Potatoes, chicken and mushrooms - a classic trio in Russian cuisine. These ingredients complement each other perfectly. A potato stewed with mushrooms and chicken is cooked fairly quickly and simply, but the requirements of any gourmet will be satisfied. This dish can be very different in taste - the organoleptic qualities depend on the method of preparation of the dish and on the set of components that complement the main ingredients.
Despite the simplicity of preparation, you can spoil this dish too. For inexperienced culinary specialists, it may come out dry or, on the contrary, resemble a shapeless little appetizing mass. Knowing a few moments will save you from mistakes and allow you to get the expected result even in the absence of culinary experience.
- Potatoes can be extinguished with various mushrooms, including forest mushrooms. The latter will make the food more fragrant, but most of the forest mushrooms require preliminary preparation: thorough cleaning, prolonged soaking, boiling. One can do without these complicated manipulations only with the use of ceps, chanterelles, oyster mushrooms and champignons. Therefore, for the preparation of dishes most often use them.
- Not only fresh mushrooms are suitable, but also frozen, dried, and also canned. Salted and pickled mushrooms before stewing, washed and let them dry. Dried mushrooms must be soaked to the original volume, filled with cool water and left for a couple of hours. Frozen mushrooms can most often be used without even letting them thaw, since they are usually frozen with already prepared and cut pieces. If the mushrooms are large, but frozen entirely, they should be allowed to thaw in natural conditions, without subjecting to a sharp temperature drop, and then grind according to the instructions in the recipe.
- Chicken meat when stewing with potatoes and mushrooms will be more juicy and tender if it has not previously been subjected to freezing. If the poultry meat has been frozen, it is placed on the lower shelf of the refrigerator and waited for it to thaw. Then it will not lose juiciness.
- Not only chicken fillets can be cooked with potatoes and mushrooms, but also the legs, but this will take more time.
- If the chicken is stewed in large chunks, the potatoes should also be cut into large pieces, otherwise by the time the chicken is ready, it will turn into porridge. When stewing chicken fillet, cut into medium-sized cubes, potatoes should be cut into chunks of medium size, otherwise it will not have time to soften.
- If vegetables, mushrooms and chicken are fried before stewing, the dish of them will turn out to be more tasty, but also more nutritious.
- Often other foods include potatoes, chicken and mushrooms, such as different kinds of cabbage, eggplants, tomatoes, and zucchini. The more you take juicy vegetables, the less it will take to extinguish water or broth, sometimes you can even do without adding liquid. However, in most cases, you want to add or sauce, or broth, or at least purified water.
Potatoes stewed with mushrooms and chicken, suitable not only for everyday table. If this dish is cooked delicious, then it will not be a shame to offer guests.
Potatoes Stewed with Chicken and Mushrooms
- chicken - 0, 7 kg (poltushki);
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- champignons - 0, 4 kg;
- refined vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- boiled water - 0, 25 l;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Wash half of the chicken carcass, pat dry with a towel. Cut into portions.
- Rub chicken pieces with spices and salt. Leave for half an hour.
- Wash mushrooms and blot with a napkin. Cut each into 2-4 pieces depending on its size. Very small copies can be left whole.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into large pieces (approximately 2 cm or even a little more). If the potatoes are young, the tubers can not be cut or divided with a knife into 2 parts.
- Scrape carrots, wash, dry with a kitchen towel. Coarsely rub.
- Free the onions from the husk, cut into small cubes.
- Pour oil on the bottom of a cauldron or a thick-walled pan with a non-stick coating, put onions and carrots in it, and lightly brown them.
- Put the chicken in the pan. On medium heat, fry its pieces until golden brown.
- Add potatoes and mushrooms. Pour in a glass of water.
- Reduce the intensity of the flame, cover the cauldron with a lid and simmer the food for 40 minutes. So that they do not burn, be sure to monitor the water level and, if necessary, pour it.
- Add garlic, salt and spices passed through a press, mix the contents of the cauldron. Sweat potatoes with chicken and mushrooms for another 5 minutes.
Laying out the dish on plates, try to make each one approximately like an equal piece of chicken.
Potato stewed with chicken and potted mushrooms
- chicken meat - 0, 5 kg;
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- mushrooms - 0.5 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- fresh parsley - 25 g;
- chicken broth - 0, 3 l;
- mayonnaise - 120 ml;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- refined vegetable oil - how much will go;
- turmeric - a pinch;
- salt - to taste.
- Wash the chicken. Any part of the bird can be used for this dish, but the chicken leg is best suited.
- Cut off the meat from the bones, without peeling off the skin, so that the food comes out more juicy.
- In mayonnaise add turmeric and garlic passed through a press, put the sauce into the chicken pieces, mix with your hands.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into medium-sized bars.
- Prepare the mushrooms according to their category. Cut into small pieces.
- Peel and chop the bulbs into thin half rings.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, put the onion in the pan, lightly brown it. Add the mushrooms and fry them until the excess moisture evaporates.
- Grease the pots with oil, spread half the potatoes, then half the mushrooms, then half the chicken. Repeat layers.
- Pour 50-80 ml of broth or boiled water into each pot. Cover the pots with lids.
- Put the pots in the oven, turn it on. Cook the food for an hour at a temperature of 180-200 degrees.
- 10 minutes before cooking, remove the lids from the pots, pour in each a little grated cheese and chopped parsley.
A dish prepared according to this recipe is served directly in the pots in which it was stewed. Pre-pot should be allowed to cool slightly so that no one burns about them.
Potatoes, chicken and mushrooms stewed in a slow cooker
- chicken fillet - 0, 4 kg;
- fresh champignons - 0, 4 kg;
- potatoes - 0, 8 kg;
- onions - 150 g;
- carrots - 150 g;
- tomato juice - 0, 25 l;
- sour cream - 100 ml;
- refined vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- salt, seasonings - to taste.
- Chicken fillet cut into cubes of about 1.5 cm.
- Cut the peeled potatoes in about the same size.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin plates.
- Peel carrots and onions. Carrot rub, onion cut into small cubes.
- Mix tomato juice with sour cream, salt and spices.
- Pour oil into the bowl of the multicooker, put onions and carrots in it. Turn on the “Frying” or “Baking” program.
- Add chicken in 5 minutes. Fry it with vegetables in the same mode for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and potatoes. Stir. Continue to cook, without changing the program, for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce, change the program to “Quenching”. Set the timer for half an hour.
After a specified time, the food can be laid out on plates and invite the household to the table.
Putting out potatoes with mushrooms and chicken is not difficult; even an aspiring cook will cope with this if he is familiar with the peculiarities of the technological process. There are many recipes for this dish, there are among them options suitable for a festive table.