Drain pike - general principles of preparation
Prepare such a dish for the New Year and wait for the obligatory jokes. True, we promise that if you follow the recipes below, the jellied pike will turn out excellent.
What is the difference between pike and other fish? First of all, it is a river white predator fish. As you know, the meat of predatory fish is more delicious than those that feed on algae. In addition, pike is a boneless fish.
What is different from jellied jelly? Aspic, as a rule, is prepared on bone broth without the addition of gelatin, and jellied - on meat or fish broth with a gelling agent. Meanwhile, as for the pike dish, here the concepts of aspic and aspic are mixed. If you cook the broth using such parts of the fish as the spine and head, then the aspic will harden without gelatin.
Pike - food and dishes preparation
A whole tuku pike must be specially prepared. Wash, clean, cut off the head, clean the gills, and gut the fish itself and cut it into pieces. Head and tail will be useful to us for making rich thick broth.
If you have a pike carcass already decapitated, then the broth will turn out from fish fillets. However, keep in mind: if you boil broth for jellied fish meat, it will not harden. To avoid this, take 10 grams of gelatin and dissolve it in warm broth or in water.
You will also need vegetables (onions, carrots), fruits (cranberries, pomegranates) and, if there is a desire for experimentation, other types of fish (preferably red).
How to make the appearance of broth attractive? If you cook only one fish, without additives, the decoction will be transparent. But if you add a whole onion to the broth (along with the husk) or a carrot, then the color of the dish will be pleasantly golden.
What is the best way to cook filler pike? Silicone forms are very convenient - after hardening the food will be very easy to remove. However, the secret is how beautiful it is to “take out” the filler from an ordinary dish: immerse it in warm water for half a minute, and then transfer it to a serving dish.
Recipes of jellied pike:
Recipe 1: Pike with greens
Fresh dill and parsley will decorate a noble white pike in aspic. Also do not forget about a few thin slices of lemon. If the broth was prepared with the head and fish vertebra, then gelatin for freezing you do not need. If you only have fish fillets, take about half a pack of gelatin.
- Mineral water for a jellied pike - 2.2 liters
- Fresh pike - 420-490 grams
- Gelatin - 1/2 packs (10 grams)
- Fresh Greens
- 1/2 lemon
- Put fish into mineral water and bring to a boil. As soon as the water boiled, salt the pike, cover the saucepan with a lid and reduce the heat. Boil the fish for 25 minutes, then remove and put in the form for filler. There add the chopped greens and a few thin slices of lemon.
- Strain the broth, scoop up a small part of it with a cup, add the gelatin and stir. Heat the gelatin broth in the saucepan, but do not bring to a boil. When the broth has cooled a little, fill it with pike.
Recipe 2: Pike with Egg
One of the most common ingredients for filler is egg. Use it to make the dish more nourishing and tasty. To give some piquancy to the pike, you can take quail eggs.
- 2.2 liters of mineral water for the pike
- Pike - 450 grams
- 2-3 chicken eggs
- 1/2 pack of gelatin
- Fresh Greens
- Pike meat is poured with water, put in a saucepan, add lavrushka, salt and let boil. Then remove the foam and reduce the fire. Boil the pike to 20 minutes, then get the fish and lay out in a dish for aspic.
- Separately, boil a hard-boiled egg, clean and cut in half. We report it and chopped dill to pike.
- We filter the prepared broth, take a part of the broth in order to dilute the gelatin in it, and then return it to the saucepan. Heat the broth on the stove, and as soon as it starts to boil, turn off the heat.
- Pour fish, dill and egg with cooled broth.
Recipe 3: Pike with carrots and pomegranate
If you decide to feed the pike to the festive table, then it must be something enchanting. In fact, decorating the fish is not so difficult - you will need bright colors of vegetables and fruits.
- Mineral water for inlet pike
- Pike meat - 400-500 grams
- Carrots - 1 piece
- Pomegranate - 1 piece
- Fresh Greens
- Gelatin - 10 grams
- Pike meat is thoroughly washed and put into water.
- Peel the carrots.
- We put the pot of pike meat on the fire, and as soon as the water starts to boil, we subtract, add salt, put the carrots in the container. Everything is cooked for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Boiled carrots should be cut into slices or in the form of flowers, stars. Ingredients put on the bottom of the form, add to it carrots and chopped greens.
- Pour gelatin with water and stir until dissolved. Add the gelatin to the broth, stir and then pour the liquid into the fish.
Recipe 4: Insect pike with pink salmon
It will be very tasty if you add some sort of fish to it, if you add another kind of fish, preferably red salmon, trout, pink salmon.
- Water for mud pike
- Pink salmon - 330-400 grams
- Pike - 200-250 grams
- Onions - 1 piece
- Gelatin -10 grams
- Carrot - 1 piece
- We put the cleaned and washed fish in a saucepan, fill it with water and set it on fire. As soon as the water boils, we add some salt, we lower the unpeeled onion and the whole peeled carrot, bay leaf.
- Boil the fish for 25 minutes, then remove all the ingredients. Cut the fish into pieces, carrots - figured or sliced. Boiled onion for cooking aspic we do not need.
- Take 1/2 cup of broth and dilute gelatin into it, then pour the resulting mass into fish broth, heat it on the fire, without boiling.
- Put the fish and carrot pieces in a dish for the filler, pour the warm filling on top and place in the cold.
Recipe 5: Pike in Siberian-style
A beautiful and tasty dish that looks decent and does not disappoint the expectations of your guests.
- Water for a jellied pike - 2.3 liters
- Pike - 300 grams
- Pickled cucumber - 2 pieces
- Green peas, canned - 100 grams
- Parsley fresh
- Gelatin - 10 grams
- Fresh cranberries - 100 grams
- In salted water, boil pike until cooked.
- Add pre-diluted gelatin to the resulting broth, stir, heat, but do not bring to a boil.
- The filler will freeze in several stages. First, lay berries and 1/3 of fish on the bottom of the plate, pour in part of the broth and send for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Lay the fish and cucumber thinly sliced into slices with the second layer. Sent to the fridge. And after that we report the remaining fish and canned peas.
Aspic pike - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
Not all housewives like to use for jellied gelatin. If you are dealing with fish, then there is enough natural gelling substance in the head and spine. Boil the broth from these parts, and you will not need gelatin. But if you only have steak, then the broth will not freeze. And one more trick from cooks - do not put the filler in the refrigerator. If you cooked the broth correctly, the aspic will thicken rather quickly and simply in a cold place.
What is the filler pike? A good addition will be the sauce that you prepare yourself. Take a couple of fresh egg yolks, a little olive or sunflower oil, mustard powder and mix all the blender. Add some pickles, green olives or capers to the sauce.