Chuck-chuck is a real hill! This is a very tasty Tatar dessert, which resembles a handful of golden nuts. Each piece of crisp dough is “dressed” in a honey shirt. The dessert is really delicious, fragrant and beautiful. It is beautifully stored for several days, but tastes best fresh.
Here are the best step-by-step recipes for chak-chak with photos and the most detailed descriptions of the stages of preparation.
Chuck-Chuck - General Cooking Principles
The dough for Eastern sweets is always prepared on eggs, it is the main ingredient. Sugar is not added to it, as is additional fat, but alcohol is often present. This may be brandy, vodka or another drink with a strength of at least 40 degrees. Due to its addition, small balls, of which the dessert itself consists, turn out crispy, porous. But sometimes other versions of the test are used, for example, in milk. This can also be done, especially if there is no vodka. The dough is kneaded rather steep; balls, straws or sticks are made from it.
How to make dough for chak-chuck:
1. With rolling. A piece of dough is rolled out with a rolling pin into the layer, noodles are cut. Then it is cut across into small pieces or chopsticks, depending on the desired shape.
2. Of flagella. The dough is divided into several parts and from small pieces roll long sausages, well, or flagella. As in the first embodiment, they are cut across the pieces of the desired shape and size.
3. Balls. You can pinch off small pieces, roll balls with your palms. But this method is rarely used, as it is quite laborious, takes a lot of time.
Preparing chak-chak is always deep-fried. No need to save oil on it, the pieces of dough should float freely. It is convenient to use for frying not a frying pan, but a stewpan, it is even better to take a cauldron. Since its walls are thick, the heat will be distributed evenly. Fried dough blanks are combined with syrup. It is made from honey and granulated sugar. The ingredients simply warm up, boil for a long time does not need anything, but the sugar must completely dissolve. Balls or sticks in the glaze laid out a slide on a plate.
Classic Tatar chak-chak: a step-by-step recipe with photos (on cognac)
In this step-by-step recipe with a photo, chak-chak is prepared with the addition of brandy. But you can also use regular vodka or even moonshine. It is desirable to knead the dough in advance so that it has time to rest.
• 500 grams of flour;
• five eggs;
• spoon of brandy;
• 1.5 glasses of any honey;
• 70 grams of granulated sugar;
• 600-700 ml of refined oil.
1. We take a bowl that is convenient for kneading dough, break eggs into it, immediately add brandy. Whip a couple of minutes until homogeneous.
2. Flour must be sieved, otherwise lumps may form in the egg mass. Fall asleep, but not all. First, 2/3 of the total mass is enough; we start kneading the dough in a bowl, then we shift it onto a floured table. Add flour until the dough becomes a pleasant texture. From above it will be a little rough, not smooth, this is normal.
3. Give the dough to lie on the table. Cover with a piece of film or just turn over a bowl in which it is kneaded.
4. Pour the oil for frying in a convenient dish. Prepare a skimmer, spread on a baking sheet or just on the tabletop paper, take out the fried things better on it, then shift it into a bowl.
5. We get the egg dough. Roll out the cake from it, cut into long noodles, a width of not more than five millimeters, it is better to make smaller. Cut into pieces. Or form flagella, you can roll the balls. The above described in detail the features of these methods of formation.
6. Heat fryers, but not to smoke. To begin with, drop one piece of dough into the butter to check the temperature. If bubbles appear around it, the balloon will inflate and begin to redden, then you can start frying. But it is necessary to get this piece so that it does not burn. 7. We throw a handful of cooked deep-fried balls, fry until golden brown. You do not need to achieve a golden crust, it can spoil the taste of chak-chak. The base should have a golden wheat shade.
8. Take out the skimmer balls, shaking off excess oil.
9. Throw a new batch, prepare the chak-chuck until the dough is over.
10. Put the honey in a saucepan, add sugar to it, put it on the stove and melt it. Sometimes they are heated in a water bath. But it's easier to do it on the stove, there is no particular difference. After dissolving, remove the honey mixture from the fire.
11. Now you need to cover the balls with cooked syrup. Either we moisten each one, or pour honey all over the bowl in a bowl, the whole mass, stir.
12. We put honey honeycomb chak-hill on a plate. Let the dessert stand for a bit so that it “grabs”. When serving, dessert is cut, but can be served and separated with a fork.
Nut Chak-Chuck: A Step-by-Step Recipe with Photos
Step-by-step recipe with a photo of a nut chak-chuck. This dessert will be different unusual flavor. Walnuts are best used, they are ideally combined with honey. Here are given the proportions for the preparation of a small dessert, if necessary, the number of products should be proportionally increased.
• 150 g of flour;
• 2 eggs;
• 1 tbsp. l vodka;
• 3 tbsp. l honey;
• 2 tbsp. l Sahara;
• 60 g of nuts;
• a pinch of salt;
• oil for deep fat.
1. Break a pair of eggs in a bowl, add a small pinch of salt, shake until homogeneous, inject vodka, stir and pour the sifted flour. Knead elastic dough.
2. Give the dough to lie down while we make the nuts. Pour them on a dry frying pan, fry to enhance the taste, remove excess moisture. Optionally, you can use peanuts, hazelnuts, but walnut gives the strongest flavor.
3. Cool peanuts cool. Kernels can be left large or chopped as you like. Grinding into fine crumb is not recommended, it will stick unevenly, spoil the look of the dessert. 4. We return to the test. Cut it into elongated pieces. Then from each roll out thin and long flagella, cut across small balls or strips of 1-2 centimeters. You can form the workpiece in another way, as described above.
5. We heat up in a high bowl of deep-fried fryers, throw the dough pieces, fry them in portions until golden brown.
6. Honey with sugar combine, melt until a homogeneous syrup.
7. Pour the roasted dough into a convenient mixing dish, add roasted nuts first, then pour the warm honey syrup.
8. Stir, slide on a plate.
9. You can collect this chak-chak in layers, laying nuts. Or sprinkle them with a finished slide, but immediately after assembly, so that all the pieces are stuck. For reliability, you can additionally press with your hands.
Chuck-chak: Step-by-step recipe (without vodka)
In this step-by-step recipe with photo chak-chak is prepared from another test. It is distinguished by the absence of vodka. Milk can be used any whole, condensed milk will not work. Butter can be replaced with margarine.
• 5 eggs;
• 0.5 cups of milk;
• 1 tbsp. l butter;
• a glass of sugar;
• a glass of honey;
• 5-6 Art. sifted flour;
• 0.3 tsp. fine salt;
• 500-700 g of oil for deep-frying.
1. Shake eggs, add milk at room temperature, salt and add melted or well-softened butter. Stir well.
2. Add the sifted flour, knead the stiff dough, remove it to lie in the bag so that the mass goes limp, it becomes more pliable and easy to use.
3. While it is possible to pour oil for deep-frying, combine honey with sugar, but not melt, it is better to do this before assembling the dessert.
4. We take out the dough from the bag, make balls or small sticks out of it, as you prefer.
5. Heat the oil, pour in a small portion, fry until golden brown. Take out a slotted spoon.
6. Fry all the dough that is left. 7. Put melted honey and granulated sugar on the stove. Heat the mixture over low heat to dissolve all the grains of sugar.
8. Pour the fried pieces of dough into a large bowl, pour the honey syrup, mix.
9. Lay the dessert on a plate, pressing the pieces tightly so that there are as few voids as possible inside.
Chuck-chuck - Tips and Tricks
• To reduce the caloric content of chak-chak even a little, you need to remove excess oil. For this, pieces of dough after frying should be immediately laid out on paper napkins or on towels, with the balls covered with them from above, press down a little. Paper will quickly absorb excess fat.
• Chuck-chuck can be cooked not only with nuts. Very tasty are the options with poppy seeds, raisins, and other dried fruits. But first they need to be washed, dried, if necessary cut into small pieces. If you want to cook a bright dessert for children, you can add candied fruits or chopped marmalade, small sweets.
• It is not necessary to lay out a big honey hill. You can make a lot of small desserts. If the delicacy is prepared for someone and requires transportation, then it is convenient to lay it out in silicone molds. From them it is easy to take out the chak-chak at the right time, put it on a dish or plate.
• Chak-chak is not always cooked with honey, as it is a rather allergenic product, moreover, it is expensive. You can replace it with a concentrated sugar syrup, that is, undercooked caramel.