Almost everyone likes ice cream, but few people decide to make it themselves. Cold delicacies sold in stores often include ingredients that do not correlate well with the principles of healthy nutrition: palm oil, artificial colors, flavors, preservatives. Homemade dessert has only one drawback - high calorie. If you do not take into account the energy value of the product, and analyze only the chemical composition, then it can even be considered useful, because the basis of this dessert are dairy products, natural fruits and berries. If you study the subtleties of the technological process and carefully follow the instructions accompanying the selected recipe, the ice cream at home will be even tastier and more appetizing than the store.
Making ice cream at home is a realistic task; you can even do without an ice cream maker - a special device that simultaneously mixes and cools food. However, the technology of cooking this type of desserts is not quite simple, it has many nuances. Without knowledge of these subtleties, the result may not meet the expectations of the chef.
- The taste of the finished delicacy directly depends on the quality of the products used for its preparation; you should not save on them.
- The basis of ice cream often serve as cream. Only fatty ones will do; usually they take those whose fat content is 33%. The fatter the cream and other products that make up the dessert, the softer and more tasty it will be.
- To make the ice cream soft and fluffy, thickeners are used. Most often in this role are egg yolks, but not everyone is ready to use them for fear of catching salmonellosis. Then they are replaced by agar-agar, starch, even flour, instead of them add lemon juice, alcoholic beverages. These components prevent the formation of ice crystals, but can inhibit the cooling of the dessert. This is especially noticeable when adding alcohol.
- Cooling homemade ice cream is required gradually. First, it is removed in the refrigerator, then rearranged in the freezer. It takes 8-10 hours on average to make the dessert freeze.
- In the first hours of chilling, the treat should be mixed (the more often, the better). This prevents the formation of small ice floes inside.
- Syrup, liqueur, fresh or canned berries, fruits, and other components are often added to ice cream. Liquid ingredients are usually injected at the first stage of dessert preparation, pieces of fruit and nuts are added at the end.
- You can mix the ice cream with a mixer or a whisk (the mixer is more convenient). A blender is not suitable for this purpose, as its knives cut ice cream during whipping, making the dessert less appetizing.
It is customary to serve homemade ice cream in bowls or beautiful vases made of glass, ceramics, and metal. When serving, the dessert is poured over with syrup, confiture, melted chocolate or decorated with pieces of fruit or biscuits, berries, chocolate chips.
Classic homemade ice cream recipe (ice cream)
Calorie dishes: 1889 kcal, per 100 g: 199 kcal.
- cream (33 percent) - 0, 25 l;
- milk - 0, 5 l;
- chicken egg yolks - 5 pcs .;
- icing sugar - 100 g;
- vanillin - to taste.
- Wash the eggs with soap and pat dry. Separate the yolks from the proteins. Proteins for making ice cream are not required, you can make something else out of them, for example meringue.
- Add vanillin and caster sugar to the yolks. Pound until a homogeneous consistency of the mass.
- Heat the milk (not to boil, but to about 40-50 degrees).
- In a spoon, add milk to the yolk mass, whipping it constantly with a whisk to prevent the yolks from coagulating.
- Put a container with a milk-egg mass on slow fire. It will be even better if you warm up the mixture in a water bath. In the process of cooking the mass must be mixed and not allowed to boil.
- When the mass thickens, remove it from the heat, leave to cool to room temperature, then put in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Whip cream with a mixer until stable peaks. Beat with a gradual increase in speed so that the cream does not turn into butter.
- Combine whipped cream with milk and yolk cream. Beat together.
- Put it in a deep container, put it in the main chamber of the refrigerator, and after an hour move it to the freezer. For the first three hours every 15-20 minutes, beat the contents of the container with a mixer.
- Wait until the ice cream has cooled completely. It will take at least three hours.
You can also include syrup, cocoa, and other ingredients in ice cream made with this recipe. When serving ice cream is placed on the table with a special spoon in metal molds on the leg, in which it melts slowly.
Low-fat yogurt-based ice cream
Calorie dishes: 724 kcal, per 100 g: 108 kcal.
- peach pulp - 50 g;
- natural yoghurt (without filler) - 0.5 l;
- sugar - 100 g;
- lemon juice - 20 ml.
- Peeled peeled pulp, cut into small cubes, then turn them into a peach puree with a blender.
- Combine fruit puree, lemon juice, yogurt and sugar. Beat with a mixer.
- Put the prepared mixture in the container, put it in the freezer.
- For the first 3 hours, beat every 20 minutes with a mixer, then leave for the same time without beating.
Ice cream in this recipe is much easier than traditional. Even more useful and dietary dessert will be if sugar is replaced with honey.
Lemon ice cream without eggs
Calorie dishes: 2666 kcal, per 100 g: 287 kcal.
- condensed milk - 0, 3 kg;
- cream (with fat content of 33%) - 0, 5 l;
- lemon - 1 pc.
- Wash the lemon, pat dry with a napkin. Rub the zest, enough will a teaspoon. Squeeze lemon juice.
- Whip the cream, combine with condensed milk, whisk again.
- Add lemon juice and zest. Continue to beat with a mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Put the sweet mass in the fridge. After 20 minutes, whisk, move to the freezer. Cool for 3 hours, stirring occasionally with a mixer.
Ice cream for this recipe is fragrant. To make it softer and more tender, it is recommended to get it out of the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Blueberry ice cream
Calorie dishes: 2826 kcal, per 100 g: 194 kcal.
- fresh or frozen blueberries - 0, 3 kg;
- fat cream (33%) - 0, 2 l;
- drinking cream (10%) - 0.5 l;
- condensed milk - 0, 45 l;
- vanilla sugar - 5 g.
- Rinse, dry (or thaw) blueberries. Mash with a fork or chop with a blender. If you want the pieces of the skins of the berries in the ice cream were not felt at all, wipe the mashed potatoes through a sieve.
- Mix drinking cream and condensed milk, do it better with a mixer.
- Separately, beat the whipped cream with vanilla sugar.
- Connect both milk parts, whisk them together. Puree do not add.
- Clean mashed potatoes and cream mass in the fridge. Cool for 2-3 hours.
- Combine the creamy mass with the blueberry puree, whisk with a mixer.
- Remove the resulting purple mixture into the freezer. Cool the ice cream for another 8-10 hours, for the first 2-3 hours, stir it regularly with a mixer.
When serving, blueberry ice cream can be decorated with fresh berries. It goes well with chocolate.
Avocado Ice Cream
Caloric content of the dish: 3251 kcal, per 100 g: 223 kcal.
- medium-fat cream (15-20%) - 1 l;
- avocados - 0, 25 kg;
- light rum - 60 ml;
- egg yolks - 2 pcs .;
- flour - 35 g;
- salt - a pinch;
- sugar - 60 g;
- vanilla sugar - 10 g.
- Wash avocados, cut, remove the stone. Separate the flesh from the skin. Cut into slices and whisk in a blender until mashed.
- Fill with cream in the amount of 0, 25 l, whisk together with them, temporarily put in the refrigerator.
- Spread yolks with sugar, add vanilla sugar and a glass of cream. Whisk.
- Combine the flour and salt, heat in a saucepan. Beating with a whisk, enter the remaining cream, boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the flour mixture into a yolk mass in a thin stream, whipping it constantly with a whisk.
- Warm up a little, stirring so that the mass thickens. Refrigerate, cool for 2 hours.
- Combine both pieces of ice cream in the fridge, add rum. Beat with a mixer.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker container or put it in the freezer for 8-10 hours. The first 2 hours periodically reach the container with ice cream, mix the aromatic mass with a mixer.
Ice cream made according to this recipe looks exquisite. Its taste will not disappoint you either. Serve it well with chocolate and nuts, although any other additives, which are usually complemented by ice cream, also fit.
Video: how to make ice cream at home
The absence of the ice cream maker is not a reason to deny yourself a homemade cooling dessert. Delicious ice cream can be prepared without a kitchen appliance. And there are so many recipes for this delicacy that there is an option for almost every taste.