Fritters like almost everyone. They can be served for tea or as an independent dessert. They are tasty in themselves, but with sour cream, condensed milk, syrup are especially attractive. You can make them from sweet and savory dough. It can be yeast and bland. Knead it can be on water, milk, dairy products. The dough for pancakes on milk is the most tender, it is considered a classic, but it also has many cooking options. If you are just starting to master the culinary arts and make pancakes for the first time, you should take a closer look at the recipes below.
An experienced chef will say that there is absolutely nothing difficult in making dough for fritters on milk: dilute the yeast with a warm liquid, add sugar, wait for the reaction to appear, add other ingredients, remove the dough in a warm place and wait for it to rise. Every time experienced chefs get an equally good result, not thinking about how much flour to add, how long to knead the dough, how to activate the yeast correctly and how not to miss the moment when it is time to bake pancakes so that the dough is not sour. All actions worked out to automatism, but initially and professionals had to repeatedly compare their actions with the instructions for preparing dough for fritters on milk. This process is simple, but it has many subtleties, without the knowledge of which it is impossible to get the expected result.
- You should not expect that you will get lush and tasty pancakes from low-grade flour. Second-grade flour gives dishes a grayish shade and an unpleasant taste.
- Sifting flour before kneading dough is not a whim, but mandatory manipulation. Experienced cooks are not lazy to do it even 2-3 times. The main goal of this manipulation is not to rid the product of small litter and insect larvae, but to saturate it with oxygen. After sifting flour becomes light, it is easier to combine with other components, preventing the formation of lumps. Dough from sifted flour rises faster, baking from it turns out much more tender and airy than from wholemeal.
- Yeast dough can be made on the basis of pressed live yeast or dry. Normal dry yeast is equivalent to pressed yeast, but there are also fast-acting dry yeast, the dough on which rises several times faster.
- To activate the yeast, a warm, sweetened with sugar liquid is needed. Its optimum temperature is from 30 to 40 degrees. The hotter liquid “cooks” the yeast, in a cold environment, it simply does not work.
- To make the dough fit, it is left in a warm place. At this time it can not be disturbed. Afraid of dough and drafts. After the first raising, the dough is stirred, waiting for it to rise again, and only after that it will be ready for making fritters.
- Fritters can be made not only from yeast dough. Unleavened dough on milk can also be the basis for a lush baking, if you add baking powder or soda vinegar to it. This dough is used immediately after cooking, so that the neutralization reaction does not finish, during which bubbles form in the dough, raising it during the preparation of the fritters.
Dough for fritters in milk can be prepared using several recipes, each of which has its own advantages. From the yeast dough products are more fluffy, but fresh is prepared faster.
Yeast dough for fritters on milk
- milk - 0, 75 l;
- wheat flour - 0, 5 kg;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs .;
- sugar - 60 g;
- salt - 5 g;
- dry yeast - 10 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 60 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Heat the milk to about 35 degrees, pour it into a container in which you plan to cook the dough.
- Pour sugar, salt and dry yeast into warm milk. Mix well to achieve dissolution of the dry components.
- Wait 10-15 minutes for the yeast to activate. This will indicate the appearance on the surface of the milk foam.
- In a separate container, break the eggs, shake them, transfer the egg mass to the container with the leaven. There also pour the oil.
- Beat the mixture until smooth. This can be done with a whisk or mixer. If you decide to resort to the help of kitchen appliances, install a better nozzle designed for kneading dough. If your appliance is not equipped with such nozzles, you can beat the dough with regular ones.
- Sift flour. Better to do it twice.
- Pouring flour to a liquid base in small portions and each time stirring it until smooth, prepare a dough that is thick in consistency like sour cream.
- Pour the dough into a high saucepan: it will rise strongly.
- Place the container of dough in a warm place, cover with a cloth.
- After an hour, stir the risen dough and wait for it to rise again.
After that, you can heat the butter in a pan, spread the dough on it with spoons and fry the pancakes. They will be very lush and tasty, even without a sweet sauce, but with condensed milk, sour cream or yogurt will be even more tasty.
Fresh dough for fritters on milk
- wheat flour - 0, 3 kg;
- milk - 0, 25 l;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- refined vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- baking powder for dough - 10 g;
- salt - a pinch.
Method of preparation:
- In the bowl, break an egg, add salt to it, beat with a whisk.
- Add milk to the egg mass. It is not necessary to heat it, but it should not be cold either. If you take the milk out of the refrigerator one hour before the dough is made, it will have time to reach the right temperature.
- Beat the products with a whisk to make the liquid uniform.
- In parts, enter the flour, pre-sifted and mixed with baking powder, carefully stirring the dough each time to prevent the formation of lumps.
- When the dough reaches the consistency of a very thick cream, the flour must be stopped to add, no matter how much it remains.
- Pour butter into the dough, whisk with a whisk or a mixer with a special nozzle for the dough.
The dough made according to this recipe should be used to make pancakes immediately. It is spread in boiling oil with a spoon, cover the pan with a lid, waiting for bubbles to appear on top of the dough. After that fritters turn and fry until tender. According to the recipe, fritters are not sweet, they are recommended to be poured over with sweet sauce or powdered with sugar before serving.
Dough for fritters on milk without eggs
- wheat flour - 0, 2 kg;
- milk - 0, 25 l;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- sugar - 20 g;
- soda, quenched with vinegar - 5 g;
- salt - a large shchipot;
- sugar - 20 g.
Method of preparation:
- Milk, warmed to room temperature or slightly stronger, pour into a bowl.
- Put sugar and salt in a bowl with milk, stir well.
- Add sifted flour and mix the products. The dough should turn out homogeneous, not containing lumps.
- Add the vinegar-baked soda and oil, mix.
This pancake dough recipe is simple and economical, but it guarantees a good result.
The dough for the fritters in milk can be yeast and unleavened. Both options allow you to cook delicious products. From yeast dough, they are more lush, kneading fresh water takes less time and effort.