Candied heavenly apples (raentes, Chinese apples) - this is one of the most original desserts, which can surprise guests and household. Tasty, fragrant fruits are no more than sweet cherry, and in color they resemble dark, transparent amber. It is convenient to take the paradise apples by the long tails and send them into the mouth entirely, enjoying an unusual, rich taste. It seems that they are soaked through with sunlight.
- paradise apples - 1 kg;
- granulated sugar - 1 kg;
- water - 300 ml.
1. Tart paradise-sweet paradise apples have rather thick flesh and are ideal for making candied fruits. The main thing is that all fruits should be approximately the same size. Then they are evenly soaked with sugar syrup and at the same time dry out under the sun. Discard spoiled apples and rinse under cool water.
2. When water is drained, sepals should be torn off from each fruit. They are easily separated if you squeeze them with two fingers and turn slightly. Pinch off the upper part of the tails.
3. Then each apple should be pierced in two or three places. Through the holes formed, the syrup will quickly penetrate into the flesh of the fruit.
4. When all fruits are processed, you can start preparing the syrup.
5. To do this, pour all the amount of granulated sugar into boiled water.
6. Then this mixture should be set on fire and, while stirring, bring to a boil. The resulting foam must be removed so that the syrup does not overflow. With boiling sugar solution pour the prepared paradise apples and let them cool for 6 hours.
7. After that, the fruit must be transferred to a separate container, and the syrup should be boiled. Pour the apples into the syrup and cook for 10 minutes. During this time, the fruits will acquire a characteristic transparency. Then they should be hot to shift into a colander.
8. The drained syrup should be collected and boiled again with the main solution. After that, it can be rolled up and stored as jam.
Cover the parchment tray. Put on it in a single layer of heavenly apples and put to dry under the sun.
9. The next day, remove the parchment. Drying fruits continue for another 4 days.
10. Ready-made candied paradise apples to shift into any container that can be hermetically sealed. They can be stored in this form until the next harvest at room temperature (20 degrees).