For lovers of all kinds of cabbage dishes, I offer a win-win option - cabbage stewed with mushrooms in the oven. Of course, you can put out the cabbage in the pan, but because of the strong absorption of the oil, the finished dish turns out to be too fat or stick. As an option - fry a little in the pan, so that the cabbage “caramelized”, and then send to reach the oven. It turns out very tasty snack.
List of ingredients:
- 1/2 medium head of cabbage,
- 1 large onion,
- 150 g of champignons,
- cooking oil (5-6 tbsp. L.),
- 1, 5 tsp. salt,
- 0, 5 tsp. black ground pepper,
- 200 ml of broth,
- 1, 5 tbsp. l tomato paste
- 2-3 bay leaves.
1. Take an average head of cabbage, rinse it under the tap and shake off excess water. Finely chop a half of the head of cabbage, discard the stalk. If the cabbage is too hard, you can slightly crush it with your hands.
2. Medium-sized onion, chop finely, wash mushrooms and cut into medium pieces. The recipe uses mushrooms.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Transfer the cabbage to the frying pan and fry it over low heat.
4. Do not forget to constantly stir the cabbage, as it absorbs vegetable oil well and can quickly start to burn, salting in the process of mixing. After 7-10 minutes, it will become caramel.
5. Pour the cabbage into a baking dish, which is pre-greased with butter or vegetable oil. Put sliced champignons with onions on top - they also need to be salted.
6. Mix the meat or vegetable broth with the tomato paste; if there is no broth, plain water will do. Fill the cabbage with mushrooms with tomato sauce, put a few bay leaves.
7. Finished cabbage with mushrooms can be served immediately, as a separate dish or as an addition to a side dish, meat or fish. Before serving, you can decorate with a sprig of fresh parsley.