Many housewives prepare jams, jams and confitures from apples, plums and fruits of other crops grown in our country for the winter. These fruits and berries are available, useful, and sweet reserves of them are tasty, fragrant. Banana jam is a rarity on our table, although this dessert deserves attention. It has a seductive aroma and a pleasant taste, in its composition there are valuable micro-and macronutrients, which are rich in bananas. The billet can be used as a filling for sweet pastries or served separately for tea. You can cook such a treat all year round, but to always have it at hand, it makes sense to prepare it for future use.
The flesh of bananas has a delicate and dense texture. Just grinding it, you can get a composition resembling jam. Because of this, it may seem easy to make jam from bananas. In fact, the technology of its preparation has its own nuances, without knowing which the result may not meet the expectations.
- For jam, you can use bananas of different degrees of ripeness, but from overripe it will turn out to be slightly darker and less appetizing.
- Recipes often indicate the weight of peeled bananas. In this case, the raw fruit will require 30-40% more, since their skin is dense and heavy.
- Bananas are the sweetest of fruits. Jam of them can be made without the use of sugar, but then it can be stored only in the refrigerator and not more than two weeks. Most often, banana jam is prepared with the addition of sugar.
- To make banana jam not cloyingly sweet, it is boiled with the addition of sour fruits. Most often in this role are citruses, but they can be replaced by apples, plums. Sometimes they use not the flesh of the fruit, but squeezed juice from them.
- In order to make the jam better, it is cooked in dishes that have a large area of evaporation and in small portions. Usually such dishes are a bowl, bowl, stewpan.
- If you plan to keep banana jam for more than two weeks, you need to fold it over sterilized cans, cover it with metal lids, which have been previously boiled.
The storage conditions for banana jam can be different - a lot depends on the recipe used. Most often it is kept in a cool place, but not necessarily in the refrigerator. The shelf life of the product with proper storage is 6 months.
Banana jam with orange juice
The composition (0, 5 l):
- bananas - 0, 6 kg;
- oranges - 0, 3 kg;
- sugar - 0, 25 kg.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the oranges. Using a citrus juicer, squeeze the juice out of them. If you squeeze the juice with your hands, take one more orange.
- Wash, peel bananas.
- Cut the bananas into circles, put in a bowl. Carefully mash with a fork. If you use a blender, the composition will turn out too smooth. When you crush bananas with a fork, you will get jam in which pieces of fruit will be felt.
- Pour orange juice into a bowl of bananas, mix well. To do this, you can use the whisk.
- Add sugar, mix fruit weight with a spoon. Cover the bowl with a thin cloth. Leave on 1-1, 5 hours. During this time, the sugar will dissolve completely or almost completely.
- Place a container of bananas over medium heat, bring to a boil.
- Turn down the fire. Boil 15 minutes, removing the foam. Try not to get burned, as the banana puree boils violently even over low heat.
- Remove the bowl from the heat, leave for half an hour.
- Mix the banana jam, return to the fire and boil it, stirring for another 30 minutes.
- Sterilize the jars and lids that fit them.
- Spread the jam over the jars, close them tightly.
- Put the jars with the lids down, cover with a blanket, leave to cool in such conditions for additional preservation.
After cooling, the jam should be placed in a cool place. It can be a cellar, a basement, an unheated storeroom.
Banana jam with oranges and lemons
Composition (1 l):
- bananas (peeled) - 0, 6 kg;
- oranges - 0, 8 kg;
- lemons - 2 pcs .;
- sugar - 0, 35 kg.
Method of preparation:
- From one orange and one lemon, rub the zest after washing the fruit well.
- Remove the white film, disassemble the fruit into slices.
- Peel and divide the remaining oranges and lemon.
- Clean the citrus slices from the film while removing the bones.
- Grind lemon and orange slices with a blender.
- Peel a banana, cut into slices, immerse in citrus juice with pulp.
- Fill with sugar and place on the stove.
- Bringing to a boil over medium heat, boil for 5 minutes, removing the foam, reduce the heat.
- Continue to simmer gently for 40 minutes, periodically stirring the fruit so that it does not burn.
- Add the zest, stir, cook for another 5-10 minutes, remove from heat.
It remains to decompose the jam into sterilized jars, roll them up and wait for the dessert to cool to room temperature. After that, it must be rearranged to a cool place where it can be stored for up to 6 months.
Banana jam with lemon and cinnamon
Composition (for 0, 75-0, 85 l):
- bananas - 1 kg;
- cinnamon - 1 stick;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- sugar - 0, 4 kg;
- water - 150 ml;
- liqueur (to your taste) - 30 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Heat up the water. Gradually pouring sugar into it, achieve its complete dissolution.
- In a syrup, squeeze the juice from the lemon, put the halves of lemon peel, cinnamon stick. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Peel bananas, cut into circles, put in syrup.
- Simmer for 20 minutes over low heat, stirring and removing foam as necessary.
- Take out the cinnamon and lemon peel. Grind the rest with an immersion blender.
- Return the zest and cinnamon to the banana puree, boil it over low heat to the desired consistency.
- Take out the cinnamon and lemon zest, discard them.
- Add liqueur, stir. Remove jam from heat.
- Spread the banana jam over the prepared jars, roll them up.
You can keep an exquisite dessert for up to 6 months, but only in a cool place.
Banana jam mistress is rarely prepared, and it is in vain: this delicacy is tasty and useful, can compete with any other homemade confiture.