom mass into three parts, leave 2/3 for the cream sauce, 1/3 for the meatballs.
6. Mix two kinds of minced meat, add the deferred mushrooms, egg, add spices and salt.
7. Mold medium-sized meatballs.
8. Put on a sheet for baking, send to the oven for 10 minutes, setting the temperature to 180 degrees.
9. For sour cream sauce, put the mushroom roast in the blender bowl, add sour cream, cream, spices to taste. Crush the mass to the state of the sauce.
10. Pour the fragrant sour cream mixture of meatballs, cook at the same temperature for another 20 minutes.
Recipe 6: Meatballs in Sour Cream Sauce with Rice
• 800 grams of beef tenderloin;
• 130 grams of rice;
• 100 grams of tomato sauce;
• half a cup of sour cream;
• glass of water;
• three eggs;
• vegetable oil;
• salt pepper.
1. Chop the beef into small pieces or twist through a large grill in the meat grinder.
2. Do the same with the bow.
3. Rice cereal, rinse and boil until half cooked with plenty of water, then rinse the cereal and drain the water.
4. Mix the minced meat with rice, add the onions, eggs and tomato sauce. Knead the mass.
5. Shine meatballs are not very large. Dip each meat ball in flour.
6. Fry each meatball in hot oil for a couple of minutes until blush.
7. Put the fried balls in a saucepan, cover with a mixture of water and sour cream, salt to taste, add finely grated carrots. 8. As soon as the sauce boils, reduce the heat to minimum, simmer the meatballs in cream sauce with the lid closed for 20 minutes.
Meatballs in sour cream sauce - tips and useful tips
• For cooking meatballs, use fine minced or large minced.
• Mince can be cooked on your own or purchased ready-made.
• Use only chilled minced meat; if you have it frozen, defrost it in advance.
• If you are buying minced meat, pay attention to the composition of the product. In the first place it should be printed exactly meat, and not fat or skins.
• In order to form meatballs, the stuffing does not stick to your hands, you need to dip your palms in cool water.
• Meatballs will be dense and will not fall apart when you quench, if you first mix the minced meat for a long time and thoroughly, then remove it for 20-30 minutes in a cold place.
• Do not neglect the pre-frying of the meatballs, they will be more aromatic, juicier and tastier.
• Meatballs get more tender, if you use for their preparation of minced meat with fat.
• Meatballs are juicier if sour cream sauce covers them completely.
• The flour used in the sauce allows it to thicken, instead of flour you can use corn starch.
• Meatballs in sour cream sauce can be made a festive dish if you put chopped nuts, prunes, greens or cheese into each meat ball. Or if you add additional flavored ingredients to the sauce: herbs, mushrooms, cheese.