Exotic fruits have a unique taste, contain many nutrients and can add variety to our diet. Mango is considered one of the most delicious, but many of our compatriots bypass it, and not at all because of the price, but because they do not know how to eat it properly. This fruit is easy to peel and chop, it is suitable for desserts, hot and cold appetizers. After studying the main points associated with the use of mango, you will almost certainly be more likely to include it in the daily and festive menu.
Mango is imported to our country from Thailand, Bangladesh, India, Guatemala, Brazil. The fruit is also known as the Asian apple.
It is shaped like a rugby ball, but not always the correct shape. The color of the skin can be different: from green-yellow to red-orange. It depends not only on the degree of ripeness of the fruit, but on its variety. On a section mango pulp juicy, fibrous, bright yellow or orange color.
In the center of the fruit is quite a large bone. It is not poisonous, but it is usually not eaten, as it is hard and not very tasty.
Mango peel is inedible. It contains a toxic substance that can cause food poisoning and allergies. It is even recommended to work with it with gloves to avoid skin irritation and allergic reactions.
The taste of mango depends on the variety. In some varieties of fruit, the pulp is reminiscent of peach and melon in taste, in others, carrots with lemon, in others, strawberries and pineapple, but regardless of the variety, juniper or conifer notes are caught in the mango flavor.
Unripe fruits have not very good organoleptic qualities, their pulp can be bitter. For eating choose ripe fruit. They can be recognized by specks on the peel, softness with pressure, aroma, which increases closer to the tail. Calorie mango does not exceed 70 kcal, which allows you to include it in the menu, even those who follow a diet. It does not harm the fruit only if it is not in large quantities.
The permissible rate of mango consumption for adults is 300 g. About as much as the average fruit weighs. For children, this rate is lower.
Exotic fruits are not recommended for people who are prone to allergies, children under 5 years of age, nursing mothers and pregnant women. These restrictions apply to mango consumption.
Only mango pulp is eaten. The bone is removed, the peel is cut off with a knife or vegetable peeler. It is advisable to clean the mango last, otherwise the fruit will slide in the hand, making it difficult to chop and remove the stone.
Peel and chop the mango in several ways.
- If you need to get a whole fruit, cut it along. Sometimes on the fruit can be discerned thin strips, as if dividing it in half. In this case, it is best to cut one of them. A knife is inserted into the incision, it is slightly rocked to widen the hole. Then a spoon is inserted into the incision and the bone is removed. If the fruit is ripe, it will not be difficult. Then it remains to cut off the peel with a knife - in the direction from the top down.
- When you need to get the pulp or cut it into cubes, slices, cuts on the fruit are made from two sides, right to the bone, then the halves are disunited. If the bone is across, the halves need to be twisted. After dividing the mango into halves, the stone will be in one of them, it is easily removed with a spoon.
- For slicing mango, sliced peeled halves are cut into several pieces along, then with a knife or spoon, carried along the peel of each slice, thereby separating the flesh from the skin.
- Most often, mango has to be cut into cubes. To do this, along each half make symmetrical cuts, cutting the flesh, but not touching the peel. Then the incisions are made across. After that, the halves are inverted, the cubes are cut with a knife or separated with a spoon.
- Sometimes you want to get the pulp of the mango without cutting it. This can be done with a large spoon or glass, after the fruit is cut into halves and peeled. To clear the fruit from the peel with a knife in this case is not necessary.
The method of cutting and peeling mango is chosen taking into account the form in which it is planned to use. There are several options for the use of this fruit.
- Mango can be eaten in pure form, with a spoon or fork, sticking cubes on it.
- Mango pulp can be crushed to a state of mashed potatoes and included in a smoothie or milk shake.
- Mango pulp and its pieces can be an addition to many desserts: ice cream, curd mass.
- You can make a sauce from mango puree that will be a good addition to meat.
- Mango cubes are often added to fruit salads.
- Mango can be used to make savory salads. This fruit goes well with poultry, seafood, arugula, and many vegetables.
- Mango slices are often put in cottage cheese casseroles, used to make other desserts from various types of dough.
- A chicken, duck or other bird can be baked in the oven along with mango - the dish will acquire a unique taste, very tender and harmonious.
- You can make canapes for a buffet table with slices of mango.
There are a lot of recipes for mango dishes, and not all of them are served for dessert.
Salad with mango and shrimps
- mango - 150 g;
- shrimps cooked and frozen (unpeeled) - 0.5 kg;
- arugula - 100 g;
- mozzarella - 150 g;
- honey - 10 ml;
- mustard - 10 ml;
- lemon juice - 20 ml;
- olive oil - 40 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Boil water. Dip shrimp in it. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5-10 minutes (depending on the size of the shrimp).
- Flip the shrimp into a colander, cool and peel. If shrimps are large, cut them into several parts, small ones should be left intact.
- Cut the mango in half by removing the bone. Pulp cut into cubes, separate them from the rind.
- In a bowl, add mango and shrimp cubes.
- Arugula tear up your hands or cut into large pieces, add to the shrimp and mango.
- Cut the mozzarella into cubes or smash it with your hands, add it to the other ingredients.
- Combine honey, mustard, lemon juice and olive oil in a separate container. Whisk with a whisk.
- Fill the salad with the resulting sauce, put it on a plate or in a vase, serve it to the table.
Salad according to this recipe turns out to be tasty and appetizing, it can become an ornament of a festive table. This appetizer will appeal to gourmets who love to eat well, and supporters of a healthy diet, watching for a figure.
- mango - 0, 2 g;
- banana - 150 g;
- yogurt - 0, 25 l;
- ice (optional) - to taste;
- Mint - for decoration.
Method of preparation:
- Separate the mango pulp, put it in the blender bowl.
- Peel the banana, cut into circles, add to the mango.
- Pour unsweetened yogurt into fruit pulp.
- Turn on the unit and turn the contents of its bowl into a homogeneous mass.
- Add some crushed ice, whisk.
It remains to pour the smoothie into a glass and decorate with a mint leaf.
Milk shake with mango and ice cream
- mango pulp - 0, 2 kg;
- milk - 0, 2-0, 3 l;
- ice cream - 50-100 g;
- sugar - 20 g.
Method of preparation:
- Put the mango pulp in a bowl, add sugar, mash.
- Put the mango puree into the bowl of the blender, add lightly melted ice cream and milk.
- Beat to form a uniform composition.
- Pour into a glass, serve with a straw.
This cocktail will be enjoyed by any sweet tooth. However, those who follow the diet, it is better to abandon it because of its high calorie content.
Mango is one of the sweetest fruits, but has a relatively low energy value. It is used to make desserts and savory dishes. This fruit is tasty both fresh and baked. Before use, it must be cleaned.