Risotto is a popular Italian dish all over the world, it is made from rice using a special technology, due to which it has a unique taste. When cooking rice is often supplemented with vegetables, which makes the snack even more delicious. Vegetables can be very different. Radish, which is used in Italy no less than in Asian countries, gives a unique note to the dish. Risotto with radish has a fresh aroma, savory taste, gives spring mood. To prepare it, you need a simple set of products, but the cooking process has its own specifics, it takes time and exact adherence to technology.
Not knowing the characteristics of cooking risotto with radishes, the hostess risks getting ordinary rice with the addition of vegetables, which does not resemble the well-known Italian dish with any kind or taste. To this did not happen, it makes sense to learn the advice of experienced chefs.
- Not any rice is suitable for risotto, but only with a high starch content. The best known grade is arborio, but any one with a “for risotto” label is suitable. You can use and Krasnodar round grain rice.
- Do not rinse the rice if you plan to use it for risotto. After washing away the starch from the surface of the grain, you will not be able to obtain the required consistency of the dish.
- When cooking risotto, rice is fried in a pan. Boil it before it is not necessary. After the product has absorbed a sufficient amount of oil, wine is added to it, evaporated, and only then mixed with broth and made ready.
- The broth is injected gradually, in small portions. Only after the rice absorbs it completely, pour in the next batch of liquid.
- Finished rice is considered when the inside is still slightly hard. It can not be digested.
- An important ingredient in risotto is cheese. It is added to the last place, already removing the finished dish from the heat, and stirred. Often together with cheese, butter is added to the risotto.
- Vegetables in risotto can be added at different stages of cooking, it all depends on the chosen recipe. Radishes are most often placed just before removing the rice from the fire, but there are exceptions. Before that, it is cut into thin strips or coarsely rubbed.
To make the risotto with radish look more appetizing, it is advisable to decorate it with circles of fresh vegetables and greens.
A simple recipe for risotto with radish
- rice - 0, 2 kg;
- radishes - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- chicken broth - 1 l;
- butter - 40 g;
- hard cheese - 150 g;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Thoroughly wash the radish, chop it on a grater with large holes or chop finely with a knife.
- On a grater with small holes, chop the cheese.
- Remove the husks from the bulb. Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Melt the butter in a pan, put the onion in it and cook over low heat until it becomes translucent.
- Sprinkle rice. Fry it with onions for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour half a glass of broth, stir. Cook until rice absorbs the broth almost completely.
- Add another half cup of broth. When there is no liquid left in the pan, enter the next batch. Continue topping up the broth until it ends. In total, the preparation should take 15-18 minutes.
- With the last batch of broth, enter the spices, cheese and radish. Stir.
- Add half the cheese, stir again and immediately remove from heat.
The remaining cheese risotto with radish should be sprinkled before serving the dish to the table. The dish gets interesting taste if you use several types of cheese.
Risotto with radish and ham
- rice - 0, 22 kg;
- radishes - 150 g;
- onions - 50 g;
- ham - 100 g;
- olive oil - 40 ml;
- butter - 40 g;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- vegetable or chicken broth - 1 l;
- dry white wine - 120 ml;
- salt, seasonings - to taste.
- Wash radish, cut off the tips. Cut into medium-sized slices.
- Cut ham into strips.
- Onion, peeled, cut into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Put the onion in the butter and fry it until golden.
- Add radishes and ham to onions. Stir. Cook them for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour rice into the pan.
- Fry it for 5 minutes with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour in wine, mix. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in half a cup of broth, when it is absorbed in rice, add the next portion. Continue to add broth parts, waiting for its full absorption until it ends. Season and season with salt when you pour in the last batch of broth.
- Remove the frying pan with risotto from the heat. Sprinkle with finely grated cheese, add slices of butter. Stir and serve immediately.
Risotto with radish, made according to this recipe, turns out to be fragrant, has a refined taste, looks unusual and appetizing.
Risotto with radish will allow you to diversify the daily menu, give fresh dishes to familiar dishes. The appetizer is in keeping with the spirit of Mediterranean cuisine, it is able to surprise the guests and decorate the festive table. Hard to reach ingredients for its preparation is not required.