Mexican cuisine is popular with anyone who likes spicy dishes. Mexican cuisine is impossible to imagine without fajitos - the original dish of grilled or oil-fried meat and vegetables. Most Mexicans use beef to cook fajitos, but chicken fajitos are also not uncommon here. If you cook it on the grill using the minimum amount of butter, the dish will be nourishing, but not too high in calories. In addition, vegetables will retain almost all their benefits.
Fajitos is similar to some other Mexican dishes that are prepared on a similar basis. But at the same time, the technology of its preparation and submission to the table has its specific features. They need to know to please the guests and household tasty, bright and hearty dish originally from Mexico.
- For some Mexican dishes that have a particular property with fajitos, they use minced meat. For fajitos, only meat cut into thin sticks or straws is suitable. It is almost always pre-pickled, then fried in a hot frying pan. The composition of the marinade to a certain extent depends on the taste of the finished dish. In addition, marinated meat turns out more tender and juicy, so you should not skip this stage, and if you plan to cook a fajitos for dinner, the meat must be marinated in advance, at least an hour before cooking.
- Fahitos is served with Mexican tortillas, which are called tortillas, but not wrapped in stuffing. The filling can be decomposed into flat cakes, leaving the guests the right to choose the sauce and giving them the opportunity to assemble the fajitos themselves, wrapping it in a tortilla. If you follow the tradition, the filling does not even need to distribute the cakes - it is served in a pan. In this case, the dish is poured over tequila and set on fire, although this is not mandatory.
- Serving fajitos, not wrapped in flat cakes, would not make sense if the guests had no choice as to which sauce to use. So fajitos always serve 2-3 sauces, sometimes more. For a change, you can also serve unsweetened yogurt or sour cream, mixing them with chopped greens.
- Tortilla is an important element of fajitos, without which it would not be a complete dish. These flat cakes today are not scarce, they can be purchased in many supermarkets. However, not all Russians have the opportunity to buy ready-made tortillas. In this case, they can be prepared independently from 500 g of wheat flour, one and a half cups of hot water, 100 g of butter and margarine, a teaspoon of baking powder and a tablespoon of salt. To do this, the sifted flour is mixed with the remaining dry ingredients, then the butter is rubbed into it, stirred by hand until crumbs form, then the dough is kneaded, adding a little water. After that, the dough is divided into pieces with a chicken egg and allowed to rest for half an hour. Finally, the dough is rolled into cakes with a diameter of 17-20 cm and fried for a minute in a dry frying pan. Served warm tortillas.
- Of the vegetables, onions and sweet peppers are necessary for fajitos. Most often, Chilean peppers are added to it, as well as other vegetables, such as tomatoes, corn, green beans.
The technology of making fajitos may vary depending on the recipe used, but the general principles are preserved anyway.
Chicken fillet with salsa and gukamole
- chicken fillet - 0, 2 kg;
- tortillas - 4-6 pcs .;
- cherry tomatoes - 0, 2 kg;
- coriander (fresh) - 20 g;
- avocados - 1 pc .;
- Bulgarian pepper of different colors - 0.5 kg;
- onions - 150 g;
- paprika - 5 g;
- unsweetened yogurt - 100 ml;
- lime - 3 pcs .;
- cumin seeds - 10 g;
- cheddar cheese - 25 g;
- hot chilli pepper - 1 pc .;
- salt, black pepper - to taste;
- olive oil - how much will leave.
Method of preparation:
- Wash peppers. Cut off the stems, cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds from them. Pulp cut into strips of 3-4 mm in the entire length of the peppers.
- Wash and dry the chicken breast fillet with a napkin. Cut it along strips of 4-5 mm.
- Peel the bulbs, cut them in half and cut them into 2-3 mm thick semi-rings.
- Put the vegetables and meat in one bowl. Sprinkle with paprika and black pepper. Squeeze the juice from one lime into a bowl. Pour in a tablespoon of olive oil. Stir vegetables and chicken fillet. Put in the fridge for an hour.
- Wash hot peppers. Cut off the stem, cut the pod lengthwise. Remove the seeds. The pepper itself is very finely chopped.
- Wash tomatoes. Cut the seals in the stalk area, cutting each tomato into 4 pieces. Cut each part across into several pieces.
- Wash, shake off the coriander. Slice it together with the stalks. You can not cut it too small.
- Fold the tomatoes and hot peppers in a bowl. Pour coriander into it. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of black pepper. Squeeze the juice from the lime in a bowl, mix. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cut the avocado in half. Spoon remove the pulp, separating it from the skin. Mash the pulp with a fork.
- Place 3 tablespoons of pickled tomatoes over the avocado.
- Squeeze avocado juice from one lime, after washing it out and cutting it in half.
- Mash everything together with a fork.
- Separately, blender chili peppers and a mixture of them with avocado. In the first bowl you will have salsa, in the second - gukamole sauce.
- Heat cumin seeds in a frying pan. Cook them for 2-3 minutes. Then shift it to the mortar and ceiling them well.
- Finely rub the cheese.
- Warm up tortillas in a pan.
- Heat the grill pan. Lightly oil it with olive oil. Put in the pan a portion of chicken breast and vegetables, with which she marinated. While stirring, fry them for 5-7 minutes, then remove from the pan and fry the next batch on it. Continue until all the vegetables and meat pieces are fried. Pour them with half lime juice.
- Spread a mixture of vegetables and grilled chicken meat on flat cakes. Sprinkle with crushed cumin seeds and chopped cheese.
Sauces should be served separately. Yoghurt is also served separately, with fajitos eating those who are not too keen on spicy dishes, as well as children.
Simple chicken fajitos recipe
- chicken fillet - 0, 4 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- Bulgarian pepper of different colors - 0, 7 kg;
- canned corn (in grains) - 100 g;
- lime - 2 pcs .;
- olive oil - 50 ml;
- ground chilli - 2-3 g;
- ground cumin - 5 g;
- fresh spinach, lettuce leaves - to taste;
- sauces (in assortment) - to taste;
- tortillas - how many will leave (4-8 pieces).
Method of preparation:
- Wash and dry chicken fillet. Cut each piece in half lengthwise.
- Mix in a separate container the juice from one lime, olive oil, spices.
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the mixture.
- After an hour, fry the chicken in a grill pan, giving 7-8 minutes to each side. Wrap each piece in a napkin. Cover with a plate and a towel. It is necessary that the chicken is not cooled.
- Pepper wash. Remove the stalks and seeds. Cut the peppers into shallow straws.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, cut into half rings.
- Fry the vegetables in a frying pan, brushing with a little oil if necessary.
- Spread the chicken breasts, cut them into strips and mix with vegetables.
- Pour juice from half lime. Put on a dish.
Separately serve sauces, salad and spinach so that everyone can collect fajitos to their liking. Do not forget to file tortillas.
Chicken Fajitos is an inexpensive and easy-to-cooked dish that is suitable for both everyday dinner and for treating friends who suddenly come to visit.