Everyone knows the easiest way to make kefir, because everyone has sour milk at least once. In theory, to get kefir, you do not need to do anything - just pour the milk into a glass jar and wait for the lactic acid bacteria to do their work. However, there are two subtle points: firstly, such kefir quickly “peroxides”, that is, it becomes simply sour. Secondly, not all milk can be “sour” - it happens, it molds faster than sour (due to pasteurization and additives that prevent the development of cultured milk bacteria).
For such cases, in a pharmacy or even in supermarkets, you can purchase a special leaven, with which you can quickly prepare tender home-made kefir from milk.
- milk - 0, 5 liters;
1. Prepare the ingredients you need for kefir: milk and leaven.
2. Milk should be warm, so first you need to warm it up a little.
3. Pour only a few tablespoons of warm milk into the jar.
4. Next, add a special leaven. The proportion is as follows - 1 tablespoon of sourdough - 1 liter of fresh cow milk. In this case, add half a tablespoon. After adding the starter, you need to close the can with a lid and shake vigorously.
5. Add the remaining milk and mix thoroughly.
6. Distribute the resulting volume in small jars or forms from yogurt maker.
7. Tightly close the lids and send for 10 hours to the yogurt maker. If not, then you can put the jars in a warm place and wrap a blanket.
8. After the specified time has passed, the healthy and tasty home-made kefir will be ready! The important point is that such a product should preferably be stored no more than a day, unlike the purchase option.