Khanum - a dish found in cuisines of different nations, including Kazakh, Uzbek, Tajik. Most often it belongs to the Uzbek cuisine, but it is not known for certain which people learned to cook the khanum first. But we have reached the legend connected with the appearance of this dish. According to her, one man, long absent, suddenly returned home. His wife, who knew that he loved manti, wanted to feed her spouse with her favorite dish, but she did not have time to cook it. Then the resourceful woman, whom they called just Khanum, thought up to wrap the minced meat in a lean cake and boil it for a couple. The result was a roll, taste like manty, but cooked in a hurry. Since then, other hostesses began to do khanum. As can be seen from the legend, it is not difficult to cook a khanum, so that some of this dish is even known as “lazy manti”. In general, even an inexperienced hostess can please this unpretentious, but very nourishing and tasty dish.
Khanum can be cooked in a variety of ways, including in a double boiler, a slow cooker, in a saucepan, and even in a frying pan. Of course, the cooking technology will depend on the selected recipe. But still there are several general principles of cooking Hanum, which should be guided when cooking this dish.
- It is easy to prepare dough for khanum by yourself. If you make it, based on the recipe, then it will be elastic enough to roll it thinly. However, it will be the easiest and most gentle if kneaded in a bread maker or manually. Using a mixer with a nozzle for the test will not give such an effect.
- It is necessary to roll the dough as thin as possible, but not so thin as to break through.
- It is possible not only to roll the dough into a roll, but also to lay it in a circle or spiral. Some housewives fold the dough, giving it the form of roses or envelopes.
- It is better to cook mincemeat for homemade food, because, buying it in a store, you cannot be sure about the quality of the meat used to cook it. Traditional recipes involve the use of lamb meat, although khanum is often cooked with beef and other types of meat. There are also recipes, according to which meat is not used for the filling, in this case the dish is suitable for a vegetarian table.
- Khanum will taste better if vegetables are added to the filling. The pumpkin, carrot, onion, and potato are best suited for this. Mixing different types of vegetables, herbs and seasonings, you can achieve a unique taste.
- Serve Hanum with tomato or garlic sauce. The latter is prepared on the basis of sour cream or yogurt.
Before serving, roll the roll into pieces. Serve can be spread out on a la carte plates or laid out on a common dish, retaining the shape given to the roll when boiled for a couple.
Khanum with minced meat
- wheat flour - 0, 4 kg;
- water - 125 ml;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- beef or mutton - 0.5 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- butter - 50 g;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- salt, black pepper - to taste;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- sour cream - 0, 2 l;
- fresh greens - 50 g.
Method of preparation:
- Sift flour. Beat the egg and mix it with flour. Pour in half a cup of cold water and a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil. Mash all with a fork, then shift to a floured board and knead the dough. To prevent it from sticking to your hands, treat them with flour.
- Divide the dough into two parts, form a ball out of each. Cover with a napkin and put in the fridge for half an hour.
- Wash and dry the meat with a napkin. Cut it into large chunks, skip through the meat grinder.
- Crush the peeled onion through a meat grinder, mix it with minced meat.
- Add salt and pepper to the mince, mix thoroughly.
- Remove one ball of dough from the refrigerator and roll it thinly.
- Place half of the minced meat in the center, flatten it with a spoon, distributing almost the entire area of the dough, leaving only a small indent from the edges.
- Cut half of the butter into thin slices and spread them over the mince.
- Roll the dough into a roll.
- Pour water into the pan or pan. On top, install a special device for steaming or an ordinary colander. Put the roll in it, folded ring.
- Put the pan or pan on the stove. Boil a couple for 30-40 minutes. All this time, watch the water level in the pan, not allowing it to boil completely.
- While the khanum is cooked on the stove, you will have more than enough time to make the sauce. To do this, finely chop the greens, skip the garlic through a press and mix it all with sour cream. Put a little salt and black pepper in the sauce, mix.
Carefully put the finished khanum on a dish, cut into slices about 3 cm thick, arrange into plates and pour sour cream-garlic sauce. In the same way, prepare a khanum from the remaining dough and minced meat.
Hanum with potatoes
- flour - 1 kg;
- water - 0, 25 ml;
- vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- onions - 0, 5 kg;
- sweet pepper (optional) - 0.5 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 6 kg;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- sugar - 5 g;
- salt, pepper, greens - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- In a sifted flour, add a tablespoon of oil and a large pinch of salt, mix. Gradually introduce water that should be cold. Stir with a spoon, then knead the dough with your hands. If desired, you can cook the dough in the bread maker, putting the appropriate ingredients into it.
- Roll the dough into a bowl and put it in the fridge for an hour.
- Peel potatoes, wash and cut them into very small cubes. If desired, it can even be rubbed using a coarse grater, and then pressed to remove excess moisture.
- Finely chop the greens. It is better to take more of it, as it gives the dish a pleasant taste, aroma and makes the filling brighter and more appetizing.
- Mix chopped greens with potatoes.
- Peel the onions and finely chop them with a knife. Separate about a quarter of the onion and set aside for the sauce. Add the rest to the potatoes, mix.
- Wash the peppers. Cut them into small cubes, after removing the seeds from them and removing the stem. Place half of the pieces of pepper in the filling, mix. The remaining pepper will be used to make the sauce.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, separate half. Roll into a large layer. In the center, departing a few centimeters from the edges, put the stuffing. You need to use about half, as the recipe indicates the number of ingredients, calculated on the preparation of two rolls.
- Pepper and salt stuffing. Roll the dough into a roll.
- Prepare the second roll in the same way.
- Place the rolls in the mantyshnym and cook for 50 minutes.
- Wash the tomatoes. On each vegetable on the side opposite the stem, make a cross-cut.
- Boil the water. Dip the tomatoes in it and blanch them for 2 minutes.
- Remove and cool. If you want tomatoes to cool faster, you can immerse them in cold water for a few minutes.
- Peel the tomatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Finely chop the garlic with a knife.
- Heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pan, put onion, garlic and pepper in it. Stir for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and simmer the sauce on low heat for 20-30 minutes, until it thickens properly.
Place each roll on a separate dish, cut into small pieces and generously pour the sauce. If desired, you can sprinkle with herbs.
Khanum - one of the easiest to prepare dishes. It can be made with minced meat or with vegetables. Each recipe is unique and good in its own way. Khanum tastes like manty, although it looks like a roll. This is a very satisfying and tasty dish that does not require any additions.