Potted mushrooms - general principles and methods of cooking
The original Russian method of cooking - in pots, has not lost popularity today. True, instead of a stove oven is used, which, however, does not spoil the taste of the dish.
It is simple and quick to cook in pots: it is enough to put fried or boiled to readiness products that are combined with each other in a pot, pour them with sauce and put in a stew. Those who adhere to the diet, to the mushrooms need to add only vegetables, abandoning meat and sour cream sauces.
Potted Mushrooms - Food Preparation
Mushrooms for cooking in pots are prepared the same way as for other dishes. In particular, they are washed and cut into pieces - usually medium-sized. Cutting mushrooms too small is not worth it - then they are “lost” among other products in the pot.
Potted Mushrooms - Cooking
It is best to use clay pots with thick walls. Such evenly and slowly heat up, gradually giving off heat by products. Therefore, the food in clay pots turns out to be stewed, and also saves useful substances. It is worth noting that products cooked in a pot acquire an exquisite taste and incomparable softness. Everything is in the old Russian cuisine.
The size of the used pots depends on the preferences of the hostess - it can be one big pot and several small (portion). But in the oven they should be put only cold, otherwise cracks may appear.
Potted Mushrooms - Best Recipes
Recipe 1: Roast in a Pot with Mushrooms and Chicken
Description: A variation of roast with mushrooms and chicken in a clay pot always turns out very tasty. Mushrooms can be used any: not only fresh, but also pickled or salted. If you use fresh mushrooms, it is better to use sour cream and gravy. If the mushrooms are salty, then tomato dressing is more suitable.
Ingredients (3 pots):
200 grams of mushrooms, champignons,
6 pieces of chicken thighs,
2 pieces of onions,
2 medium sized carrots
3 medium sized potatoes
3 large cloves of garlic,
7 sprigs of dill
3-4 tablespoons of cream for each pot, a teaspoon of spice for chicken,
half a spoon of dried basil,
half a spoonful of freshly ground pepper mix,
tablespoon of refined olive oil,
1. Chicken thighs should be rubbed with spices, and then left for 15-20 minutes to marinate.
2. During this time, you need to prepare mushrooms and vegetables. Peel the potatoes and cut into medium-sized bars, cut the onion into half rings, and grate the carrots on a coarse grater.
3. Washed mushrooms should be cut into 4-6 pieces. Dip tomatoes in boiling water for a couple of minutes, then put them in cold water and remove the skin. Tomatoes need to be cut into small pieces, sprinkle with basil and salt, leave to infuse.
4. Fry the chicken in hot oil for 5 minutes on both sides. Then at the bottom of the pots put a piece of meat without skin. Put potatoes on top and lightly salt them.
5. Fry carrots and onions in a pan. And put the carrot-onion mixture on the potatoes in pots. Top put another piece of meat.
6. In a frying pan until golden brown, fry the mushrooms. To mushrooms did not give the juice, they should be salted at the end of roasting. They also need to pepper with a mixture of peppers. Then put the mushrooms in the next layer in the pot and tightly tamp it with a spoon.
7. Finally, lay out a layer of tomatoes, close the pots with a lid, and then put them in a cold oven.
8. Having set the temperature to 210 ° C you need to leave the pots in the oven for half an hour. They evenly warm up and will give the heat to the products. But then the temperature needs to be reduced to 170 ° C - and then cook so hot for another 20-30 minutes.
9. In the meantime, crush the garlic cloves, chop the fennel and warm the cream.
10. When half an hour has passed the pots should be taken out of the oven, put in each garlic, dill and pour all this cream. Protom the pots in the oven for another 10 minutes. After that, turn off the oven, but leave the roast to stand there for another half an hour.
Recipe 2: Potted Mushrooms
Description: The basis of this dish is exclusively mushrooms, which can be taken both fresh and canned. But it is desirable to give preference to the first.
500 grams of champignons,
400 grams of sour cream,
100 grams of cheese
salt, greens, pepper.
Preparation: 1. In a frying pan over low heat, you must fry the mushrooms. When they begin to brown, add chopped onions.
2. Grate the cheese and add it to the pan to the mushrooms and onions. Literally in a couple of minutes, put sour cream and a tablespoon of flour. Mix everything thoroughly.
3. When the cheese is slightly melted, the contents of the pan should be distributed in pots, and then sprinkle with chopped greens on top.
4. Pots must be put in the oven for about a quarter of an hour.
Recipe 3: Potatoes with Mushrooms in a Pot
Description: This dish is prepared quickly and easily. A delicious taste and aroma will not leave anyone indifferent. Serve potatoes with mushrooms on weekdays or on a festive table.
200 grams of champignon or 2 large boletus,
300 grams of potatoes
2 pieces of onions,
200 grams of sour cream,
salt, vegetable oil,
1. Mushrooms should be cleaned and cut into small pieces. Peeled onions - chop.
2. Heat oil in a pan, in which the mushrooms are fried for about 10 minutes. Then add onions and another 10 minutes to fry them together. And lightly salt.
3. Peeled potatoes should be boiled until half cooked in salted water.
4. Put chopped potatoes into a clay pot, then a layer of mushrooms, then a few tablespoons of sour cream, put the potatoes back and sprinkle with sour cream.
5. In each pot you need to pour 2 tablespoons of water, close them with lids and put in the oven. Until the potato is completely cooked, the dish is baked for 30-40 minutes.
Potted Mushrooms - useful tips from experienced chefs
You can make mushrooms in a pot more tender with the help of sour-cream sauces. To overdo it with the sauce will not work - after dashing, the mushrooms acquire an incomparable flavor.
You can also make mushrooms more succulent in this way. Before cooking, put the pot for 15 minutes in cold water. Porous walls are saturated with moisture. And while cooking in the oven, this moisture will make the products in the pot more juicy.