Kulich is an obligatory dish on the Easter table. Each hostess seeks to make it tasty, so that all guests and household ate this festive cake with genuine pleasure. Someone prefers traditional options, someone is looking for new recipes. In search of an ingredient that can replace raisins, it is difficult to get past the slices of dried oranges, pineapples, papaya and other fruits. Kulich with candied fruits turns out bright and appetizing, they do not soak in the dough and give baking an unusual taste. They can be put in the dough instead of raisins or in addition to it, combined with dried fruits and nuts. There are so many recipes for Easter cake with candied fruit that it is difficult not to choose an option to taste.
There are many recipes for Easter cakes with dried fruit pieces, and the technology for their preparation is not always identical. To avoid mistakes and get the expected result, you must follow the recommendations that accompany the specific recipe. However, there are several points, the knowledge of which is useful to the cook, no matter what version of the Easter cake he is going to cook.
- Flour for cakes take high quality. Second-grade flour gives baking a gray tint and unpleasant taste. For festive meals this is unacceptable.
- Flour must be sieved before use. This manipulation is needed not only to rid the product of small litter and insect larvae, although this is also important. The main purpose of sifting flour is to saturate it with oxygen. After this procedure, it becomes easy, it is easier to combine with other components, preventing the formation of lumps.
- Most Easter cakes are made from yeast dough. To activate the yeast, it is important to use warm foods and create a suitable atmosphere in the room, otherwise the microorganisms that cause fermentation will refuse to work and the dough will not work.
- A lot of baking (eggs, butter) is often added to holiday cakes. They make the dough heavier. So that it rose well, they often use a sponge method of kneading it. This technology is more durable and complex, but also more reliable. You should not try to speed up the process, giving preference to the straightforward method of making dough, especially when it is prepared with candied fruits, with which it rises a little less when baking, than with raisins.
- Candied fruits can be put whole in the dough, but many cooks rightly believe that large pieces of fruit are distributed less evenly in the dough than small ones, and prefer to pre-cut the candied fruits with a knife.
- Candied fruits are mixed into the dough before adding flour or at a later stage, when it is already mixed. To evenly distribute the dried fruit in the dough, it is rolled out, then sprinkled with candied fruit, rolled into a roll, and then kneaded a little more in different directions.
- Cupcake fills are not completely filled with dough, as it rises a lot when baking. If the forms are filled with already fully matched dough, it may take up 2/3 of the volume. If the dough should rise in the forms, they are filled to 1/3.
- Before putting the dough in the oven, it must be heated. Muffins are usually baked at a temperature of 180-200 degrees. Baking time depends on the size of cakes, usually it is 40-50 minutes.
Ready Easter cakes are decorated with white icing and culinary sprinkles. Instead of sprinkling, a cupcake with candied fruit can be decorated with them, they are bright enough and elegant for this.
Easter cake with candied fruits and raisins
- wheat flour - 1 kg;
- pressed yeast - 50 g;
- milk - 0, 35 l;
- butter - 0, 3 kg;
- refined vegetable oil - 100 ml;
- chicken egg - 6 pcs .;
- sugar - 0, 3 kg;
- icing sugar - 0, 2 kg;
- salt - 5 g;
- vanilla sugar - 20 g;
- lemon juice - 20 ml;
- candied fruit - 150 g;
- raisins - 150 g.
Method of preparation:
- Remove the oil from the refrigerator beforehand so that it can soften by the time the dough is prepared.
- Beat 5 eggs, separating the yolks from the proteins.
- Heat the milk to about 35 degrees. This temperature is considered optimal for the activation of yeast. In a cold environment, they will not work, but a hot liquid will kill them.
- Pour 100 ml of milk, crumble yeast into it, add a tablespoon of sugar. Stir. Wait 10-15 minutes until the yeast is working. Their activation will be indicated by the appearance of a frothy cap on the surface of milk.
- Sift flour. Pour out the glass and mix with the remaining milk. The composition should be homogeneous, without lumps. Mix it with sourdough.
- Cover the bowl with the boil with a damp cloth and place in a warm place for about an hour, until it rises, then wrinkles.
- Spread the yolks with the remaining sugar, combine with the broth.
- Beat whites, combine with the resulting mass.
- Gradually add flour, knead the dough. First, it is stirred with a spoon or spatula, and when it becomes dense, it is shifted onto the floured working surface of the table and continue to knead by hand. At this stage, stir in butter in small portions.
- Put the dough in the pan. Put in the heat and wait about 3-4 hours until it rises, increasing in volume by about 2 times. Punch the dough and wait for it to rise again.
- Fill the raisins with boiling water, after 15 minutes, drain the water, dry the raisins.
- Cut the candied fruits into small pieces.
- Stir the candied fruit and raisins into the dough.
- Grease cakes for butter cakes with butter, put the dough in them, filling the containers for about a third, maximum - half.
- Let it stand for an hour. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Break the remaining egg, separating the yolk. Protein temporarily removed in the refrigerator.
- Shake the yolk with a fork. Using a culinary brush, cover the surface of the dough with yolk.
- Put the dough into the oven. When the surface of the cakes will be ruddy, cover them with foil and bake until done. When piercing the finished cakes with a toothpick, it remains dry.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, remove from the mold.
- Mix egg white with lemon juice, whisk. Continuing to whip, add powdered sugar.
- Cover the cakes with protein glaze.
While the frosting is not frozen, candied fruits can be laid out on it to make the cake even more elegant.
Easter cake with candied fruits and nuts
- wheat flour - 0, 85 kg;
- milk - 0, 3 l;
- saffron - 10 g;
- water - 50 ml;
- sugar - 120 g;
- dry yeast - 11 g;
- salt - a pinch;
- orange peel - 40 g;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- egg yolks - 4 pcs .;
- ground cardamom - a pinch;
- butter - 0, 23 kg;
- rum - 10 ml;
- candied fruits - 0, 2 kg;
- almonds - 100 g.
Method of preparation:
- Pour the zest and saffron with water mixed with rum. Leave for a few hours so that they are present. Strain.
- Heat the milk to 35 degrees, add a tablespoon of sugar and yeast into it, mix. Wait for the yeast to activate.
- Add 1-1,5 cups of sifted flour to make a mixture resembling sour cream in consistency.
- Cover it with a towel, wait until it fits.
- Remove the oil from the refrigerator to soften.
- Beat the eggs, separating the whites from the yolks.
- Yolks of 5 eggs rub with the remaining sugar. Add the infusion on saffron and orange peel, whisk whisk.
- Add the softened butter, whisk again.
- Mix the egg-oil mixture with brew until a homogeneous composition is obtained.
- Beat 2 proteins, enter them into the dough.
- After adding the remaining flour, knead the dough. Leave it warm until it rises, doubling up.
- Finely chop the candied fruit, chop the nuts.
- Roll out the dough, sprinkle it with almonds and candied fruits. Roll the dough, knead it for 2-3 minutes.
- Spread the dough into forms, filling them 1/3.
- Wait for the dough to rise. Lubricate it with yolk.
- Place the dough forms in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees. Bake them for about 40 minutes.
It remains to cool the cupcakes, cover them with icing, decorate with candied fruits and almonds.
Cottage Cheese Cake with Candied Fruit
- cottage cheese - 0, 5 kg;
- flour - 0, 7 kg;
- sugar -0, 28 g;
- milk -140 ml;
- chicken egg - 4 pcs .;
- vanillin - 2 g;
- dry yeast - 10 g;
- salt - 5 g;
- butter - 120 g;
- candied fruits - 0, 2 kg.
Method of preparation:
- Milk heated to 30-35 degrees is mixed with a tablespoon of sugar and yeast. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Curd cheese through a sieve.
- Beat the eggs with the remaining sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Melt the butter, cool it, combine with the egg mass, whisk.
- Add the curd, stir or whisk to get a uniform composition.
- Combine curd-egg mass with brew, mix.
- Sift flour. Pour it into a liquid base, knead the dough. The dough will be sticky. To work with him was easier, grease your hands with vegetable oil.
- Put the dough in a bowl, cover it with cling film. Put the dough bowl in a warm place.
- In approximately 1, 5 hours the dough will double in volume. Pull it down, roll it out. Mix the candied fruit into it.
- Leave the dough warm until the volume is doubled again. Punch again.
- Spread the dough into forms, filling them into 2/3.
- Let the dough stand on the forms for 25 minutes. During this time, heat up the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the muffins in the oven, bake them for 40-45 minutes.
Cottage cheese cake with candied fruits is obtained not only tasty and appetizing, but also useful, since during the heat treatment the cottage cheese does not lose its valuable properties.
Kulichi with candied fruits turn out bright and tasty. They will be even tastier if raisins or nuts are added to the composition. An unusual and useful is a cottage cheese cake with candied fruit, which can also be cooked on Easter.