Crucians are common everywhere, but only the Russian national cuisine is decorated with a wonderful selection of crucian dishes in sour cream.
Gradually, this miracle spread to our closest neighbors.
The small fish is fried and poured with sour cream in Turkey, stewed in pots with sour cream in Romania.
Even in Austria crucians, stuffed with sliced vegetables, are fried and, watered with sour cream, are served at the festive table.
Crucian carp in sour cream - general principles of cooking
• Crucian carp - fish is inexpensive and widespread, it is easy to choose it for our purposes. A live fish will do without a special inspection, if the fish do not move - open the gill cover. If a bright pink color prevails inside - the fish is fresh. Also inspect the scales, if it is not damaged, it is more likely that the fish is good.
• Clean the crucian carrot gently, the fish is tenacious and you can easily get hurt if it starts to flutter in your hands. Be sure to remove the gills, you can completely with his head. Crucians in sour cream is better to cook without fins, cut them off before cleaning the scales. Gutted fish must be washed with running water, remove all films from the abdomen.
• Crucian carp meat. Make a few cross-cuts on the fish to the ridge, not more than a centimeter apart from each other, during frying the bones will be cooked.
• Salt and spices are rubbed, including from the inside of the abdomen.
• Fish “loves” salt and boiling oil. Unless otherwise specified in the recipe, try to fry quickly, at maximum heat. A little salting, given the tenderness of sour cream sauce, will not be noticeable in the finished dish.
• Sour cream it is preferable to take non-greasy, it is better to soak the fish, and oily will allow to “fix” the over-dried, or too lean fish.
• Crucians in sour cream are served cold and hot, you can serve it right in the dishes in which they are cooked. To decorate dishes using large greens, lemon slices.
Baked crucian in cream
In order to cook a tasty crucian carp in sour cream according to this recipe, it is best to take a small-sized fish, Karasiki is the size and smaller than palm of hands.
• one kilogram of fish;
• medium bulb;
• half a lemon;
• 250 ml of sour cream;
• 120 ml low-fat cream.
1. Dry the prepared fish well with a disposable towel from all sides and on each carcass using a sharp knife, across the notches. The distance between the notches should be no more than half a centimeter.
2. Squeeze the juice out of half a lemon, sprinkle the fish well with it, cover the bowl with a lid or towel and leave for twenty minutes.
3. Remove the fish, dry it with a towel and rub it with spices and salt, it is best to use a mixture of salt and black pepper.
4. In a frying pan with a thick bottom pour vegetable oil, its depth should be no more than half a centimeter. Put the pan on medium heat.
5. Put the fish in the hot butter and fry on both sides until golden brown.
6. Cut onions thinly and place to sauté over medium heat to an amber shade.
7. Put the onion in the baking dish or another suitable dish, and place the fried carp on top.
8. In a small container, stir the sour cream with cream, if the sauce is too thick, add more cream. Pour fish with sour cream sauce and bake in the oven for half an hour at 180 degrees.
9. Serve, decorated with greens.
Crucian carp in sour cream in Turkish
• half a kilo of fish;
• half a cup of low-fat cream;
• 60 grams of wheat flour;
• a small clove of garlic;
• 200 grams of roasted walnut kernels;
• three eggs;
• parsley, cilantro, fresh greens in half a medium bunch;
• 400 grams of sour cream.
1. In a small deep plate whip the egg with a whisk.
2. Chop the walnut kernels with a knife and crush the garlic in a mortar. 3. Cut the processed fish into small portions. Dip each piece in an egg, roll in flour from all sides and fry in hot oil in a frying pan.
4. For the sauce, mix the cream and sour cream in a separate container, add chopped garlic, nuts, salt and pepper and mix all the ingredients of the sauce well.
5. Put the fried pieces of fish on a serving dish, pour with sour cream sauce and garnish with sprigs of washed and dried greens.
Crucian carp in sour cream, cooked in pots
• kilogram of fish;
• one glass of sour cream;
• hard cheese;
• half a kilogram of white onion;
• one egg;
• 200 grams of butter.
1. Cut the fish into small portions and chop the onion.
2. At the bottom of each pot, place a small piece of natural butter and one tablespoon of sour cream.
3. Each fish slice rub with a mixture of ground black pepper with salt, and put in each pot a few pieces, and place onion half rings.
4. Rub the cheese with a coarse grater, and melt the remaining butter in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove and cool.
5. Mix melted butter, sour cream, breadcrumbs, grated cheese and fill the resulting mixture with the contents of the pots.
6. Add to each pot a pair of spoons of hot boiled water and cover with lids, place in the oven.
7. Cook for about half an hour.
Crucian carp baked in sour cream with mushrooms
• two small bulbs;
• two large crucians;
• 320 grams of sour cream;
• spicy cheese, hard - 150 grams;
• 25 grams of wheat flour;
• two tablespoons of breadcrumbs;
• 250 grams of young champignons;
• one hundred milliliters of refined oil.
1. Finely chop the onion, peel off the mushroom caps and cut the mushrooms into slices. 2. Put the chopped mushrooms in a saucepan, add onions, a quarter cup of water, salt, put peas in pepper and cook until ready.
3. In a small bowl, mix the sour cream and flour with salt.
4. For prepared fish, cut the fillets, spread them over a greased baking sheet and place the baking tray with the fish fillets in a preheated oven. Bake until half cooked for about ten minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the oven, put the mushrooms on top of the fish, pour the mixture of cooked sour cream with flour. Sprinkle with grated cheese and breadcrumbs, sprinkle everything well with vegetable oil and bake in the oven. When a golden brown crust forms on the surface, turn off the oven and put the crucian carp in sour cream on a serving dish.
Crucian carp in sour cream in a pan with cognac
• two medium-sized crucian;
• 350 grams of 30% sour cream;
• one hundred milliliters of cognac;
• spices for fish.
1. Carcass carcass, rubbed with salt and pepper, fry on high heat until golden brown crust. Oil should not be in the pan a lot, you need to make it only slightly cover its bottom.
2. Without removing the pan from the heat, pour in the brandy, set it on fire and immediately remove the pan from the stove. Be careful, the flame rises high, do not burn yourself.
3. When the flame goes out, pour half a glass of water into the pan with the fish and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Put sour cream, spices for fish and simmer on medium heat for another half an hour.
Crucian carp in sour cream with potatoes
• three small crucians;
• 500 grams of potatoes;
• two medium carrots;
• 250 grams of low-fat sour cream;
• to taste spices, salt, spices.
1. Pour sunflower oil into the form or a small baking sheet, add salt, spices and spices to taste. Stir, put the fish in the form, brush on all sides with a mixture of oil and spices and leave to marinate for twenty minutes. 2. Chop the carrots finely into straws, chop the onion in small thin slices, and the potatoes in small slices.
3. Put all the vegetables in a bowl, pour two tablespoons of oil, salt to taste and move.
4. Put the vegetables in the form under the fish and place it in a preheated oven (180 degrees), for twenty-five minutes.
5. Put the fish on the table, add sour cream, evenly distributing it on vegetables and crucians, put the form back and bake until browning.
Stuffed crucian carp in sour cream with vegetables in foil
• large carcass carp weighing approximately;
• three tablespoons of flour;
• one medium tomato;
• a small bunch of parsley;
• head of white onion;
• one medium sized carrot;
• 250 grams of sour cream;
• 2 tbsp. l freshly squeezed lemon juice.
1. Prepared carp well sprinkle with salt, sprinkle with lemon juice and leave for fifteen minutes.
2. Cut the tomatoes into half rings and chop the greens with a knife.
3. Start chopped greens and half-rings of crucian tomatoes and fry the fish in a pan, first roll in flour until golden brown.
4. While the fish is fried, finely chop the onion and finely chop the carrot and put the chopped root vegetables to soften.
5. Spread the foil on the pan and place half of the browned vegetables in the middle of it. Put the fried fish on the vegetables and cover it with the remaining browned vegetables.
6. Pour sour cream on top, wrap the foil in an envelope and place the oven in a preheated 200 degree oven, bake for forty minutes.
7. Put the finished fish on a serving dish and decorate.
Fish cakes “Golden carp in sour cream”
• 600 grams of crucian carp;
• two medium onions;
• a small slice of white bread;
• 250 grams of sour cream 15%;
• 100 ml low-fat cream.
Preparation: 1. In a small bowl, fill the bread with milk so that the milk covers it completely.
2. In cleaned gutted fish, separate the meat from the bones and twist together with the onions in a meat grinder several times to finely grind the small bones.
3. Squeeze the bread well with your hands and add it to the minced fish. Salt to taste, pepper and knead thoroughly.
4. Form oblong fish-like mince, cutlets, roll them in white breadcrumbs and fry until golden brown in a frying pan in sunflower oil.
5. Put the patties in a dry frying pan, pour cream with sour cream and put on the fire. Simmer until cooked at low boil.
Crucian carp in sour cream - tricks and useful tips.
• A crucian in nature chooses places with quiet, stagnant water, in order to avoid an unpleasant swamp smell in the abdomen of a gutted fish while frying, put on a thin slice of onion.
• To soften the bones, you can sprinkle the cuts in the back with lemon juice. To sustain 15-20 minutes.
• If you do not have low-fat sour cream on hand, you can dilute it with heavy cream or milk.
• When frying fish, do not pierce it with a fork so that the juice does not flow out.
• If the recipe requires the bones to separate the fillets, you should not make transverse cuts, otherwise the fish meat will disintegrate during cooking.