Pork soup is a dish from the category of those where flavor and taste are created by the main product. The recipes almost do not mention the seasonings and spices, and if they are still required, they put them just a little so as not to destroy the delicate flavor of the pork broth.
Pork and Potato Soup - General Cooking Principles
• Meat broth is prepared from almost any piece of meat, but the soup will be more rich if you use not only the pulp, but also the bones. Everyone knows how to boil broth, but not everyone knows how to do it correctly so that it turns out to be transparent and rich.
• Before cooking, a slice of the selected pork is thoroughly washed under cold water. The meat is well inspected, so that it does not contain fragments of bones and accidentally falling during the cutting of wood chips. Then the whole piece of pork is dipped into the pan and poured with cool water. On an intense heat, bring the contents of the pan to a boil. While the broth begins to boil, it requires constant observation, since foam is constantly forming on the surface, which needs to be removed. If you miss this moment, the “var” will mix with the broth, and it will become cloudy.
• After boiling, reduce heat, cover the pan with a lid and prepare the time indicated in the recipe. The duration of cooking depends on which piece of meat is cooked, with or without stones.
• Potatoes are added to the broth after it is cooked. For soup, potatoes are usually cut into small cubes or thin cubes. Dip the vegetable pieces into a well-boiling broth, after which they wait until they boil again and, after reducing the heat, boil until softened.
• Pork and potato soups can be supplemented with vegetables, legumes, cereals, sorrel, cabbage. Additional components are introduced in a specific sequence, which depends on the preparation time of each product. Often they are prepared separately, and then dipped into the soup. Salt at the end of cooking, when all the vegetables are already softened.
Pork soup with potatoes, beans and sauerkraut
• pork belly - 200 gr .;
• 400 gr. bones for broth (pork);
• sauerkraut - 300 gr.;
• five small potatoes;
• colored or white beans - 100 gr .;
• a tablespoon of lard (it is possible vegetable oil);
• Lavrushka - a small piece;
• two tablespoons of flour;
• Curry and ground pepper.
1. Soak the washed beans for four hours in cool water. Rinse the bacon with the bones, and boil the broth out of two and a half liters of water. Remove bones and brisket from it, slightly cool the meat and cut into slices of portion size. Put the pork back in the pan, do not put the bones.
2. Separately, boil the beans and cabbage until cooked. Cut the potatoes into small cubes and dip into boiling broth.
3. As soon as the potato pieces are cooked, add mashed boiled beans and cabbage pieces to the soup.
4. Chop small onions lightly fry on Smaltse, add flour and stir. Put the roast in the saucepan with the soup, salt it, add the spices, put the lavrushka. Boil the soup over moderate heat for about a quarter of an hour.
Pork Soup with Potatoes: Zaporozhian skewer recipe
• pork on the bone - 400 gr .;
• 600 gr. white sauerkraut;
• four medium potatoes;
• large carrot;
• sprig of parsley with a root;
• two large spoons of millet;
• celery root;
• two small bulbs;
• parsnip root - 1 pc .;
• 40 gr. thick cream, home;
• fresh fat - 50 gr .;
• Lavrushka leaf.
1. Put the washed meat in a solid piece in a saucepan, pour two liters of water and place on a “fast” fire. In the process of boiling, remove the foam from the surface of the broth, after boiling, lower the heating to the average level and continue cooking for about an hour.
2. Remove the meat from the pan, cut it into pieces and send back to the broth 3. Shred the roots in straws and fry them in butter together with carrots chopped on a grater and chopped onions.
4. Squeeze the pickle from the sauerkraut, transfer it to the pan. Add the meat broth and put the stew on a small fire.
5. Add the second, finely crumbled onion to the minced meat in a meat grinder. Put the washed and slightly dried millet, and chopped parsley. Grind in a porcelain mortar until smooth.
6. In the finished broth, lower the potato sticks, boil it for about a quarter of an hour after boiling. Then put the cabbage, chopped with millet and green fat. Then put the bay leaf there, lightly salt it, put the fried vegetables and cook until done. Sliced potatoes should soften well.
“Minestrone” - an aromatic pork soup with potatoes, tomatoes and green peas
• a pound of pork on the bone;
• stem celery - 1 pc .;
• two carrots;
• three large potatoes;
• fresh tomatoes - 3 pcs .;
• 150 gr. colored canned beans;
• two sweet peppers;
• canned brain peas - 150 gr .;
• two bulbs;
• ground basil;
• high-quality olive oil.
1. Pour the washed pork with two liters of clean water. Put the pot on intense heat, wait for boiling. Remove the foam from the broth, reduce the heat to medium, continue cooking under the lid for at least an hour.
2. Remove the pork from the broth, cut the meat separated from the bones into pieces, put it back into the broth. Add potatoes, cut into centimeter cubes, wait for re-boiling and boil for five minutes.
3. Spray the shredded onions with a little olive oil until transparent together with finely chopped garlic (2 teeth). Pour into a frying pan, cut carrots into thin ringlets, slices of bell pepper and slices of tomato flesh. Simmer everything together, stirring occasionally, for about seven minutes. 4. Dip the stewed vegetables in the broth to the potatoes, mix. Add canned beans and green peas together with the pickle from the jar, add salt, cook the soup for five minutes. Then season with basil, put a little ground pepper, add salt and, boiling, set aside from the heat.
Vegetable pork soup with potatoes
• pork neck or bone meat - 700 gr.;
• 400 gr. potatoes;
• two sweet Bulgarian perchins;
• four small fresh tomatoes;
• large onion;
• two medium carrots;
• non-aromatic oil.
1. Cut the flesh of the peppers into thin pieces or straws. Scald the tomatoes with boiling water, carefully peel off the fruit, and mash the flesh with the pulp.
2. Into the tomato mass add crushed garlic teeth, stir and set aside to get it.
3. Shred one onion small. Wash the meat with cold water and cut into three-centimeter cubes. Cut potato tubers into cubes or cubes.
4. Pour some vegetable oil into a saucepan with a multi-layered bottom or kettle, heat it over low heat and lower the onion. Save it to softness, add the pork pieces and lightly fry. Sprinkle pepper over the meat and immediately lower the potato pieces. Pour in the tomato-garlic dressing, add a little water and leave the stew, without removing the lid, for about an hour.
5. Season the contents of the pan with spices and salt, dilute with boiled water to the desired consistency and bring the soup to a low heat until ready.
“Spring” - pork soup with potatoes and sorrel
• half a kilo of pork ribs;
• 600 gr. potatoes;
• carrots - 1 pc .;
• 300 gr. sorrel;
• tablespoon flour;
• four hard-boiled eggs;
• three spoons of homemade butter;
• two and a half liters of water;
• two spoons of finely chopped dill.
1. Put the ribs washed with cold water into the pan. Top up with water and, putting on an intense fire, wait for boiling. Then remove the foam from the surface and, reducing the heat, boil the broth. Remove the ribs, remove the meat from them and put it back in the pan. 2. Spread the carrots grated in large chips together with onions in butter. In a separate pan, fry the flour and add it to the roasted vegetables, mix. Top up with three spoons of broth and stir again so that no lumps remain.
3. In boiling broth, lower the potatoes, cut into thin sticks, after boiling, reduce the heat to medium and boil the soup for 15 minutes. Add the vegetables, which have been sprinkled and mixed with flour, lower the sorrel, cut into thin strips, and salt them. Cook the soup until the potato pieces are tender. At the end add the finely chopped eggs, bring to a boil and set aside from the stove.
Recipe for Tomato Pork and Potato Soup - “Swabian”
• pork pulp - 500 gr .;
• two thirds of a glass of barley;
• 250 gr. fresh mushrooms;
• two small potatoes;
• small vermicelli - 2 tbsp. l .;
• average carrot;
• a spoon of tomato paste;
• a little celery root;
• medium-sized onion head;
• hot pepper.
1. At night, fill the barley with cold water, then rinse well and boil until ready.
2. Wash the pork, dry with a towel. Peel and rinse all vegetables with water.
3. In a thick-walled saucepan, heat a couple of tablespoons of butter and place the pork pieces. Stir the meat well on all sides.
4. Pour the boiled water (2.5 liters) on the fried pork pieces and cook, regularly removing the foam, until softened.
5. While the broth will boil, prepare the vegetables. Chop the onion, chop the celery root and carrots with a thin short straw.
6. In a pan in vegetable oil, fry the onion slices until light transparency, add celery with carrots, continue to fry until the pieces of newly added vegetables are soft.
7. Add the finely chopped mushrooms and continue frying until all of the pan liquid evaporates. Then put the tomato paste, stirring, warm the roast for about a minute and remove from heat. 8. Dip the potatoes cut into cubes in the ready broth, boil for eight minutes after boiling, add boiled pearl barley, lower the pasta. Add tomato roast with Lavrushka and boil the soup over low heat for no more than five minutes.
9. In the finished soup, add chopped garlic and, after waiting for about ten minutes, take out the honeycomb. When serving each portion of soup, sprinkle with finely chopped greens.
Pork and Potato Soup - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• The cloudy broth will become lighter if it is well cooled, and then, carefully draining, strain through a sieve. Mixed foam with him, in the process of cooling will settle at the bottom of the pan.
• It is recommended to soak overly sour sauerkraut lightly with cold water before using, then rinse.
• If sauerkraut is added to the soup, boil it separately or drop it into the broth when the potatoes are almost ready. Acid can slow down the cooking process, and the potato, even with long-term cooking will remain raw.