Many housewives cook meatballs, because they are relatively inexpensive, have excellent organoleptic qualities, and are popular with both children and adults. Cooking fragrant meatballs does not require great culinary skill, which is another advantage of them. But this dish has one more plus: you can make a huge number of dishes from a variety of products for a side dish of meatballs. Most of them are cooked quickly and easily.
Recipes of dishes that are suitable as a side dish for meatballs, there are many, and there is no uniform technology for their preparation. To obtain the expected result it is important to follow the recommendations accompanying the selected recipe. But when choosing a dish that can be an ideal addition to minced meat balls, difficulties may arise. With the knowledge of which products are best suited for meatballs, it will be much easier to make a choice.
- Meatballs are usually served with a sauce, therefore, as a side dish, they are best suited to dishes that are prepared without sauce or dressing. Not very successful addition to meatballs will be salads with mayonnaise, some variants of vegetable stew.
- For meatballs, it is not necessary to make complex side dishes. Best of all, they are combined with foods that have a simple composition.
- One of the best side dishes for meatballs is mashed potatoes. Especially love this combination of children.
- Potatoes for meatballs can be cooked not only in the form of mashed potatoes. It can be boiled or baked.
- Suitable for meatballs and many other vegetables, especially if they are boiled or baked. You can use zucchini, pumpkin, carrots, beets, eggplant.
- Mashed pumpkin and other vegetables, as well as peas and other legumes can seriously compete with mashed potatoes.
- Crumbly cereals are considered a good addition to meatballs, and buckwheat is particularly well suited to them.
- In many recipes, meatballs are cooked with rice, in this case rice will approach them less than other cereals. In other cases, he will make meatballs a good pair.
- Many people like the taste of meatballs when combined with cauliflower fried in breadcrumbs.
- Macaroni is one of the simplest, but at the same time, successful garnish options for minced meat balls.
Meatballs are usually served with a side dish, but one or another croup is usually included in them, so side dishes are not required. But most people agree that with the addition of cereals and vegetables, meat balls become tastier, and the food itself is much more satisfying.
Calorie dishes: 1370 kcal, per 100 g: 110 kcal.
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- cream - 0, 2 l;
- butter - 50 g;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Wash, peel potatoes. It is better to use mature tubers, in which more starch, mashed potatoes turn out to be more lush. It is only important that they are not spoiled: turned green or rotted.
- Cut the potatoes into large pieces of arbitrary shape, put in a saucepan, cover with water.
- Place the saucepan on the stove, bring the contents to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, removing the foam, then add salt and reduce the intensity of the flame.
- Boil the potatoes until they are completely soft.
- Drain water, add warm cream and melted or at least softened butter to potatoes.
- Mash potatoes with tolkushku or special mixer nozzle. Additionally, mashed potatoes can be whipped with a mixer or blender to make it more tender.
Mashed potatoes are a good addition not only to meatballs, but also to many other meat and fish dishes.
Buckwheat side dish for meatballs
Caloric content of the dish: 1065 kcal, per 100 g: 113 kcal.
- buckwheat - 0, 2 kg;
- water - 0, 5 l;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Reassemble the buckwheat by removing the spoiled grains, pebbles and other debris. Rinse by placing in a bowl and pouring water. Repeat the manipulation until the water drained from the buckwheat stays clean. Let the buckwheat dry a little.
- Boil water in a saucepan, add salt and add spices. Pour buckwheat into the pan and cook it over low heat until there is no liquid left in the pan.
- Scrape, wash carrots. Drain it with a napkin and chop on a grater with large holes.
- Free the onions from the peel, cut it into small cubes.
- Melt butter in a pan, put chopped vegetables in it and fry them until ready.
- Transfer the vegetable frying to the pan with buckwheat, mix.
- Wrap the pot and wait 15-20 minutes for the products to soak in each other's scent.
Buckwheat, seasoned with grilled vegetables, turns out to be tasty by itself. If it is served along with meatballs, there will most certainly not be disgruntled at the table.
Fragrant rice for meatballs to garnish
Caloric value of the dish: 1104 kcal, per 100 g: 138 kcal.
- long grain rice - 0, 25 kg;
- water - 0, 5 l;
- fresh dill - 30 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- salt, a mixture of peppers - to taste.
- Rinse the rice, put it in a saucepan, cover with water and stew over medium heat.
- After boiling water in the pan, cook the rice for 2-3 minutes, removing the froth, then add salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and boil rice until there is almost no water left in the pan.
- Wash, finely chop the dill, add to the rice. Pour a spoonful of butter into the pan with it.
- Stir rice. Remove the pan from the heat, wrap it. Wait 15-20 minutes until the rice swells and softens, at the same time soaked with the scent of fresh herbs.
Rice is most suitable as a side dish for meatballs cooked without adding this cereal. According to the above recipe, it turns out crumbly and very fragrant.
Calorie dishes: 652 kcal, per 100 g: 52 kcal.
- young eggplants - 0, 4 kg;
- young zucchini - 0, 4 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 4 kg;
- Provencal herbs - 10 g;
- salt, black pepper - to taste;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml.
- Wash vegetables. Pat dry with a napkin.
- Cut eggplants into circles about 5 mm thick. Prepare a solution of 20 g of salt and 1 l of water. Dip the eggplants in it and leave for 10-20 minutes. This is necessary in order to rid the “blue ones” of the harmful substance contained in them, which gives them bitterness.
- Rinse the eggplants so they are not too salty, let them dry.
- In roughly the same circles as eggplants, slice tomatoes and zucchini. Tomatoes should be cut with a very sharp knife, best of all special, with small teeth. When using a blunt knife, you will squeeze out too much juice from vegetables.
- Lubricate the form with a small amount of oil. Put vegetables in it, alternating, overlapping each other. Salt, sprinkle with dried herbs, sprinkle with the remaining oil.
- Place the form with vegetables in an oven heated to 180 degrees and bake the vegetables until ready. It will take about 30 minutes.
Vegetables baked according to this recipe are tasty and often served as a separate dish. Having added unpretentious meatballs to such an elegant side dish, you will make them worthy of even a festive table.
Cauliflower fried in breadcrumbs
Caloric content of the dish: 1120 kcal, per 100 g: 147 kcal.
- cauliflower - 0.5 kg;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- breadcrumbs - 100 g;
- salt, spices - to taste;
- refined vegetable oil - how much will go.
- Wash the cabbage, removing all contaminated sites. Disassemble into inflorescences, put in a pan filled with salted or acidified water. Wait 20 minutes. If there are bugs in the cabbage, they will float to the surface. Remove them, wash the cabbage again.
- Boil clean water in a saucepan, lightly salt it.
- Dip cauliflower inflorescences into boiling water, boil them for 4-5 minutes, do not need to bring the cabbage to full readiness.
- Flip the vegetable into a colander to drain the water from it. Allow the cabbage to cool and dry.
- Cut into large florets of cabbage into 2 or even 4 pieces.
- Break eggs into a bowl, whisk them with a whisk.
- Pour the breadcrumbs on the plate.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Take the cabbage inflorescence, dip it in the egg, then in the crackers, again in the egg and again sanded in breadcrumbs. Put the inflorescence in a pan with boiling oil. In a similar way, breach other inflorescences and place them on the pan.
- Fry the cabbage until it is browned on all sides. Remove it from the pan and serve as a side dish for meatballs.
You can also make this side dish from frozen cauliflower. She does not need any preparation, even defrosting. It can be immediately put in boiling water and boil.
Modest, but always welcome meatballs can be served without a side dish, but it is much better to add them with something to make the dish more satisfying and expressive to taste. There are many variations of side dishes that can be offered to meatballs, so that everyone can find a suitable recipe.