Dumplings with cottage cheese - general principles of cooking
Vareniki is a dish of Ukrainian national cuisine known all over the world, derived from dumplings, which is loved by everyone, both adults and children. Dumplings are good in their versatility. They can be made from unleavened dough with any filling - fruit, vegetable, meat, and made both sweet and salty.
Dumplings with cottage cheese are good because this dish is eaten with pleasure even by those who, in their pure form, don’t like cottage cheese very much. Cottage cheese is a very useful product, especially for children, because it contains a lot of protein and the correct proportions of fats and carbohydrates. Cottage cheese is desirable several times a week, for breakfast or lunch. But in order to use this dish to be more pleasant and tastier, make delicious dumplings, ordinary or lazy. Dumplings with cottage cheese can be prepared both in a sweet form, and in the form of a main dish.
Dumplings with curd - preparation of products and dishes
It is believed that the dumplings are easy to do. This is true, but as in the preparation of any dish, there are also subtleties here.
In order to dumplings turned out delicious, it is recommended to use fresh home-made cottage cheese of average fat content. To prevent the cottage cheese from melting inside the dumpling during cooking, do not put a lot of sugar in the filling, but you can add chopped greens or green onions. If you use fat cottage cheese, then squeeze it thoroughly before you start cooking and add egg yolk to it.
An important point for delicious dumplings is a strong dough shell (so that the filling does not fall out during cooking), and at the same time gentle and airy. Follow the recipes for making dough, described below, and the dumplings you get just perfect!
Dumplings with cottage cheese can be cooked both steamed and in the traditional way, boiling flour products in a saucepan with water. If you decide to cook the dumplings on a pair, then there is no need to use a double boiler - pull on a saucepan half full of water, gauze and place on the surface of the dumplings. Cover the saucepan with the lid and let the dumplings cook for 5 to 7 minutes. If you are cooking dumplings in a pan, then let it be wide enough.
Dumplings with curd recipes:
Recipe 1: Dumplings with cottage cheese with greens (savory)
Dumplings with cottage cheese, cooked according to this recipe, can be served with sour cream and sprinkled with chopped greens. This dish is delicious and satisfying, serve it best for dinner.
Dough for cooking dumplings
- Flour 1 glass
- Water 1 cup
- Sunflower oil 2 tablespoons
- Soda 1/2 tsp
For the filling
- Cottage cheese 250 grams
- Chicken Egg 1 piece
- Knead dough for dumplings with cottage cheese. To do this, mix the flour, sifted through a sieve, soda and salt in a deep dish. Heat a glass of water, bring to a boil, add vegetable oil to the water, and then pour the mixture into the flour. There is an opinion that the dough for dumplings should be kneaded in cold, icy water, but this is just one of the most well-known methods. Stir first with a spoon until the mixture is hot, and then, when it is cold, stir the dough with your hands until soft, elastic consistency.
- Sprinkle a clean layer of flour over the clean surface of the table and roll the dough into a layer about 2-2.5 centimeters with a rolling pin. Cup make circles from dough. Dumplings from this dough will turn out very tasty, even if the dough is thick.
- Prepare the filling. Wash greens, dry with paper towels and cut as small as possible. Beat in the cottage cheese egg, add salt, dill and mix.
- Put a spoonful of cottage cheese filling in the middle of a circle of dough and connect the edges of the dumpling. Try to close the edges as tightly as possible so that the dumpling does not fall apart during cooking.
- The water in the saucepan, where the dumplings will boil, bring to a boil and add salt. Put the dumplings in the saucepan and as soon as they pop up, cook for about 3-4 minutes.
Recipe 2: Dessert Dumplings with Cottage Cheese
This recipe for sweet dumplings will delight kids who are not indifferent to desserts. Do not put a lot of sugar in the filling, otherwise it will melt in boiling water, and the dumpling will fall apart. Serve them chilled, watering with sour cream and sprinkling with powdered sugar. It would also be appropriate to add jam, jam, condensed milk to the dumplings. In the stuffing for such dumplings you can also add raisins, sliced dried apricots or candied fruits.
- Cottage cheese 250 grams
- Chicken Egg 1 piece
- Sift the flour onto a clean tabletop and place it in a slide. With your hands, make a well in the flour and add sugar, a little salt and one egg, then pour in water (it is better to heat the water a little). Mix well with your hands and, making a lump of dough, set it aside for half an hour.
- In the cottage cheese, beat in a chicken egg, add a little sugar, vanilla, mix.
- As soon as the dough is infused, roll it with a rolling pin on a clean, floured table. Make a thin layer and with the help of glass cut circles for future dumplings.
- In the middle of each mug spoon lay out the curd filling. Connect the edges of the dumplings with wet hands.
- Put a saucepan in which you will cook the dumplings, with water on the fire. As soon as the water in the pan boil, put the boiled dumplings there. As soon as they emerge, boil the dumplings for a couple of minutes, reach out with a slotted spoon and serve.
Recipe 3: Lazy dumplings with curd
Many people remember lazy dumplings from the time of kindergarten, where they were especially tasty. It is very simple to cook such dumplings, because the name speaks for itself. In fact, this dish does not look like real dumplings, but resembles the recipe for kneading dough. These dumplings do not exactly fall apart and just get.
- Cottage cheese homemade 400 grams low-fat
- Egg yolk 4 pieces
- Butter 50 grams
- Cottage cheese should be passed through a blender or a sieve, if it is coarse-grained. In fact, this can not be done, but the smaller the grains of cottage cheese are, the more tender the lazy dumplings will turn out.
- Melt the butter.
- Beat in egg yolks to the curd, add sugar and salt, pour in melted butter, stir.
- Sift the flour through a sieve and add a thin stream to the curd, stir well.
If you use a fat cottage cheese that is more moist than low-fat, then add more flour.
Make a sausage from the obtained dough and cut it into “dumplings” with a knife - you have to get free dumplings. After that, boil them in boiling water for about 5-7 minutes until cooked and, catching a slotted spoon, serve to the table.
Recipe 4: Lazy dumplings with cottage cheese and semolina
It is quite possible to combine the useful properties of semolina and cottage cheese in a dish called “lazy dumplings”. It is best to take low-fat cottage cheese or containing a small percentage of fat. But if you have in stock only fat cottage cheese, then decoys should be put a little more, 2-3 tablespoons. Note that flour is not needed for this recipe.
- Cottage cheese 300 grams low-fat
- Semolina 5 tablespoons
- Chicken Egg 2 pieces
- Cottage cheese needs to be rubbed through a sieve or ground in a blender. This step is not mandatory, but the dish will be much more gentle and airy.
- Beat the egg with sugar, vanilla and salt with a mixer or in a blender bowl, add cottage cheese and semolina, mix again and leave for fifteen minutes to make the semolina swollen. It is impossible to make a “sausage” from such a “dough” and cut it into pieces, because the dumplings will be formed with a spoon.
- Put a pan with water in which you will cook the dumplings on the stove, bring the water to a boil. Spoon the curd mass in boiling water and boil the “dumplings” for about 5 minutes. Remove the dumplings with a skimmer and place on a plate. Serve, watering with jam or condensed milk.
Dumplings with curd - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
- Whether you get dumplings with cottage cheese or not depends a lot on cottage cheese. If the curd is fat or crumbly, then add more semolina or egg yolk for bonding. But it's best to use low-fat cottage cheese, ground through a sieve or blender. Remove all liquid from the curd, squeeze it well, and then mix it with the yolks.
- One of the secret secrets of delicious dumplings is sifted flour. This component of the test is screened not for cleansing debris, but for oxygenation.
- If you cook ordinary dumplings, do not put a lot of sugar. Sugar melts in hot water and thereby melts the dough. It is better to sprinkle sugar ready meal.
- Lazy dumplings with cottage cheese will be especially tasty if cooked in a slow cooker. If you have this wonderful machine, then select the “Steam” mode. Thus prepared dumplings will not lose their shape and will not fall apart.
- Dough for dumplings should not be rolled out very thinly, otherwise the dumplings will not work. The optimum thickness is 1.5 - 2 centimeters. When the dough is ready, set it aside from the hot plate.
- It is best to cook the dumplings in a wide, not deep container in a large amount of slightly salted water (1 teaspoon of salt per 1 liter of water).
- To prevent the dumplings from sticking together, brush them with sunflower oil or butter as soon as you get them out of the pan.