Milk shake appeared at the end of the XIX century in England. Then he looked more like egggish legs or even eggnog: it had milk, egg yolk and whiskey. Later, the recipe changed a lot: eggs disappeared from the composition, alcohol was more often replaced with fruit juices and syrups, and ice cream was added to the beverage to make it thick. Gradually, the milkshake acquired a familiar look, and the availability of household appliances made it possible to prepare it at home.
It is believed that a properly made milkshake should be moderately thick, fluffy and tender. You can do it with the addition of fruits and berries, but their presence in the composition is not mandatory. Delicious and airy milkshake can be prepared according to any of the selected recipes, if you know a few moments.
- A lush cocktail is impossible to prepare if there is neither a mixer, nor a blender in the house. If you whisk the products with a whisk, the drink will turn out delicious, but will not have the air consistency of the correct milkshake.
- The less fat the milk is, the easier it will be to whip it into a fluffy foam.
- To make the drink thicker, increase the amount of ice cream or fruit puree in its composition.
- Milk must be cooled before whipping. The optimum temperature is 6 degrees. Some housewives put a bottle of milk in the freezer and hold it until ice crystals begin to form in the milk.
- If you use cocoa, ground chocolate, fruits and berries to make a cocktail, you must grind them separately, you can add a small amount of milk or syrup. Fruits before chopping, clean and use only the pulp. Berry and chocolate mass is filtered or ground through a sieve before combining with the main components, so that they do not make the consistency of the cocktail rough.
- Ice is not added to the milkshake either during preparation or after.
- For decorating a milkshake, they use grated chocolate, nut crumb, berries, and whipped cream. To whip the cream, they must be carefully cooled. You can cook them with both a mixer and an ordinary whisk. The latter option is even preferable, since it eliminates the risk of whipping the cream up to the state of butter.
Serve a milkshake better with a wide straw so that it does not get clogged. It is inconvenient to drink a thick drink through a narrow straw.
Simple Milk Shake Recipe
- creamy ice cream - 120-140 g;
- milk - 0, 5 l.
- Cool the milk very well (up to 6 degrees).
- Cut ice cream into medium sized pieces, put the pieces into the blender bowl.
- Fill with milk.
- Beat at high speed until a thick foam forms.
- Pour into glasses.
Serve the cocktail immediately after preparation, until the foam starts to settle.
Milk shake as in Soviet cafeterias
- nonfat milk (1, 5-2, 5% fat, not more) - 0, 3 l;
- milk ice cream - 50 g;
- non-acidic fruit syrup - 50 ml.
- Put ice-cream in small slices and place in a mixer jar.
- Pour syrup over ice cream.
- Add ice milk.
- Turn on the mixer to maximum power, beat for 30 seconds. If the foam is not tight enough, beat the drink for another 30 seconds.
The taste of this liquid delicacy will be almost the same as that of the milkshake, which was prepared in the cafeterias according to GOST during the Soviet period.
- pasteurized milk - 0.5 l;
- banana (pulp) - 150 g;
- ice cream (ice cream) - 150 g.
- Peel the banana, cut the pulp into pieces, place it in the blender bowl. Add half a cup of chilled milk, chop the banana to a liquid puree.
- Add sliced ice cream to fill in the remaining milk.
- Beat until tender.
The milkshake made according to this recipe is sweet, aromatic and thick. He is fully capable of satisfying hunger. They can replace one of the snacks.
- strawberries - 150 g;
- ice cream - 70 g;
- sugar - 20 g;
- milk - 0, 2 liters.
- Wash berries, let them dry. Each berry cut into 2-4 pieces, depending on its size. Put the strawberry pieces in a blender container. Add a tablespoon of ice milk to them, whisk.
- Strain the strawberry mass through a sieve, return to the blender container.
- Crush sugar with a coffee grinder to a state of powder, add to strawberry sauce.
- Cut the ice cream, put it in the blender container to other ingredients.
- Fill with chilled milk, whisk.
Before serving the edges of the glass in which the drink is served, decorate with “frost” from powdered sugar. You can also decorate the drink with strawberries or whipped cream.
- black currant - 0, 25 kg;
- milk - 0, 5 l;
- coconut milk or low-fat cream - 50 ml.
- Wash the berries by placing them in a colander. Wait until they dry out.
- Pour the currants in a jug of a blender, add coconut milk or cream, previously strongly cooled.
- Grind the contents of the blender bowl to a puree, rub through a sieve.
- Put the berry puree in a blender container, dilute with ice milk.
- Beat for a minute at high speed.
The calorie content of this drink is low, there is no sugar and ice cream in it. Such a cocktail can afford people on a diet, including those suffering from diabetes.
Milk shake for weight loss
- skimmed milk - 0, 25 l;
- vanilla yogurt - 60-75 g;
- fresh peach (pulp) - 50 g;
- ground cinnamon - a pinch.
- Wash the peach, remove the bone from it, remove the skin from the fruit, using a sharp knife or vegetable peeler. Cut the flesh into cubes, place it in the blender bowl.
- Add cinnamon and yogurt.
- Pour in the milk.
- Beat until smooth.
Thanks to cinnamon, which speeds up metabolism, and a relatively small caloric content, the cocktail prepared according to this recipe will contribute to weight loss if you replace them with more caloric snacks. The effect will be even more noticeable if the peaches in the drink are replaced by pineapple, but always fresh: canned fruits are too sweet and high-calorie.
Milky Pumpkin Cocktail
- pumpkin pulp - 120 g;
- sugar - 5 g;
- milk - 0, 3 kg;
- ice cream - 70 g;
- cream - 20 ml;
- vanillin - on the tip of a knife;
- cinnamon - at the tip of a knife.
- Cut the pumpkin into thin slices, sprinkle with sugar and bake until soft, cool. Put in a bowl blender, add cream, whisk until mashed. If there is no time for baking fresh pumpkin, you can take ready pumpkin puree, intended for baby food.
- Remove the ice cream from the refrigerator so that it melts slightly. When it becomes soft, put it in a container with pumpkin puree.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon, cover with cold milk and whisk until tender foam appears.
Pumpkin is a useful product, but not all children eat it with pleasure. They almost certainly won't refuse a pumpkin milkshake. If the pumpkin puree in the composition of this drink is replaced by carrot, you get another tasty and healthy version of a milkshake.
- chocolate ice cream - 70 g;
- sugar - 20 g;
- milk - 0, 25 l;
- cocoa powder - 5 g;
- dark chocolate - 20 g.
- Cocoa mix with sugar, add milk, whisk together. Place on the stove and bring to a boil over low heat. Cool to room temperature, strain and clean for 15-20 minutes in the freezer.
- Cut the ice cream into slices, place in the mixer bowl.
- Pour in chilled cocoa.
- Beat until frothy, pour into a glass.
- Grind bitter chocolate on a grater, sprinkle the drink with chocolate chips.
Chocolate milkshake has a unique taste, quite unlike ordinary or fruity. Almost in any company there is a person who prefers this particular variant of the popular drink.
Milk shake with brandy
- cooked and chilled cocoa (sweet) - 0, 2 l;
- milk - 0, 2 l;
- ice cream - 30 g;
- cream cheese - 30 g;
- espresso - 50 ml;
- cognac - 20 ml.
- Strain chilled coffee and cocoa, pour into the mixer bowl.
- Add ice cream, brandy and milk.
- Cool the cheese in the freezer, rub it, decorate it with a drink when serving to the table.
The taste of this drink is slightly reminiscent of the popular tiramisu dessert. Children should not offer it, but adults will almost certainly like this cocktail.
Milkshakes can be very different, so that almost everyone can find their version of the drink. If the house has a blender or mixer, you can handle the preparation of a popular liquid dessert quickly and effortlessly.