To increase hemoglobin, immunity and general body tone, it is not always necessary to drink pharmaceutical vitamins, sometimes the situation helps to improve the inclusion of such useful products as buckwheat, liver, and vegetables in the diet. They contain many vitamins that help improve health, and are recommended for diet food. Of these products you can cook a lot of delicious dishes, but there is a dish that combines all these products in itself. These are grechaniki - buckwheat cutlets, which are the property of Ukrainian cuisine, but are popular all over the world.
At first glance it may seem that it is simply impossible to make beautiful and delicious cutlets from buckwheat and liver, but in reality this is not so. Moreover, even an inexperienced hostess can cope with the preparation of Greek people. She only needs to know a few important points and take them into account when preparing the dish.
- The products used for cooking Greek should be well prepared. The croup needs to be carefully picked and rinsed. Liver wash, remove films and veins. Only then can proceed directly to the cooking.
- Boil buckwheat for Greek people until cooked, and it should be completely soft and sticky.
- The liver is used raw, turning it through a meat grinder in this form. Crushed liver is a fairly liquid mass, so the stuffing from it is almost always required to thicken. It is easy to make it with flour, but you shouldn’t pour it too much. As soon as the stuffing acquires the consistency of thick cream, pour flour into it.
- Usually, in order to fry the Greek inhabitants, they are made into patties and breaded in breadcrumbs or flour. In the case of the preparation of Greek inhabitants with a liver, the situation is different: the stuffing is spread on a heated pan with boiling oil with spoons. Turning the Greek inhabitants is possible only after their lower layer is well browned and covered with an appetizing crust. Then, when turning, the top layer of minced meat will no longer spread.
- You can add chopped onion, garlic, carrot to the dough for the Greek inhabitants. In this case, they will be tastier and healthier.
Greek is served without a side dish, but the sauce will not be superfluous. It is quite capable of replacing the usual sour cream, which in fact is also a very useful product.
Grechanik with beef liver
- buckwheat - 150 g;
- beef liver - 0, 5 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 0, 2 kg;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- wheat flour, vegetable oil - how much will go.
Method of preparation:
- Pick and wash buckwheat. Fill it with two glasses of water and put on fire. When water boils, add salt. Fire subtract. Boil buckwheat until there is no water left in the pan. Reduce the heat even more and sweat the buckwheat porridge for another 10-15 minutes, making sure that it does not burn. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Rinse the liver. Remove the film veins. Slice the liver into medium sized pieces. Scroll through the meat grinder, alternating with buckwheat. At the same time you need to use about half of buckwheat, the rest should not be crushed.
- Mix the mince with the remaining buckwheat, add spices, salt and egg, mix thoroughly.
- Free the onions from the peel and chop them finely.
- Peel, wash carrots. Blot it with a napkin and finely rub it.
- Mix onions with carrots.
- Heat the oil and fry in it until golden brown onions with carrots. Add half to the mince, leave half to decorate the finished dish.
- Stir the mince again. If its consistency is thinner than homemade sour cream, start adding a little flour to it, stirring everything thoroughly each time.
- When the minced meat thickens sufficiently, heat a clean pan, pour in a sufficient amount of oil.
- Spoon into boiling minced meat. When it is fried on one side to an appetizing crust, turn the Greek on the other side and fry them for another one or two minutes. Put on a napkin so that it absorbs excess fat, and in the meantime, put a new batch of buckwheat fritters in the pan.
It is best to serve Greek Beef Liver with sour cream. Put the remaining onions and carrots on sour cream. If desired, sour cream can be mixed with them immediately.
Greek pans with pork liver are also prepared according to the same recipe, but they will be slightly more nutritious and slightly less useful.
Chicken Liver Grechanik
- buckwheat groats - 0, 3 kg;
- chicken liver - 0, 5 kg;
- sour cream - 0, 3 l;
- onions - 0, 3 kg;
- carrots - 150 g;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave;
- salt, black pepper - to taste;
- wheat flour - how much will leave.
Method of preparation:
- Boil the washed and well moved buckwheat until ready.
- Rinse the liver.
- Peel the onions. Cut half of it into small cubes, cut the rest of the onion into large pieces.
- Pass the liver and coarsely chopped onions through a meat grinder.
- Mix the liver mince with buckwheat.
- Add half sour cream, salt and pepper to the mince. Mix it well.
- Thicken the mince with flour - it should resemble very thick sour cream by its consistency.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Put the dough in it and fry the buckwheat-liver pancakes on both sides until golden brown. Putting it on a napkin, wait until excess oil is drained from the Greek.
- Peel the carrot and grate it large.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a clean skillet. Put the onions and carrots in it. Fry them over low heat until soft.
- Mix the frying with the remaining sour cream.
- Put half the Greek on the dish. Brush them with sour cream sauce, spending about half.
- Put a second layer of buckwheat pancakes on the buckwheat. Smear them with the remaining sour cream sauce.
Grechanik prepared according to this recipe, look like pastries. But in fact, they are much more useful and satisfying than any dessert.
Grechanik with liver are not quite easy to prepare and require a certain skill. But a little practice, they will be able to cook even an inexperienced cook.