Properly cooked fish is not only healthy, but also very tasty, juicy and flavorful.
Do not forget that it must necessarily be included in the human diet, cook it at least twice a week.
Cod meat contains many beneficial microelements: vitamins (A, D, B, B12, C), iodine, calcium, phosphorus, omega-3 fatty acids and much more.
In addition, this fish is perfect for a diet table, its caloric content is only about 80 kcal per 100 grams.
Cod fillets in the oven - general principles of cooking
To cod fillet cooked in the oven, turned out delicious, choose the fish correctly. It is worth paying attention to such important points:
• When buying a whole bird, look at the gills and eyes. Eyes should be bulging, not dull. Gills - not damaged.
• When purchasing a carcass without a head, be sure to look at the cut, the color should be natural pinkish-beige, without a yellow tint, the meat itself should not be loose.
• Smell the fish, the aroma should be characteristic of the fish, without additional strong odors.
• The belly of the fish should not be damaged and torn.
• When buying frozen cod fillets, make sure that the frosting is shiny and transparent. Snow should not be. If the fillet is in the package, the bag must be whole, not torn.
Cod fillets can be prepared with a wide variety of dishes; fish are both fried and boiled and steamed. But the most juicy and delicious fish is baked in the oven.
You can cook such a whole fillet, and cut into pieces and grind in a meat grinder. Cod fillets spread on a baking sheet or in the form or raw, or pre-pickled or fried. It all depends on the availability of additional ingredients.
As a supplement, use vegetables: onions, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, cauliflower, as well as cheeses, spices, sauces. Cream, sour cream, browned vegetables, tomatoes or tomato paste will add juiciness to the fish. If you decide not to put any additional products, wrap the cod fillets in foil or put them in a baking sleeve.
First recipe: Cod fillet in the oven in lemon juice and mustard
• four fillets;
• a teaspoon of mustard;
• a tablespoon of lemon juice;
• dill leaves, salt;
• vegetable oil.
1. Wash the cod fillet, put it on a paper towel, dry it.
2. Mix lemon juice with salt, sprinkle the fish with this mixture. Leave to pickle for 10-15 minutes.
3. Marinated fillet rubbed with mustard, sprinkle with finely chopped dill.
4. Cut the foil into four squares so that you can wrap the prepared fillet in them.
5. Lubricate the foil with vegetable oil, lay out each fillet in a separate square, carefully wrap so that there are no holes left.
6. Cooking, putting fish on a baking sheet, in a preheated oven (170-180 degrees) for 40 minutes.
Second recipe: Cod fillet with cheese in the oven
• half a kilo of fish
• 70 grams of cheese;
• 50 ml of vegetable oil;
• 50 grams of mayonnaise;
• salt pepper.
1. First of all prepare the fish: wash it, dry it. Cut the fillet into two or three parts.
2. Salt and pepper each cod piece, let the fish soak for 15-20 minutes with spices.
3. While the fish is marinating, we prepare a cheese batter: we rub the cheese on the shallow side of the grater, mix it with mayonnaise and an egg.
4. Pour the flour into the bowl.
5. Pour the oil into the baking dish, put it in the oven, heat it to 180 degrees.
6. Carefully remove the form with the heated butter, lay out the fish in an even row, dipping it first in the flour, then in the cheese batter.
7. Bake 10 minutes at the same temperature.
Third recipe: Cod fillet in the oven with vegetables
• kg of cod fillet;
• three large tomatoes;
• Bell pepper;
• three cloves of garlic;
• parsley leaves;
• 80 ml of olive oil;
• half a lemon; • oregano, salt, pepper.
1. Cut the washed and dried fish into small pieces about 5 centimeters wide.
2. Peel and chop garlic in a garlic press.
3. Mix in a large bowl olive oil, salt, ground pepper, chopped garlic, lemon juice and oregano.
4. Put the fish in the marinade, leave it for an hour soak in oil and spices.
5. While the cod is marinating, we clean all the vegetables.
6. Cut the peppers into cubes, onion with the thinnest half rings, tomatoes in small pieces.
7. Put all the vegetables in a bowl, mix them with salt and pepper.
8. Lubricate the baking sheet with oil, spread vegetables on the bottom, evenly distribute them around the perimeter.
9. Top carefully lay out cod.
10. Cook for 40 minutes in an oven preheated to 185 degrees.
Recipe Four: Cod fillet in cream sauce in the oven
• 600 grams of cod;
• onion, carrot;
• 60 ml of vegetable oil;
• three tablespoons of flour;
• 100 ml of water;
• 160 g sour cream;
1. Cod wash and dry. Cut into large cubes, rub with salt.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in the pan, fry the fish, first roll each piece in flour for 2-3 minutes from all sides, stirring continuously.
3. We shift the fried fish in the plate.
4. Peel and chop the onions and carrots: onions - quarters into rings, carrots - with the finest straw.
5. Fry both ingredients in another pan in vegetable oil until softened. Vegetables should not overcook, except to get a nice golden color.
6. We spread the fillet in the form, on top we lay out the browned vegetables.
7. Fill cod fillet with sour cream sauce, making it from water, sour cream, salt, chopped dill.
8. Bake cod fillets in the oven at 160 degrees 10 minutes.
Recipe Five: Cod fillet casserole in the oven
• kilogram of potatoes;
• 600 grams of cod fillet;
• two bulbs;
• 100 grams of mayonnaise;
• salt, vegetable oil;
• dried basil.
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into 5 mm thick slices.
2. Put the potatoes in a saucepan, pour boiling water on it, boil on low heat for about 10-12 minutes, and put it in a colander. If the variety is boiling soft - cook for no more than 7 minutes.
3. Cod fillet is thawed and cut into pieces of 2 centimeters wide.
4. Fold the fish in a bowl, sprinkle with salt, pepper, mix with mayonnaise. Leave for 10 minutes.
5. Peel the onion and cut it into half rings, fry it until golden brown and soften completely on hot oil in a frying pan.
6. Turn on the oven 180 degrees. Lubricate the form of butter.
7. Spread half the potatoes, salt.
8. The next layer put the fried onions, then the fish in mayonnaise.
9. The last layer lay out the remnants of potatoes, salt, grease with mayonnaise.
10. We put the form on the middle grid, prepare 40 minutes.
11. Before serving, decorate with greens.
Recipe Six: Cod fillets in pita in the oven
• one thin pita;
• four cod fillets;
• two eggs;
• 30 grams of sour cream;
• vegetable oil;
• 80 grams of cheese;
1. Fry the finely chopped onion in vegetable oil.
2. We wash the fillet and cut it into 3 longitudinal parts (thin strips) of the same width.
3. Mix eggs in a bowl with sour cream and salt.
4. We rub cheese on the smallest grater.
5. Cut thin pita bread into squares, the number is the same as cod strips.
6. We warm the oven to 180 degrees.
7. We take silicone molds, lining them with baking paper.
8. We place in the form of squares of pita.
9. Fold each strip of cod with a handlebar and place it in an improvised basket.
10. Put in each basket one tablespoon of cream-egg mixture. 11. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
12. Bake for 20 minutes.
Recipe Seven: Cod fillet and cauliflower casserole in the oven
• kg of cod fillet;
• 800 grams of cauliflower;
• two carrots;
• three onions;
• two tomatoes;
• 160 ml of milk;
• 220 grams of cheese;
• salt, spices, oil for roasting.
1. Turn on the oven at 180 degrees, while we are engaged in food, it just warms up.
2. Rub the cleaned carrot on the coarse side of the grater, chop the onion into small cubes. Fry both vegetables in hot oil until soft and have a nice golden color.
3. We spread passerovku even layer on the bottom of the heat-resistant form.
4. Top lay the cod fillet, cut it into small strips.
5. Salt, add spices and salt to taste. Expose in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Cut the inflorescences from the head of cauliflower, put them in boiling water for 5-7 minutes.
7. Remove the finished cabbage from the pan with a slotted spoon, slightly cool and chop.
8. Mix an egg with milk in a bowl, add salt and pepper.
9. Rinse the tomatoes, wipe with a towel and cut into large cubes.
10. We take the form out of the oven, spread cauliflower over the fish, pour all the milk-egg mixture.
11. Spread out the cubes of tomatoes, sprinkle with grated cheese.
12. Bake until golden one more 25 minutes.
Cod fillet in the oven - tips
• Guided by these recipes, you can bake not only cod fillets, but also any other fish in the oven. In addition, you can use not only fillets, but also a whole carcass, only in this case, the cooking time should often be slightly increased.
• If you decide to add potatoes to the cod, do not forget to first put it to heat treatment (boil or fry). The fact is that fish is cooked very quickly, and raw potatoes can be under-cooked.
• To give the dish a special aroma and taste, pickle cod before cooking. It can be just salt with pepper, lemon juice, favorite spices and spices. Just do not put a lot, the taste of fish is very gentle, and the extra spices just kill him. • To prevent the flat from filling with the specific smell of fish when baking, sprinkle with lemon juice before cooking the fillet.
• If you use sour cream or cream sauce for baking, make sure that the temperature does not exceed 160 degrees. Boiling such sauces is not desirable.
• You do not know how to wash the fishy smell of dishes used in baking? Use lemon juice or vinegar. And it's better to cover the form with foil right away.
• You can get rid of the smell of fish on your hands by rubbing them with coffee grounds or lemon, orange peel.
• Use the form to size, by the number of ingredients. If the dishes are full, the dish will be tender and juicy, half dry. Or cover the products with foil.
• Bake fish just before the meal. Hot and just from the “oven” it is more fragrant and tasty. Lying down fish, unfortunately, loses these qualities.