Pumpkin jam with orange is both a tasty and healthy dessert. It is better to harvest it in the autumn when the fresh harvest of pumpkins is gathered. You can add lemon, mandarin, grapefruit besides the orange - citrus will add sourness and light aroma. Ready-made jam can be used in different ways: serve in a bowl for tea, decorate a dessert or use as a filling for pies, puffs or cakes. You can also make mashed jam and mix it into dough for cookies or muffins.
List of ingredients:
- 1 kg of pumpkin,
- 1 orange,
- 1 cup of sugar,
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon,
- 150 ml of water,
- 1 g of citric acid (2 tablespoons of lemon juice).
1. Wash the pumpkin and cut into pieces, cut off the peel, and then each piece even more finely - into cubes and stripes.
2. Peel and chop an orange smaller than a pumpkin.
3. Fold the orange and pumpkin pieces into the pan. If you want the structure of the jam to be more uniform, without large pieces, you can grate the pumpkin on a grater or chop it in a combine. You can also blend a pumpkin already boiled with orange with a blender.
4. Pour sugar and ground cinnamon into the pan. If the orange is not too ripe and not sweet, then you can add more sugar. You can also put a teaspoon of vanilla sugar - jam will get more fragrant. Add water and put the pan on the fire. After boiling water, boil over low heat for 40 minutes. 10 minutes before the end of cooking, add citric acid or lemon juice.
5. If you want the pumpkin to not become deformed and remain in pieces, do not stir it too often - just make sure that it does not start to stick to the bottom of the pan. In general, for these purposes it is better to take a stewpan with a thick bottom. Arrange the prepared jam in sterilized jars and screw on with sterile caps.
6. Then, the blanks should be knocked over and wrapped up for a couple of days, and then put away in the storage room. Delicious and aromatic delicacy is ready.