Have you ever eaten real Uzbek pilaf? Do not be surprised if you gave a negative answer, because not everyone is able to create this culinary masterpiece by all the rules. The fact is that it is not always possible to get the suitable rice, sometimes it is difficult to get the necessary dishes for cooking and there are a lot of subtleties. Today we will cook pilaf, but not Uzbek, but Russian.
Yes, Russian plov, you have not misheard! What is its feature? In the croup ... What cereal does the Russian people like so much? That's right, buckwheat! We make plov from buckwheat right now.
To prepare the “Russian” pilaf, you will need:
- meat (pork or beef) - 500 g,
- water - 3 tbsp.,
- buckwheat - 2 tbsp.,
- vegetable oil - 1/2 Art.,
- onion - 2 pcs.,
- carrots - 2-3 pieces,
- tomato paste - 2 tbsp. l.,
- salt - 1 tbsp. l
1. Prepare all the necessary ingredients listed above.
2. We grumble. Flush. Lean back in a colander.
3. My meat. Drain. Cut into large cubes.
4. Heat oil in a cauldron. Fry the meat.
5. Clean onions. Mine We cut not very small straws.
6. Ship onions to meat. We continue to fry.
7. Carrot clean. Cut into large strips.
8. We send the carrot to the cauldron with red onion and meat.
9. As soon as the carrots begin to fry a bit, put the tomato paste. Stir.
10. After a couple of minutes, pour in water (the amount of water is taken per one cup of cereal - 1, 5 cups of water). We salt. Stir well. Bring to a boil. We taste the broth, it should be well salted, if necessary, add salt.
11. In boiling broth add buckwheat. We do not mix, but only distribute the croup in an even layer on the vegetable and meat “cushion”. Bring to a boil. Cover with a lid. We reduce fire to a minimum. Tomimo within 35 minutes (during this time it is not recommended to lift the lid).
12. After the indicated time has elapsed, Russian buckwheat pilaf is ready. Mix it well, spread on a large platter and serve.