Herring under a fur coat will decorate any holiday table.
This seemingly such a simple dish is so popular that it can be found even in expensive restaurants.
Herring under a fur coat (recipe classic step by step) - the basic principles of cooking
The main ingredient of herring under a fur coat is a classic step-by-step recipe - herring. The taste of the finished snack depends on its quality. It is better to take salted fish. When selecting pay attention to the appearance of herring. Her skin should be whole. There should be no brown spots. You can buy ready-made herring fillets. In this case, pay attention to expiration dates. If the herring is highly salted, you can soak it for several hours, periodically replacing the water.
Choosing a herring, it must be properly cut. Wash the fish, lightly dry with napkins and spread on the board. Cut off the head, tail and cut fins. The abdomen is cut and the insides are taken out. Then the herring is washed again, carefully washing the inside of the abdomen. Along the back, a longitudinal incision is made along the ridge and they begin to carefully separate the fillets from the bones. After that, it is carefully reviewed and remove the remaining small bones. The prepared fillet is cut into thin strips.
In addition to herring, you will need vegetables; onions, potatoes, carrots and beets, as well as eggs and mayonnaise. Eggs boiled hard boiled. Vegetables are washed and also boiled, without peeling, until cooked.
Then the eggs, vegetables and onions are cleaned. All ingredients are laid in layers on a round or oval dish. The sequence of layers may be different. As a rule, sliced herring is laid on the bottom, and onions, vegetables and eggs are layered onto it. All ingredients except onions are ground on a grater. Each layer is coated with mayonnaise.
Herring under a fur coat recipe classic step by step can be prepared in an original way - in the form of a roll. In this case, the layers are stacked on the food film in the reverse order, that is, the first layer is the beet, and the last is spread herring. Then everything is rolled up in the form of a roll, which is sent to the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Before serving roll cut into slices, two centimeters thick and laid out on a dish.
Recipe 1. Herring under a fur coat classic recipe
two large herrings;
average packaging of mayonnaise;
four chicken eggs;
three medium carrots;
Method of preparation
1. Wash two beets. Take a saucepan, pour water into it and boil over medium heat. Immerse the root vegetables in boiling water. Water should completely cover the vegetables. Cook over medium heat for an hour until soft. You can check the readiness with a knife or fork, piercing a vegetable. If they enter the beets freely, you can take them off the stove. Drain boiling water, and shift the vegetable in a dry dish and cool. There is a quick method of cooking beets: the vegetable is placed in boiling water, boiled for half an hour, then boiled water is drained, and the beets are poured with cold water and left for a quarter of an hour. Cleaned boiled beets.
2. Wash the potatoes and carrots. Put in a saucepan, cover with water and put on moderate heat. Boil for half an hour. Willingness to check with a fork or knife. Put the prepared vegetables on a plate and cool. Some young housewives cook peeled vegetables. This is a blunder. Peel not only will not let the vegetables boil soft, but also retain maximum benefit. You can cook the vegetables separately, but it does not matter, because the cooking time is the same. To cook vegetables evenly, they should be about the same size.
3. Wash the eggs, put them in a saucepan, cover with water and boil for ten minutes from the moment of boiling. Drain the boiling water. Be sure to put the eggs in cold water. If this is not done, they will be difficult to clean.
4. Wash the herring and dip it with a napkin. Put the fish on a cutting board, cut off the head, cut the belly and clean the insides. Wash again. Trim the tail and fins. Gently pry off the skin with a knife and remove it with a stocking. Make a cut along the back and separate both sides of the fillet from the ridge. Now check it for small bones and remove them, if any. This is convenient to do with tweezers. In the fillet should not remain a single bone. Cut the fillet into small pieces. 5. Peel the boiled potatoes and chop them on a grater. If you do not have it, you can chop the vegetable plates and mash with a fork.
6. Clean the eggs from the shell and grate on the grate with small holes. Or cut each egg in half and mash with a fork.
7. Remove thin skin from boiled carrots and chop the vegetable on a medium grater.
8. Peel the chilled, boiled beets and grate.
9. Onion head free of peel. Crush it in small cubes. You can use the onions immediately, or pre-pickle it. To do this, chop the onion in a deep bowl, cover with a glass of warm water, add a spoonful of vinegar 9% and a couple of spoons of sugar. Stir. Marinate the onions for ten minutes. Then drain the marinade, and use the onions as directed. Marinade will relieve onions from bitterness and sharp smell.
10. The last ingredient is mayonnaise. You can use any fat content, and it is better to cook yourself at home to your liking, making it sharper, softer or more acidic.
11. Now start collecting the snack in layers. Spread the ingredients layer by layer on a round or oval flat dish. As a rule, the first layer is laid out herring, but during the unfolding of the plates, the structure of the snack is destroyed, and the pieces of herring may fall. Therefore, put grated potatoes in the first layer. He will connect the structure of the salad, and it will be easy to lay out. Spread the shredded vegetable over the dish in a thin layer. Smear a layer of potatoes with mayonnaise.
12. Lay the pieces of herring on top of the potato layer. Make it so that all the potatoes are covered with herring. Smear with mayonnaise. The herring layer is not very convenient to lubricate, so you can put the mayonnaise in a plastic bag, make a small hole in it and squeeze it out onto the fish with a thick net. In this way, you can coat layers that are inconvenient to lubricate with a spoon.
13. On top of the herring spread another layer of grated potatoes. Spread it with mayonnaise. 14. Put the finely chopped onion and cover it with a thick net of mayonnaise.
15. Next put the grated eggs. Grease the egg layer with mayonnaise.
16. Put the grated carrot on the eggs, spreading it evenly in a thin layer. Spread it with mayonnaise.
17. The final layer lay out grated beets. Smear beetroot mayonnaise. You can decorate the salad with yolks. Leave a couple of yolks, then crumble them into small pieces and sprinkle on top. Herring under a fur coat recipe classic step by step cook at least one day before serving. Keep the finished salad in the fridge so that it is well soaked.
Recipe 2. Herring under a fur coat recipe classic step by step roll
three potato tubers;
one salted herring;
average pack of mayonnaise.
Method of preparation
1. Wash the beets. Boil water in a saucepan and put the roots in it. Cook over moderate heat for an hour. Put on a plate, cool and peel. Beets are cooked longer, so they are cooked separately from other vegetables.
2. Boil carrots and potatoes until soft and cool. Remove thin skin from vegetables.
3. Wash the herring, separate the head, open the belly and remove the insides. If there is milk or caviar, you can also use them for cooking herring under a fur coat. Wash the fish again. Separate the fillet from the ridge, cut off the fins and tail. Carefully remove the skin. Be sure to select all the small bones. Cut the fish fillets into small pieces.
4. Boil eggs in boiling water for ten minutes. Cool them in cold water. Peel off the shell.
5. Chop vegetables and eggs on a fine grater and arrange in separate plates. Peel and chop the onion. You can pre-marinate it, fill it with warm water, vinegar and add sugar. Marinate onions need ten minutes.
6. Spread cling film on the table. If not, you can use foil. Put the ingredients on it in layers in the reverse order. The first layer will be grated beets. Spread it in a thin layer and brush with mayonnaise. Then comes a layer of shredded carrots, which are also smeared with sauce. On carrots lay out a thin layer of grated potatoes, brush with mayonnaise. Now spread the grated boiled egg, make a thick net of mayonnaise and put on it pieces of herring and onions. 7. Carefully, with a film, roll the dish into a roll and fix the edges. Send it overnight in the fridge. Before serving, cut the roll into slices and beautifully put on a dish. This way of cooking herring under a fur coat is a classic step-by-step recipe, making the snack original.
Herring under a fur coat recipe classic step by step - tips and tricks
- It is inconvenient to grease a layer of fish, onions and eggs with mayonnaise, so it is better to apply a thin thick mesh on them
- If the herring is salted, lightly salt each layer of the salad.
- You can use quail instead of chicken eggs.
- For salad it is better to use mayonnaise homemade.