In his homeland, this salad is not considered to be anything special, because it is prepared from those products that are common in Mediterranean cuisine - cheese, olives, fresh vegetables.
For us, the taste of Greek salad is a bit unusual, because salted cheese, like olives, is a whole new product, which appeared in mass sale not so long ago. Therefore, on our table Greek salad is an exclusive and festive dish, probably, until we get used to its taste just as we used to own salads.
Therefore, let us enjoy the moment and enjoy the tasty guest, preparing him not only on holidays, but also without a special occasion.
- tomatoes (pink) - 4 pcs .;
- sweet pepper - 2 pcs .;
- white cheese (feta) - 250 g;
- olives - 200 g.
How to cook a Greek salad with cheese
1. Prepare the vegetables. Wash them under running water, dry.
2. Cut the pepper into the same large cubes.
3. We select a suitable salad bowl, transfer the chopped peppers and olives into it. Do not forget to drain the water from the jar, which contains olives, so that it does not get into the salad. Olives can not be cut - so they look appetizing.
4. We cut tomatoes into large cubes.
5. Cut the cheese, the size of the cubes should be about the same.
6. We will send tomatoes and cheese in a salad bowl to the other vegetables.
7. Fill the salad with olive oil, salt and mix gently.
8. We decompose into portion salad bowls. Decorate with a sprig of dill.