The sauce makes the taste of the dish complete - this fact is no secret to anyone. There are even sauces, without which this or that dish is impossible to cook. For example, the famous Provencal Bouillabaisse soup will not be so if you do not use ruy sauce in its preparation. In France, it is served to many fish soups, as well as to other fish and seafood dishes. Its savory garlic flavor perfectly emphasizes the taste of seafood cooked according to any recipe, and the bright orange-brown color makes the dish more appetizing. By the way, “Rui” in translation means “rusty”.
To prepare the Rui sauce, you do not need to have high culinary skills - this recipe may well be mastered by an ordinary hostess, even a beginner. However, the knowledge of some features does not hurt her.
- It is important to know which ingredients in the ruy sauce are mandatory, and which cooks add to your taste. Egg yolks, garlic, olive oil, saffron, hot pepper (chilli or cayenne) are among the necessary components of the Rui sauce. Additionally, it is often added lemon juice, tomato paste, herbs, mustard, ground paprika, orange peel, basil. If you meet any of the additional ingredients in the recipe, you can vary its quantity and, if you wish, eliminate it altogether. You shouldn’t treat the main ingredients so freely - they need to be put exactly as much as indicated in the recipe.
- Eggs in gravy are used raw. For this reason, it is very important to be confident in their quality and to wash them thoroughly before use. Otherwise, the pleasure of using the sauce can turn back later with serious negative consequences.
- Sometimes the sauce needs to be thickened. The French often use bread crumbs or boiled potatoes, mashed to a state of mash, to thicken the ruy sauce.
Whatever recipe you choose for a ruy sauce, you can only serve it to fish - there are no other options for serving this seasoning in French cuisine. Before serving, cool the sauce in the refrigerator.
Classic Rui Recipe
- olive oil - 0, 25 l;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- chilli peppers - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- salt - 5 g;
- ground saffron - 3-4 g.
Method of preparation:
- Peel the garlic, pass the cloves through the hand press.
- Wash and dry the pepper, cut the stem from it.
- Grind the peppers with a blender and put them in mayonnaise.
- Pour salt and ground saffron in a bowl of vegetables.
- Wash eggs, break, separating yolks from proteins. Proteins in this recipe are not used, so that they can be used to prepare other dishes. Place the yolks in the bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir the contents of the bowl and whisk. Beat until necessary, until the contents of the bowl will not look homogeneous in color mass.
- Continuing to whisk the sauce, begin pouring in the oil. It must be introduced very gradually, literally in a spoon, stirring each time until homogeneous.
After all the oil is finished, the sauce will remain poured into a saucepan and cooled. Serve it to fish soups, often with garlic croutons.
Rui Sauce with Tomato Paste
- chicken eggs - 4 pcs .;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- ground saffron - a large pinch;
- tomato paste - 5 ml;
- olive oil - 0, 4 l;
- cayenne pepper - 10 g;
- potatoes - 0, 2 kg;
- salt - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash, dry and bake potatoes in uniform. If this task seems too difficult for you, you can simply boil it without clearing it.
- Peel the garlic cloves, put them in a mortar.
- Add cayenne pepper, ground saffron and salt to garlic. Pound all this with a pestle and put in a bowl.
- Mix in tomato paste.
- Separate yolks from proteins. Use proteins at your discretion. Put the yolks in the bowl with the rest of the products. Beat everything with a whisk or blender.
- Enter vegetable oil in small portions. Beat until smooth.
- Peel the potatoes, mash them to a mash with a fork or masher. Put in the sauce. Beat the blender.
After you have cooled the sauce, it can be served. It has a slightly different shade than the sauce, made according to the classic recipe, and a thicker consistency.
Simple Rui Sauce Recipe
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- mayonnaise - 60 ml;
- tomato paste - 20 ml;
- red ground pepper - 10 g;
- saffron - a pinch.
Method of preparation:
- Chop peeled garlic cloves with a blender or crush with a hand press.
- Mix tomato paste with mayonnaise.
- Combine garlic, tomato mayonnaise paste, red pepper and saffron in one bowl. Beat with a mixer or blender.
- Pour into saucepan and refrigerate.
Despite the fact that according to this recipe, the sauce is prepared very easily, and the recipe itself is quite far from the classic one, it doesn’t taste much different from the traditional Rui sauce. The difference is able to recognize only a true gourmet and a connoisseur of French cuisine. Therefore, if you want to serve fish soup unusually, turning it into a masterpiece and surprising the guests, you can whip up a ruy sauce according to the above recipe - no one will notice that you made it differently than in France.
Rui garlic sauce is able to make any fish dish savory. Most often it is served to fish soups. In this case, they can fill the soup or eat with toast. However, this sauce is also excellent for other fish dishes.