Khinkali are different. In some people it is just flat cakes made from unleavened dough, in other products with a filling, in some - puff snails.
Prepare the dish in several ways, one of the interesting options - on cornmeal. Let's try?
Corn Khinkali - General Cooking Principles
For the preparation of the dough will need corn flour, you can buy it in the store or cook from cereals. In any case, you need to sift, only then proceed to the dough. Sometimes cornmeal and wheat flour are mixed.
What is used for the test:
• milk or kefir, whey;
After kneading, he is allowed to lie down for half an hour, but more. Next roll out cakes. Cook hinkal. Or sculpt high-grade products with different fillings, also boil steamed or in water. They serve a dish with different sauces, the taste and appearance of which depends on the filling and other additional ingredients.
Dagestan corn khinkal on water
The traditional maize hinkal in Dagestan is a piece of dough, cooked in broth or in water. They are served to the table with different sauces, boiled meat, greens, broths, vegetables.
• 120 ml of water;
• 300 g of corn flour;
• 0.5 tsp. salt.
1. Dissolve salt in room temperature water.
2. Sift corn flour, make a hole, pour water. Take a spoon, start stirring in the center of the hole in a clockwise direction.
3. As soon as it becomes difficult to rotate the spoon, immerse your hands and knead the stiff dough, as for dumplings or homemade noodles. Put it in a bag or leave it on the table, but cover it with an inverted bowl.
4. We give the corn dough to lie down so that it gets the right consistency, it becomes soft and pliable.
5. Now we pinch small pieces from the dough, a little smaller than a quail egg, flatten it in our hands to make a flat cake. Put on a cutting board. Sculpt many such cakes. 6. Pour into boiling water or broth, boil after boiling
Corn Khinkali with Steamed Lamb
Recipe for traditional corn khinkali. They are steamed, you can use mantovarku.
• 500 g of corn flour;
• 250 grams of wheat flour;
• 0.2 liters of kefir;
• 300 g of lamb;
• 100 g of fat-tailed fat;
• 1 onion;
• 1 egg;
• greens for feeding;
• a little cilantro in minced meat.
1. Mix cornmeal and wheat flour, sift on the table or in a large bowl, make a well in the center.
2. Combine kefir with 0.5 tsp. soda and the same amount of salt, stir, add raw egg. Pour into the hole, knead not very cool dough. Put in the bag, leave for half an hour, let him lie down on the table.
3. Cut the fat tail, put it in the pan, start roasting.
4. Cut the onion, add to the fat tail, sauté together for a couple of minutes. Then cool slightly.
5. Twist the lamb, combine with the fried fat-tail and onions, add salt and pepper, chopped cilantro. In general, it is better to use the twigs, but you can and leaves.
6. We take out the dough, pinch off a small ball, use a thumb to make a recess in it, stretch the sides to form a kind of jug. We put stuffing stuffing into the hole, pinch it. Get a round donut with filling. Put it on the steamer tray.
7. We sculpt in a similar way further.
8. Turn on the steamer, cook khinkali after boiling for 25-30 minutes, depending on their size.
9. Spread on a dish, decorate with fresh herbs, served with garlic sauce or ketchup.
Corn khinkali with boiled beef and garlic sauce
Oriental khinkali recipe made from corn flour, which need not be cooked only with beef. Pork or lamb also fit.
• 0.2 kg of corn flour;
• 0.3 kg of wheat flour;
• 0.5 tsp. salt in the dough;
• glass of water.
• 1 kg of meat.
For the sauce:
• 200 g thick sour cream;
• 5 cloves of garlic;
• salt, black pepper;
• any greens.
Cooking 1. You can take any meat, if there are a lot of bones, then take more. Fill with water, about 3 liters, cook for 2 hours until ready, add salt. Take out the pieces of broth. In it we will prepare corn tortillas.
2. Mix both types of flour, salt water, knead the usual unleavened dough, allow it to lie down for gluten to swell.
3. Roll out the dough thin cakes, you can do a few things, sprinkle with flour so that the rolling pin does not stick.
4. Cut squares, rectangles or diamonds from flat cakes. The size is slightly larger than a matchbox.
5. To throw flat cakes in boiling broth from meat, boil for 3-5 minutes, we look on readiness. Remove with a slotted spoon in a bowl, brush with a few drops of oil, shake well.
6. Prepare the sauce: mix all the ingredients with sour cream, you need to chop, chop.
7. Cut the meat into pieces, remove the bones.
8. Put boiled khinkal on the dish, slices of boiled meat on top, serve with garlic sauce.
Corn khinkal with cottage cheese
Cottage cheese option corn khinkali. Optionally, you can add a little grated cheese to the filling, it will also be tasty, interesting. You can cook in water or steamed, whatever you like.
• 140 g of kefir;
• 300 g of corn flour;
• 100-150 g of wheat flour;
• 0.3 tsp. salts;
• 1 small egg;
• 0.5 tsp. soda
• 200 g of cottage cheese;
• 1 yolk or small egg;
• 2-3 sprigs of dill.
1. Stir the kefir with soda and salt, wait a little while the quenching reaction takes place. Add egg, shake well.
2. Combine flavored kefir with corn flour, then add wheat flour, knead the stiff dough. Give otlezhatsya about half an hour.
3. Grind cottage cheese until smooth, add salt, add a little dill, but not necessary. Enter the egg. If the cheese is weak, then you can not put or add only the yolk. Stir again.
4. We sculpt round khinkali of classical form or just buns with filling.
5. We shift to a greased pan, cook 15 minutes for a couple.
6. Either we toss in boiling water, boil after boiling for 3-5 minutes, we look at readiness. Water must be salted. 7. Served such bully with sour cream, garlic sauce. Greens. It can be fried in butter.
Corn khinkali with nettle from Julia Vysotskaya
The famous TV presenter can cook corn khinkali not only with meat. Julia Vysotskaya has a wonderful recipe for dishes with young leaves of nettle.
• 0.3 kg of corn flour;
• 80-100 g of wheat flour;
• 120 ml of kefir;
• 1 spoon of butter;
• soda 0.5 tsp;
• some salt.
• nettle fresh;
• boiled egg;
• 1 onion;
• 2 spoons of butter;
1. Knead the usual dough, dissolve soda in kefir, salt it, add some vegetable oil with the mixture, it will make the mass more supple and soft. We remove to the side, cover with foil or an inverted bowl.
2. Cut the onion into small cubes, lay out in a frying pan, pour in the oil and pass until golden.
3. Cut the boiled egg, mix with fried onions. Go through the nettles, you will need an average bunch, remove the leaves, cut, salt and mash with your hands. Combine with the rest of the ingredients of the filling, pepper to taste.
4. We get corn dough, divide it into pieces, make balls with filling in any convenient way. The main thing - well zaschipnut edges.
5. We put in a double boiler, bring to readiness 12-15 minutes
6. Either boil khinkali in hot water for a few minutes.
7. Serve this dish with sour cream, pour with butter.
Corn khinkali with pumpkin and cheese
Option bright stuffing for khinkali of corn. In fact, with a pumpkin, you can cook and a sweet dish, in this case, the cheese must be replaced with cottage cheese, you can add raisins.
• 500 g of corn flour;
• 210 ml of water;
• 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
• 0.2 kg of pumpkin;
• 0.1 kg of cheese;
• 1 clove garlic;
• a little pepper;
• 50 g butter.
1. Dissolve a little less than half a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water. Add corn flour, knead the dough, at the very end add vegetable oil. Thoroughly knead, leave to rest. 2. Grate the pumpkin and lightly squeeze if it is juicy. Add grated cheese, squeeze some garlic into the stuffing, sprinkle pepper and mix. If you do not plan to sculpt khinkali immediately, do not add salt yet.
3. Roll out the dough into a sausage, cut across the washer, dip in flour and roll a thin flat cake out of each rolling pin.
4. Put the stuffing, collect the edges in a heap, press the knot so that nothing falls apart.
5. Put the corn khinkali in a double boiler. Cook after boiling water for at least 20 minutes, as pumpkin is damp. If you use stewed or boiled pumpkin, then time can be reduced.
6. Shift the ready-made khinkali on a dish, pour with melted butter.
Corn Khinkali - Tips and Tricks
• Khinkali will taste better if you add a little wheat flour to corn flour.
• After cooking, any khinkali need to be lubricated so that they do not stick together. You can use any butter or vegetable oil.
• If you add a little oil to the unleavened dough during kneading, it will become easier and easier to work, it will not be too tight.
• When cooking do not need hinkali often interfere, so as not to damage the shape. But when boiling it is important to mix well. Since the filled products are heavy, they can stick to the bottom of the pan.
• Dough does not give in? Sculpt khinkali difficult? Get away from the classic form, make ordinary dumplings or small cakes. It is better than to suffer and spoil the products.
• If the corn khinkali remains, you can fry them in a frying pan in butter or bake in the oven with sour cream, cheese, any other additives. It will also be delicious.