Do not look at capelin with disdain, considering it food suitable only for cats. Nutritionists advise to include it in the diet of those who are predisposed to cardiovascular disease, for the prevention of dementia. It is rich in phosphorus and potassium, polyunsaturated fatty acids. With proper preparation, this fish will turn into a tasty and healthy dish. When frying in a pan, the fish turns out to be appetizing, but harmful and high-calorie. Capelin roasted in the oven is not less tasty, but much more useful. This method of preparation should be chosen by those who want to not only have a satisfying meal, but also to preserve health, not to gain extra weight.
In order to cook delicious and healthy dish in capelin in the oven, you do not need to be a professional cook. It is enough to know a few important points and take them into account.
- Inspect capelin carefully before purchasing. If there are signs that it has already been defrosted and frozen again (water, snow in the package, violation of the integrity of the fish), then it is better to refuse such a purchase. Preference is better to give a strong and smooth capelin medium size.
- It is desirable to thaw a capelin without a sharp temperature difference. Ideally, it should be thawed in the refrigerator.
- Capelin is rather fat in itself, a lot of oil is not required for its frying in the oven. It is enough to brush a baking sheet or form with vegetable oil using a cooking brush or to lay a special silicone baking pad on them.
- To obtain a crisp crust before frying, it is recommended to brevel the capelin in flour or bread crumbs; in addition, you can smear it with an egg. If you want her to remain tender, it is better to fry it in foil.
- You can fry a capelin whole, just by washing and drying it with a towel. However, if you intend to offer a dish to guests or prepare it for a festive family dinner, it is better to spend time trying to separate the fish head from the fish, clean the capelin inside by removing the insides and removing the dark film. A dish of peeled capelin is much more pleasant.
- Before cooking, capelin can be marinated by sprinkling with lemon juice, rubbed with herbs. In this case, it will get tastier and more aromatic.
- Usually it takes 20 minutes or a little more to fry capelin in the oven. Need to focus on the appearance of the fish. Once it is browned, it can be removed from the oven and served to the table.
The capelin baked in the oven looks appetizing, tasty. There are several recipes for its preparation, you can choose the option that is right for you.
A simple recipe for roasted capelin
- capelin - 1 kg;
- salt, spices - to taste;
- flour - as required;
- vegetable oil (optional) - 20 ml.
- Wash capelin well. Blot with a tissue to keep the fish dry.
- Sift flour, mix it with salt, black pepper, other spices and herbs to taste. Well suited thyme, rosemary, parsley, lemon zest.
- Dip the fish in flour and place on a greased baking sheet. If you use a silicone pad, you can do without oil.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees, put a pan with fish in it.
- Roast capelin at a temperature of 180-200 degrees for 20-25 minutes. If you want to crust it on both sides, after 10-15 minutes after the start of cooking, you need to be careful not to damage it, turn it over.
The capelin prepared according to a simple recipe will appeal not only to supporters of healthy food, but also to beer lovers: it goes well with a foamy drink as a snack.
Capelin Fried in Egg
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- capelin - 1 kg;
- water - 20 ml;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- flour - as needed;
- salt, spices for fish - to taste.
- Salt mix with seasoning.
- Add eggs and water (you can take it even less than what is indicated in the recipe). Beat well with a whisk - the mixture should turn white.
- Prepare capelin by washing and towel drying. If you clean it - well, no - the big trouble will not happen.
- Pour the scrambled eggs to the capelin, leaving about a third of the composition.
- Stir until the egg mixture covers all the fish.
- Dip the capelin on both sides in flour and place on a baking sheet.
- Place in an oven preheated to 180-190 degrees.
- After 20 minutes, remove the fish and cover with the remaining egg mixture.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes.
A capelin, fried in an egg, is laid, divided into pieces, like a casserole. If she turns out to be cleaned, eating her will be more pleasant.
Capelin roasted in the oven with herbs and cheese
- Capelin peeled - 0.5 kg;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- olive oil - 40 ml;
- wine vinegar (6%) - 20 ml;
- tarragon (fresh) - 20 g;
- rosemary - 1 sprig;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- tomato - 150 g;
- balsamic vinegar - 5 ml;
- sugar - 5 g;
- Provence herbs (dried) - 20 g;
- parsley - 25 g;
- dill greens - 25 g;
- almonds (peeled) - 20 g;
- hot peppers (optional) - 10 g;
- cheese - 50 g;
- salt - to taste.
- Clean the capelin, rinse, dry with napkins.
- In a bowl, mix sugar, wine vinegar, olive oil, tarragon, Provencal herbs.
- Crush garlic with a special press, put half in a bowl with the prepared ingredients.
- Add olive oil, mix.
- If you want to get a sharper dish, add chopped peppers into the marinade.
- Marinate capelin in this mixture, leaving it in it for half an hour.
- Chop fresh greens with a knife.
- Crush or chop almonds.
- Grind grated cheese with small holes.
- Squeeze juice out of lemon.
- Break the egg, separating the white from the yolk.
- Whip the protein with lemon juice and salt, add the remaining garlic.
- Cut the tomato into small pieces.
- Put the pickled capelin in the form. Spread tomato slices between the fish. Pour everything with a mixture of lemon juice and protein. Sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Send the fish form to the oven warmed to 190 degrees.
- After 10 minutes, sprinkle with grated cheese, after another 10 minutes - chopped greens. After that, continue frying capelin for another 10 minutes. The total cooking time will be half an hour.
A dish cooked in the oven from capelin according to this recipe is worthy of even a festive table. Guests will certainly appreciate this unusual snack, suitable for wine and beer. The knowledge of this recipe will help to save the family budget.
Capelin roasted in the oven with potatoes
- capelin - 0, 5 kg;
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- mayonnaise or sour cream - 100 ml;
- fresh greens - 50 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil - as required.
- Rinse the fish, dry it with napkins.
- Lubricate the form with a thin layer of oil.
- Lay the capelin so that it completely covers the bottom.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into bars like french fries.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, cut into thin half-rings.
- Pepper, salt capelin, cover it with a layer of onion.
- Place potatoes in a bowl, add salt, pepper, chopped greens, sour cream or mayonnaise. Stir.
- Put the potatoes on the fish.
- Place the form with the dish in an oven preheated to 180 degrees and cook for 60 minutes.
With sour cream the dish will be healthier, with mayonnaise - tastier. Garnish to the dish is not required.
The recipes for cooking capelin in the oven are varied, for some of them you can fry this inexpensive fish even for a festive table.