Milk is not always drunk while fresh. It happens that a lot of it remains, but it has already begun to turn sour. Do not rush to pour out this product only because it can not be cooked porridge or cocoa, you can not whiten their coffee or tea. It can be used to make various types of dough. Many housewives make delicious pancakes on it, others use it for delicious baking. Dough in sour milk can be made for fried and baked pies, sweet or unsweetened. It is kneaded with or without yeast. Whatever plan your cakes, it's easy for them to choose the right flour base mixed with sour milk.
Recipes for patty dough on sour milk can be of varying degrees of complexity, however, the novice cook will cope with its preparation if he knows and takes into account a few moments.
- Sour milk must be distinguished from spoiled milk. It has a slightly sour smell, not repulsive. Missing milk smells harsh and unpleasant. For the preparation of dough using sour, but not missing milk.
- The higher the quality of the flour, the tastier the baking. A second-rate product gives the product a gray color and a specific taste. The difference in price between high-quality and second-rate flour is not so great as to save on this product.
- Flour must be sieved before combining with other products. Experienced bakers do it even 2-3 times. The purpose of this manipulation is not only to rid the product of small litter and insect larvae. The main task is to saturate the flour with oxygen. After sifting, it becomes easier, such flour combines well with other components, without forming lumps. The dough made from such flour rises well. Baking from it turns out tender and airy.
- When making dough for pies, it is necessary to use products of exactly the temperature specified in the recipe. They are usually required to be heated to at least room temperature. To do this, remove the food from the refrigerator half an hour before the dough is made. For yeast dough, sour milk must be heated to at least 30 degrees. This should be done carefully to prevent the separation of yogurt into cottage cheese and whey. To prevent the milk from curdling, it is heated in a water bath or allowed to stand near a warm stove for an hour.
- The dough for fried pies is made a little more liquid than for baked ones. Other significant differences recipes for the preparation of dough for them do not have. And those and other cakes can be made from unleavened or yeast dough, with or without the addition of eggs.
- Yeast dough is cooked longer, but baking from it turns out to be more lush. If you want to make yeast pie dough, but there is no time to wait until the dough comes, you can use instant yeast - they raise the dough several times faster than normal.
The technology for preparing dough for sour milk patties may vary, depending on the specific recipe. By following the instructions accompanying the selected recipe, you will not make mistakes and get exactly the result you are counting on.
Simple yeast dough on sour milk for patties
- wheat flour - 0, 85 kg;
- dry yeast - 10 g;
- sour milk - 0.5 liters;
- water - 50 ml;
- sugar - 30 g;
- salt - 5 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 60 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Water boil, cool to 35 degrees.
- Pour sugar, salt and yeast into water. Stir to achieve complete dissolution of sugar and salt.
- Wait 10-15 minutes until the yeast is working. The fact that they are activated will be indicated by the appearance of a foam cap.
- Pour the leaven into the bowl. Add sour milk, preheating it to 28-32 degrees. Stir.
- Sift flour. Approximately half of it in a bowl with the rest of the products. Mix thoroughly to prevent the formation of flour lumps.
- Pour in the butter, stir the dough.
- Add the remaining flour. Stir as much as possible. Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and complete the kneading process with your hands.
- Put the dough in a large saucepan, cover with a damp cloth and place in a warm place. Wait until the dough will increase about 2 times.
- Break the dough to release gas bubbles. Wait for re-raising.
After the dough rises a second time, you can knead it and make cakes out of it. This version of the pastry dough is universal, suitable for products with sweet and savory fillings.
Butter Yeast Dough Pie on Sour Milk
- wheat flour - 0.5 kg;
- sour milk - 0, 2 l;
- sugar - 15 g;
- dry instant yeast - 7 g;
- salt - a pinch;
- butter - 100 g;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs.
Method of preparation:
- Heat sour milk to about 30 degrees.
- Sift flour, separate the glass.
- Add sugar, salt and yeast to the sprinkled flour, mix.
- Combine dry mix with yoghurt. Stir well to get a uniform consistency.
- Wrap a bowl with brew with cling film and place in a warm place. Watch the brew. As soon as it rises and is about to fall, proceed to the next stage.
- Cut the butter into small pieces, melt it in a water bath or in a microwave. Melt the butter can be on low heat, it is only important not to let it boil.
- Cool the oil to room temperature, pour to a dough, mix.
- Shake the eggs in a separate container. Send the egg mass to other products.
- Stir the resulting mixture until smooth. At this stage, you can use the mixer by installing special nozzles for the test on it.
- Combine the liquid mass with the remaining flour. Knead soft, but not sticky dough.
- Put the dough in a saucepan, cover with a towel and leave for about half an hour. During this time, the dough will rise and be ready for use.
Dough for instant yeast rises quickly, but it also starts to deteriorate soon. It should be used immediately, as soon as it increases in volume by 2 times.
Unleavened dough on sour milk for patties
- wheat flour - 0, 6 kg;
- sour milk - 0, 25 l;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- salt - 2 g;
- sugar - 5 g;
- baking powder for dough - 5 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 20 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Remove sour milk and eggs from the refrigerator beforehand so that they warm up to room temperature.
- Break the egg into a bowl, add salt and sugar to it, beat with a whisk.
- Pour sour milk into an egg bowl, add butter, beat the products together.
- Mix sifted flour with baking powder. Combine it with a liquid base and knead the dough. It should be soft, but not sticky.
The dough prepared according to this recipe can be used to make patties immediately after kneading.
From the dough with sour milk, tasty and tender cakes are obtained. The filler for them can be taken sweet or savory. Pastry dough with sour milk is suitable for fried and baked products. It can be put on yeast or kneaded without yeast. The choice depends on the culinary preferences of the culinary specialist and the time he has.