Raspberries - common berry. It can be found in different areas of Europe, Central Asia, and Siberia. It grows freely in clearings along the river banks. It has long been cultivated.
In addition to good taste, it has unique healing properties. Raspberry fruits contain glucose, fructose, organic acids, fiber, tannins, essential oils. It consists of potassium, iron, manganese, copper, zinc, calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus. Raspberries are rich in vitamins C, B1, B2, B9, E, PP, A.
Due to the presence of salicylic acid, it is a good diaphoretic and antipyretic agent. Fresh berries quench thirst, tea made from dry berries helps to cope with a cold. Raspberries are recommended for anemia, poor appetite, stomach and intestinal pain. Raspberry syrup is added to the mixture to improve the taste.
Therapeutic and beneficial properties are preserved during heat treatment. Therefore, they try to prepare raspberries for the future in the form of jam, jam, compote.
- Compote is much more economical than jam. With a small amount of berries and sugar, you can make enough raspberry drink.
- To preserve most of the vitamins and nutrients, raspberries are subjected to minimal heat treatment.
- Berries of any size are suitable for compote. They should not be crumpled and beaten. It is better to collect them in dry weather.
- It is believed that raspberries do not need to be washed. But in our age of not very good ecology, the berries are necessarily washed. To do this, raspberries in small portions put in a colander and several times immersed in cold water.
- Sometimes a raspberry is infected by the crimson bug larvae. To remove them, the berries are poured with salted cold water (20 g of salt per 1 l of water) and incubated for 15 minutes. When the larvae float to the surface, they are removed, and the berries are washed.
- Allow fluid to drain. Gently tear the sepals, while removing spoiled fruit.
- Prepare the banks. To do this, they are first carefully washed with soda, rinsed. Sterilized. If the banks are half a liter, they can be immersed in a pot of water and boiled. Lids are treated in the same way.
Raspberry Compote: Recipe One
Ingredients (per 1 liter jar):
- raspberry - 350 g;
- sugar - 300 g;
- water - 500 ml.
- Enumerate the raspberries, rinse gently, immersing them in a colander several times in water. Allow the fluid to drain.
- Lay in prepared sterile jars in layers, sprinkling each portion with sugar. Fill with cold water.
- Cover the jars with clean lids. Put in a wide saucepan. Fill it with water to the hangers of the cans.
- Sterilize the compote for three minutes, starting the countdown from the moment of boiling water.
- Remove the cans from the water, seal her cork tightly. Turn upside down, cover with a blanket. Cool it down.
Raspberry Compote: Recipe Two
Ingredients (for 3 three-liter jars):
- raspberry - 3 kg;
- water - 5, 5 l;
- sugar - 750 g.
- sort out the raspberries. Rinse by immersing in cold water in a colander. Remove the sepals.
- Fill the jars with raspberries for a third.
- Pour water into an enamel saucepan, add sugar. Cook the syrup. Cool it down.
- Fill them with raspberries.
- Banks cork. Put in a pot with warm water. Sterilize for three minutes, starting from the moment water boils.
- Remove the cans with compote from the water, turn it upside down and cover with a blanket. Leave to cool.
Raspberry Compote: Recipe Three
Ingredients (for 2 two-liter jars):
- raspberry - 1 kg;
- water - 3 l;
- sugar - 500 g.
- sort out the raspberries. Rinse out. Remove the sepals.
- Pour water into an enamel saucepan, add sugar. Cook the syrup.
- Put the raspberries in it, bring to a boil. Boil two minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave for 10 hours.
- Prepare sterile jars with lids.
- The next day, using a skimmer, remove the berries from the pan, transfer them to the jars.
- Boil the syrup again. Immediately fill them with raspberries.
- Banks cork.
Raspberry compote in own juice (concentrated)
- raspberry - 3 kg;
- icing sugar - 750 g.
- Enumerate the raspberries, wash them, remove the sepals.
- When the water is drained, place the berries in a bowl or a wide saucepan, pouring powdered sugar in layers. Leave for 12 hours. During this time, the berry will give juice.
- With the help of skimmers raspberries shift into prepared sterile jars. Pour the selected juice.
- Cover the jars with sterile caps. Put in a pot of water. From the moment you boil the water, sterilize for three minutes. Then hermetically seal the cork.
- Turn the jars upside down on a towel and cover with a blanket. Leave to cool.
Raspberry Compote without Sterilization: First recipe
Ingredients (for 1 three-liter jar):
- raspberry - 600 g;
- water - 2, 5 l;
- sugar - 300 g;
- citric acid - 1 incomplete teaspoon.
- Go through the raspberries, removing the damaged berries. Rinse gently in cold water. Remove the sepals.
- Arrange the berries in prepared jars, filling them in 1/3 volume.
- Pour water into a saucepan, add sugar. Cook the syrup.
- Pour citric acid in each jar. Raspberries pour boiling syrup so that it overflows the banks.
- Immediately roll up the jars with sterile caps.
- Turn the cans upside down. Wrap a blanket. Leave to cool.
Raspberry Compote without Sterilization: the second recipe
Ingredients (for one three-liter jar):
- raspberry - 500 g;
- water - 2, 5 l;
- sugar - 1 tbsp.
- sort out the raspberries. Remove all spoiled, bruised and green berries. Rinse by dipping several times in cold water. Break the sepals.
- Banks wash. Heat in the oven or boil water in them, thereby sterilizing. Put the lids in a bowl with water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Berry folded in banks. Fill with boiling water. Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the rosy water through the lid with the holes in the pan. Add at the rate of sugar. Cook the syrup.
- Fill them with raspberries so that the syrup overflows slightly.
- Immediately roll the jars with lids.
- Turn them upside down. Wrap a blanket. Leave to cool.
Mistress to note
Raspberry compote is a very tasty and fragrant drink. But if the berries are small, prepare a compote of a mixture of fruits and berries for the winter. Raspberry goes well with apples, strawberries, black currants, blackberries, apricots.
Prepared berries and fruits put in sterile jars, pour syrup and sterilize from 5 to 20 minutes depending on the volume of the jar.
Such compote can be preserved without sterilization. For this assorted berries put in sterilized three-liter jars. Pour boiling water. Soak for 15-20 minutes. Then pour the liquid into the pan. Put 500 grams of sugar on each liter of water. Cook the syrup. Fill them with berries and seal her immediately. Cool in the inverted state.