Braised cabbage is a dish that everyone knows. It itself is easy to prepare, but it can be simplified if you use the slow cooker. Miracle helper will prevent burning, eliminate the need to constantly stir the dish. On how to put out cabbage in a slow cooker?
Braised cabbage in a slow cooker - general principles
Cabbage for quenching chopped straws, you can use a special knife or grater. Then the vegetable is put into the slow cooker on its own or with other ingredients, add a little liquid, turn on the “Quenching” mode and bring to readiness.
What is put in the cabbage:
• meat, sausage, offal;
• different vegetables;
• tomato paste, ketchup;
• spices, greens.
But this is the easiest option. Much tastier and more aromatic is the dish with the preliminary roasting of selected ingredients. Usually these are meat products, onions and carrots, but cabbage can also be lightly fried before stewing. To do this, use the mode "Baking" or "Frying", add a little oil in the bowl.
How to stew cabbage in a slow cooker with carrots and onions
A simple and easy way to extinguish cabbage in a slow cooker. In addition to vegetables and spices, nothing is added to it.
• 1 kg of cabbage;
• 0.15 kg of onions;
• 0.15 kg of carrots;
• 3 spoons of butter;
• 2 tomatoes;
1. Chop the carrot into chunks, cut the onion into pieces.
2. We throw the vegetables into the slow cooker, pour in the oil and fry slightly, so that the taste of the finished dish is richer. We use the modes of frying or baking.
3. Add the shredded cabbage, close the slow cooker and fry another 20 minutes on the same program, periodically stir.
4. Rub the tomatoes, pour to the cabbage.
5. We throw pepper, we salt and well we stir. Put a bay leaf on top.
6. Close, set the extinguishing program and bring to readiness. Young and juicy cabbage is enough 15 minutes. If the vegetable is not so soft, then cook further. Periodically check.
How to stew cabbage in a slow cooker with meat
For such a dish, you can take any meat, only the cooking time will change. If beef is used, then it is advisable to pre-extinguish the product under the lid for about an hour until practically ready.
• 0.5 kg of meat;
• 0.1 kg of onions;
• 1 kg of cabbage;
• 0.1 kg carrot;
• 50 ml of oil;
• 2 spoons of tomato paste;
• 100 ml of water.
1. We cut the washed meat in strips or in small cubes. Throw a multicooker, pour in a spoonful of butter and cook in baking mode under the lid for about twenty minutes. If you use beef, then you can pour a little water and put out.
2. Open, add onions with carrots, pour in the rest of the oil and fry the vegetables along with the meat.
3. Shred cabbage, mnem a little hands, so that it is slightly moistened, lost volume. We shift to the slow cooker.
4. Fry with vegetables and meat for another quarter of an hour, stirring regularly.
5. We part tomato paste in water which goes according to the recipe. Pour into the slow cooker.
6. Close, set the mode “Quenching” prepare 30 minutes.
7. Open, add salt to the cabbage, throw any spices. Cooking for another fifteen minutes.
How to extinguish sauerkraut in a slow cooker
Sauerkraut stew - a dish with a very bright and pronounced taste. It can be served with mashed potatoes, with buckwheat, used as a filling for pies. How to put out such cabbage in a slow cooker?
• 40 ml of sunflower oil;
• 2-3 onions;
• 0.1 kg of cabbage;
• 1 tsp. dry dill.
1. If the cabbage is very sour, then pour it with cold water and leave for ten minutes, all the excess will come out. If the taste is normal, then simply squeeze the excess brine.
2. Luka is better to add more will be tastier. Cut into cubes or straws.
3. Put a slow cooker on a baking program, pour in sunflower oil and add onions. Fry until transparent pieces.
4. Add cabbage, stir and close the lid. Cook for another half an hour, every 10 minutes, it is desirable to stir. 5. Pour half a glass of boiling water, you can throw a spoonful of pasta into it, rearrange the quenching mode, forget about the cabbage for half an hour.
6. Open, pour dry dill. Instead, you can throw a pinch of seeds. Stir.
7. Insist. Salt and other spices usually do not require a dish, but if necessary, you can always add them.
How to extinguish cabbage in a slow cooker with mushrooms
Another version of lean stewed cabbage, which turns out amazingly tasty and fragrant. Mushrooms are fresh. But if non-greenhouse species are used, then it is advisable to boil them for half an hour in salted boiling water and only after that use according to the recipe.
• 0.3 kg of mushrooms;
• 0.1 kg of cabbage;
• 0.2 kg of onions;
• 0.2 kg carrot;
• 70 ml of oil;
• seasonings, garlic, greens;
• 2 tomatoes or a pasta spoon.
1. Wash the mushrooms, cut into pieces.
2. Pour half of the oil into the slow cooker, heat it up on frying mode, throw mushrooms and cook until the water evaporates.
3. As soon as the mushrooms begin to “squash” and fry, add chopped onions to them, add the rest of the oil.
4. After another five minutes, throw in the grated carrot, but you can stew the cabbage just with onions and mushrooms. Fry on.
5. Shred cabbage, mnem hands and shift to the mushrooms with vegetables. Stir, close, set the mode “Quenching”, prepare for half an hour.
6. Now it's a line of tomatoes. Cut in half, take a grater and rub the pulp into a puree. Skins throw away. Instead of fresh tomatoes, you can dilute a spoonful of tomato paste in 150 ml of water.
7. Pour the tomato mass into the slow cooker. Immediately salt the dish, stir.
8. Close again and continue to simmer another twenty minutes. At the end under the cover throws chopped garlic, greens.
How to stew cabbage in a slow cooker with potatoes
Everybody loves stewed potatoes with cabbage, but how to cook it? This dish is characterized by the addition of a large amount of water. You can take some broth, including mushroom. If you want to get thick cabbage, you can reduce the amount of liquid by 50%. Ingredients
• 6 potatoes;
• kilogram of cabbage;
• water 1.5 cups;
• spoon of pasta;
• onions and carrots;
• some oil, fat.
1. Cut the onion head (you can take more) rub large carrots and place the vegetables in the multicooker container. Pour in the oil immediately.
2. Put the "Baking", prepare for eight minutes.
3. While the vegetables are roasting, peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces. Shred cabbage.
4. Throw everything together in a slow cooker, add prescription water or broth. It is advisable to inject hot liquid in order not to provoke a temperature drop.
5. Close and prepare for the same program for half an hour.
6. Open, enter the tomato paste, now you can salt the dish, throw other spices.
7. Stir and cook for another half hour.
How to put out cabbage in a slow cooker with sausages
Recipe for stewed cabbage in a slow cooker for those who do not want to deal with meat or simply do not have it. Instead of sausages, you can take sausage or sausages.
• 0.2 kg sausages;
• 0.7 kg of cabbage;
• 4 spoons of ketchup;
• 100 ml of water.
1. Half rings shred bow. Fry in oil for five minutes. The program "Baking" is suitable.
2. Add the carrot, and after a couple of minutes, the shredded cabbage. Fry until reduced.
3. As soon as the dish becomes denser, scatter sausages on top, cut into pieces.
4. Fill the prescription water, close and cook for half an hour on the mode “Quenching”.
5. Open, add ketchup and salt. Adjika or tomato paste is suitable instead of ketchup, but in this case you can add some spices.
6. Thoroughly stir everything, close and continue to simmer another ten minutes. But we focus on the readiness of their cabbage. If the vegetable is hard, you can always increase the cooking time.
How to extinguish cabbage in a slow cooker with chicken ventricles
Another way to put out cabbage in a slow cooker is tasty and economical. Chicken ventricles will be needed.
Ingredients • cabbage 1.5 kg;
• 0.5 kg of ventricles;
• 1 sweet pepper;
• garlic 2-3 cloves;
• 60 ml of oil;
• A pair of onion heads.
1. We wash the chicken stomachs, view. If necessary, scrape off the remnants of the film. Cut into pieces and throw in a slow cooker with oil.
2. Close, simmer for half an hour. We do not pour in any liquid.
3. We open, we evaporate the remains of moisture, we add the cut onions, we put the Frying mode and we fry a little.
4. Next, throw the shredded cabbage, continue to fry for another ten minutes.
5. As soon as the mass has settled, pour in half a cup of water, add chopped sweet pepper and close the slow cooker.
6. We return again to the “Quenching” mode and prepare for half an hour.
7. Open, throw spices, garlic, to taste, you can add tomato paste or ketchup, at the same stage salt.
8. Close, leave the cabbage to cook for another 15 minutes, the program does not change. At the very end of the stew, stir well again.
Braised Cabbage in a Multicooker - Tips and Tricks
• The cabbage will be stewed for a very long time and will remain tough if you immediately add a tomato, regardless of whether it is ketchup, tomato or pasta. Therefore, to shorten the process, the vegetable is stewed first, without spices and additional additives, and only in the second part of the preparation or at the very end all this is thrown.
• It is better to immediately remove the thick ribs of the cabbage during cutting. Otherwise, the delicate leaves will fall apart, and these will remain firm for a long time.
• Cabbage will be more tasty if you add a little vinegar and a spoon of sugar at the end of cooking.