The liver is one of the most useful meat by-products. Properly cooked, it turns out delicate, has a unique taste. In cooking, it has found wide application. Hot and cold snacks are made from it, used as one of the main ingredients for a salad, and stuffing is made from it for pies, pies and pancakes.
Stuffing pancakes delicious obtained from any liver: beef, pork, chicken, turkey. Recipes for its preparation, there are many. Knowing the basics of the technological process, each hostess can make liver mincemeat for pancakes according to her own recipes, surprising guests and members of the household with her culinary skills.
In some hostesses, pancakes with liver are a special dish, others they fail. The problem may not even be in the choice of the recipe, but in the lack of knowledge of the basic rules for the preparation of the liver filling. Knowing how to choose and boil the liver correctly, knowing how to make the stuffing more juicy from it, you will not make mistakes, and the result of culinary creativity probably will not upset you.
- To prepare the filling, liver of a cow, pig, or bird will do. It is important that the product is fresh. If it has a suspiciously pale appearance or an unpleasant smell, you should not use it for a pancake filling. These are signs of a poor-quality or stale product that must be disposed of as soon as possible.
- Experienced housewives are aware that fresh and chilled foods usually come out more succulent than frozen ones. But the difference becomes noticeable only when the defrosting was performed incorrectly. If the liver is allowed to thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature, it will remain almost as juicy as it was not subjected to freezing.
- Beef and pork liver often have a bitter taste. It will disappear if the product is soaked in water or milk for an hour. Soaking the liver in milk will make it even more tender. Chicken and turkey liver do not need soaking.
- Liver preparation also includes removal of the film and bile ducts.
- Boil the liver for pancakes can be whole or cut into pieces of medium size, since it will still have to be crushed. The smaller the pieces of the liver, the faster it will cook. Beef liver cooked in large pieces for 40 minutes, sliced - 20-30 minutes (depending on the size of the pieces). The same amount cooked turkey liver. Pork liver is cooked a little longer: a whole 50 minutes, 30 minutes - sliced. The fastest prepared chicken liver: 10-15 minutes. It takes 10 minutes more time to prepare the liver in a slow cooker than in a saucepan.
- The liver for the filling is often boiled, then passed through a meat grinder with the addition of roasted vegetables, but it can also be fried and stewed together with vegetables, and then chopped. It is important to bring the product to readiness completely, since the pancakes with liver filling do not roast for a long time. During the preparation of stuffed pancakes in a pan or in the oven, the stuffing only manages to warm up.
- In order to make the filling more fragrant, onion, carrot, bay leaf, black pepper and peas are added to the broth when boiling the liver.
You can make a filling for liver pancakes using several recipes. The technology of cooking meat can have minor differences. To obtain the expected result, it makes sense to adhere to the recommendations accompanying a particular recipe.
Stuffing for liver pancakes with onions and carrots
- pork or beef liver - 0, 4 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- salt, spices - to taste;
- refined vegetable oil - how much will go.
- Rinse the liver, remove the film. Make it easier to rub the product with salt and leave for 10 minutes. Remove the bile ducts.
- Cut the liver into slices about 1 cm thick or even slightly smaller.
- Put the liver pieces in a bowl, cover with water, leave for an hour. Drain the liver with a kitchen towel.
- Scrape, wash carrots. Coarsely rub it.
- Free from onions peel, cut into half rings.
- Add oil to the pan. Heat it up. Put onions and carrots in it. Fry them until the onions are golden in color.
- Put the vegetables in a plate.
- Add oil, brown in it until the appetizing crust of the liver appears.
- Put onions and carrots on the liver. Salt and pepper. Add 40-60 ml of water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook the food on low heat for 8-12 minutes (until the liver is ready). If liquid remains in the pan, increase the intensity of the flame and evaporate it.
- Cool the products and pass them through the meat grinder. Stir.
The minced meat obtained is completely ready for use as a filling for pancakes. Similarly, you can make the filling of turkey liver or chicken with the only difference that they do not need to soak.
Fried liver stuffing with onion, carrot and egg
- liver (any) - 0, 5 kg;
- onions - 150 g;
- carrots - 0, 2 kg;
- butter - 40 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Liver wash. If necessary, remove the bile duct and film. Slice the liver into small pieces, like beef stroganoff. Chicken liver can be simply cut into several pieces.
- Peel the carrots, cut them into thin halves or quarters of rings.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, cut into small cubes.
- In a deep frying pan, melt butter, add liver and vegetables to it. Salt and pepper them.
- Fry on low heat, stirring occasionally, until the liver and vegetables are ready.
- Mince the food.
- Cook hard boiled eggs, peel, chop in the same way as other products.
- Combine the liver mince with the eggs, stir until smooth.
The filler for pancakes according to this recipe is quite dense, but at the same time tender and juicy.
Stuffed for pancakes from boiled liver with rice and eggs
- liver (any) - 0, 3 kg;
- water - 1-1, 5 l;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs .;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- rice - 40 g;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs .;
- butter - to taste.
- In salted water, boil rice, mix it with butter.
- Boil eggs and chop finely with a knife.
- Dip the prepared liver in boiling water. When it boils again, add peeled whole vegetables, spices, and salt.
- Cook the liver on low heat until cooked. It is considered finished when, after piercing it with a knife, dark liquid does not flow from it.
- Cool the liver, cut into small pieces and turn into mince with the help of a meat grinder.
- Mix all ingredients. If the filling seemed too dry, add some more butter.
Pancakes with liver, eggs and rice are very satisfying and like almost everyone. They are happy to eat, even many of those who are reserved with respect to foods from by-products.
Minced liver pancakes are relatively inexpensive, but they are tasty and nourishing. Hepatic filling can be made according to several recipes, each of which is good in its own way.