Beijing cabbage in density and juiciness is intermediate between leaf lettuce and cabbage. It can replace them in most snacks without losing the organoleptic qualities of the dishes. It goes well with poultry, seafood, sausages, cheeses, and various vegetables. Thanks to this, salads with Chinese cabbage are extremely diverse, among them you can find an option for every taste.
Given the presence of a huge number of recipes for salads from Chinese cabbage, it is impossible to offer a single technology for preparing this dish. However, there are points that are common, no matter which snack option is chosen.
- If cabbage leaves have dried up, they can be dipped in ice water for an hour, and they will refresh. If you add a little vinegar to the water, the effect will be even more noticeable.
- How finely chopped Chinese cabbage depends on the specific recipe. Usually the leaves are cut lengthwise into 3 parts, then cut across strips about 5 mm thick.
- The lower parts of Beijing cabbage leaves are able to substitute white cabbage in salads. The top of the leaves is an adequate substitute for leaf lettuce.
- To give Beijing cabbage salads a taste typical of Asian dishes, you can season it with soy sauce, mixed with apple cider vinegar, or add this mixture to a regular dressing.
- Peking cabbage salads often contain canned foods. Before adding to the appetizer, they should be thrown back in a colander so that they dry. Then the salad no longer lose its freshness.
- When heat-treated products are added to a salad, they should be cooled to room temperature. Otherwise, the snack will quickly turn sour.
- To make Chinese cabbage salad not watery, it is better not to salt it, using soy sauce as an alternative, or dressing just before serving.
Salads from Peking cabbage are most often obtained nourishing, but not heavy for the stomach. Many of them can be done in haste. Some dish options are good as a family dinner, others can be served to the festive table.
Salad with Chinese cabbage and crab sticks
- Chinese cabbage - 0, 3 kg;
- crab sticks - 0, 25 kg;
- canned corn - 0, 2 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 150 g;
- fresh dill - 50 g;
- green onions - 50 g;
- sugar is a major pinch;
- salt or soy sauce - to taste;
- mayonnaise - to taste.
- Divide the cabbage into leaves, wash them, dry. Cut into 3 pieces lengthwise, finely chop, put in a salad bowl.
- Add a pinch of sugar, slightly remember with your hands.
- Wash the paprika, cut, remove the seeds together with the stem. Cut the pulp into small strips, add to the cabbage.
- Wash, dab off green onions and dill. When they dry, chop them finely, add to vegetables.
- Open a jar of corn, fold it to a colander. When the grains dry out a little, pour them into a container of vegetables and greens.
- Remove the crab sticks from the packaging. If you purchased a frozen product for salad, it should be allowed to thaw in natural conditions, without a sharp temperature drop.
- After freeing the surimi from the film coating, cut the product into small cubes, about the size of a corn kernel. Add crabmeat to other foods.
- Sprinkle the salad with soy sauce or just add salt. Add mayonnaise, mix thoroughly.
If you want the salad to be more satisfying, add boiled eggs to it. It will be enough to boil and cut 2-3 eggs into cubes.
Caesar salad with Chinese cabbage and shrimps
- upper halves of Beijing cabbage leaves - 0, 2 kg;
- shrimps cooked and frozen in their shells - 0.5 kg;
- cherry tomatoes - 0, 2 kg;
- quail eggs - 8 pcs .;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- wheat bread - 0, 2 kg;
- olive oil - 20 ml for roasting shrimps, 20 ml for cooking croutons, 20 ml for salad dressing;
- lemon juice - 5 ml;
- honey - 5 ml;
- table mustard - 5 ml;
- salt, ground pepper - to taste;
- garlic - 1 clove.
- Boil quail eggs, cool them under running cold water, peel, cut into halves.
- Wash, dry with a napkin Beijing cabbage leaves. Cut them large, put on a dish.
- Boil water, add pepper and salt to it, lower the shrimps, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Cool the shrimps, peel, brown on both sides in vegetable oil. It is necessary to fry them not for long: for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Wash tomatoes, let them dry, cut each into 2 pieces along.
- Cut off crusts from bread, cut crumbs into cubes. It is advisable to use slightly dried bread.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the garlic sliced in plates for 2 minutes, remove it from the pan. Put bread cubes on it, lightly browning them.
- Pour the bread cubes onto a baking sheet, place it in a preheated 180 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet with crackers, let them cool.
- In a small container, combine the remaining butter, melted honey, mustard and salt to a liquid. Salt can be replaced with soy sauce.
- Whisk thoroughly with a whisk.
- Sprinkle the Peking cabbage on the dish with the prepared dressing.
- Spread prawns on cabbage. Between them, put halves of tomatoes and eggs. Water them with the remaining dressing.
- Put the cooked croutons on top.
- Coarsely grate the cheese, sprinkle the salad with cheese chips.
The salad for this recipe is not quite easy to prepare, but even an aspiring cook is able to cope with the task. The result is a dish that can become the main decoration of the holiday table.
Salad with Chinese cabbage, chicken breast and pine nuts
- Chinese cabbage - 0, 2 kg;
- chicken breast fillet - 0, 2 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 2 kg;
- cucumbers - 0, 2 kg;
- canned red beans - 100 g;
- pine nuts - 50 g;
- fresh greens - 100 g;
- olive oil - 60 ml for frying, 40 ml for filling;
- lemon juice - 5 ml;
- balsamic vinegar - 5 ml;
- nutmeg is a big pinch;
- salt (or soy sauce), black pepper - to taste.
- Chicken breast fillets cut into small pieces, fry them in vegetable oil, salted and seasoned. Put on a napkin so that it absorbs excess oil.
- Peking cabbage leaves should be washed, dried, chopped into medium sized pieces, put into a container in which you will prepare the salad.
- Wash cucumbers and tomatoes, greens. Let them dry.
- Cut the tips of the cucumbers, cut the vegetables into thin halves of the circles, put them to the cabbage.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, cut the seals in the stalk area. Cut the tomatoes into thin slices, put to other vegetables. Use a sharp knife to avoid squeezing out extra juice from tomatoes.
- Put the right amount of beans out of the jar, let it dry, put it in a bowl with other products.
- Put the cooled chicken pieces in a container with other ingredients.
- Finely chop the greens with a knife, add to the remaining ingredients.
- Combine lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, oil and seasonings in a separate container, whisk together.
- Pour the mixture into the container with the prepared products, mix.
- Put the appetizer in a salad bowl or dish, sprinkle with pine nuts.
The dish prepared according to this recipe looks elegant, it turns out to be hearty, but not heavy. Balsamic vinegar gives it a noble taste. If you stick to a diet, you can not fry the chicken fillet, and boil and chop.
Salad with Chinese cabbage and smoked sausage
- Chinese cabbage - 0, 3 kg;
- smoked sausage - 0, 25 kg;
- fresh cucumbers - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- mayonnaise or sour cream - 150 ml;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- The Beijing cabbage leaves washed and dried with a napkin are small-sized and chopped into a bowl.
- Clean the sausage, cut it into thin cubes, put it to the cabbage.
- Free the onions from the husk. Cut it into thin half-rings. Pour boiling water for a couple of minutes, squeeze, send to sausage and cabbage.
- Scrape, wash carrots, chop them on a grater for Korean salads. If such a device in the house is not available, you can grate the vegetable on a regular grater with large holes. Add carrots to other ingredients.
- Wash, blot cucumbers with a napkin, cut off the tips of the fruit. Cut the vegetables into strips, add to the rest of the products.
- Skip garlic through a press, mix with sour cream or mayonnaise. If using sour cream, add a few drops of apple cider vinegar, pepper and salt.
- Season the salad with the cooked sauce.
Snacks made according to this recipe will appeal to lovers of savory dishes. It will not be too spicy, but the taste and aroma of garlic and smoked sausage will do the trick.
Peking cabbage salad with salmon and olives
- salmon (fillet) - 0, 2 kg;
- Chinese cabbage - 0, 3 kg;
- tomatoes (ordinary or cherry) - 0, 25 kg;
- red onion - 100 g;
- pitted olives - 100 g;
- lemon - 0, 5 pcs .;
- olive oil - 80 ml;
- salt, pepper, Provencal herbs - to taste.
- Cut the salmon fillet into portions, rub with aromatic herbs, salt and spices, fry until done in oil, using 30-40 ml of this product. Put on a napkin that will absorb excess fat.
- Chopped salmon cut into small pieces, put in a bowl.
- Wash, dry and chop the Chinese cabbage in medium pieces. Put it to salmon.
- Wash tomatoes, blot with a napkin, cut seals near the stem. Slice the tomatoes into small pieces. If you use cherry tomatoes, they need to be cut into 4 pieces. Add to the rest of the components.
- Drain the liquid from the jar of olives, cut the olives into large ringlets, put them to other products.
- Slice peeled onion into thin half-rings, add to the remaining ingredients.
- Mix the juice, squeezed from half a lemon, with the remaining butter. Season the salad.
The look of this salad causes appetite. It is not a shame to put such a snack on a festive table, even if very important guests are invited to the celebration.
How to decorate a salad with Chinese cabbage
It is believed that Beijing cabbage salads look best in a transparent salad bowl or on a transparent dish. White dishes will be a good choice. On such dishes, a Peking cabbage snack will look bright and fresh. If she is preparing for the holiday, it will not hurt to think of an additional decor. You can offer a few ideas for decorating Chinese cabbage salads.
- Beijing cabbage salad can be sprinkled with sesame, crushed nuts or grated cheese. Then it will become even more appetizing and more refined.
- Highlighting the freshness of the green leaves of Beijing cabbage will help the berries. Salad can be decorated with cranberries or currants.
- Flowers made from vegetables that make up it will be an excellent decoration of the Beijing cabbage salad. They are cut into thin slices. One plate is rolled up, the rest is wrapped around it. The result is a design that resembles a pink bud. Flowers laid out on the surface of the salad or on the edge of the plate in which it lies. Flowers will look more expressive if you put them together with sprigs of fresh greenery.
- Flowers for decorating salad can be made from eggs, ham, cheese, if these products are present in the composition of the snack.
- If there are tomatoes in the dish, you can decorate it with cherry tomatoes: it is easy to “turn” their halves into “ladybirds” by making points from small pieces of olives.
When serving in bulk, a salad of Peking cabbage can be spread out on a bowl.
Salads from Peking cabbage look fresh and appetizing. They quickly prepare, do not burden the body with extra calories, but they are nourishing. After decorating the snack properly, you can put it on the holiday table.