The price of salted and fresh lard has a huge difference, and it is many times higher than the cost of a pack of salt.
Yes, yes, because salt is the main ingredient, and spices are a matter of taste, and in any kitchen they will always be found.
Let's save and salt the fat yourself!
It's so easy and there are so many wonderful recipes!
Salt lard at home - general principles
The taste and quality of salted lard is directly dependent on the product. It is better not to use too fat or too thin fat. But the layers and pieces of meat are welcome! With them it turns out not only beautiful, but also amazingly tasty.
What are some salting methods:
• in brine;
The fastest way to cook lard. And after an hour you can eat it, but often left to cool completely in the broth. Cold wet and dry salting on average takes 4-5 days. But the smaller and thinner the pieces, the faster.
Salt is suitable only large. You can use the sea. Of the spices in the fat most often put pepper, cumin, bay leaves. And, of course, garlic. Ready fat can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer, and in order to keep it in flavor and aroma, it needs to be sealed. It is better to take one piece so that it is more convenient to use and immediately get the right amount.
Recipe 1: How to pickle fat at home using the dry method
A simple way to salting lard at home. Does not require much time and much more attention. Before use, you will only need to clean off a layer of salt with a knife. You can rinse and dry.
• about a kilogram of fat;
• black pepper;
• 1 kg of salt.
You can use any seasoning or special spice mixes for salting.
1. Prepare the fat. We clean the skin, wash, wipe dry. Cut the same pieces. The size does not matter, it is possible to salt and one layer. But it is more convenient to immediately cut the rectangles “at once”. 2. Mix the coarse salt with pepper and other spices, roll the pieces of lard from all sides, including sprinkle the skin.
3. At the bottom of the pan pour a layer of salt with half a centimeter.
4. Lay out the pieces of fat, not very tight to each other, leaving small gaps. Sprinkle with salt and spices, you can add a couple of leaves of laurel.
5. We lay out the second soy fat, pour out the remains of salt from above, cover and keep warm for 24 hours. Then we ship for another 5 days in the fridge. It is possible in a good basement.
6. Ready fat is well preserved in a cold place. But you can hermetically pack and put in the freezer, thereby extending the shelf life several times.
Recipe 2: How to pickle fat at home in brine (brine)
The fast and easy way that salted lard at home, many housewives. It is advisable to take sea salt for brine, but it is also possible to use the usual coarse grinding. Especially tasty for this recipe is fat with layers.
• 800 grams of water;
• kilogram of fat;
• 1 cup of sea or salt;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• 2 leaves of laurel;
• pepper peas, you can and other seasonings.
1. Cut the washed and dried lard into pieces of 4-5 centimeters.
2. Dissolve the salt, mix it vigorously. Krupinok should not remain. We throw spices, chopped chives.
3. Put the pieces of fat in a jar, pour the brine. We stand in the refrigerator for a day and you can remove the first sample. If the pieces are cut larger, you will have to wait longer.
Recipe 3: How to pickle fat at home with garlic and pepper
Salt is salted at home in different ways, but most often the product is richly flavored with pepper and garlic, as they perfectly emphasize its taste. In the villages, boxes and barrels are used for cooking, but we will make it easier.
• black pepper.
1. Cut the bacon into random pieces, wash it beforehand and wipe it with towels.
2. Peel the garlic. The quantity is any. Cut the teeth lengthwise into four parts. 3. Make cuts in fat and stuff with garlic.
4. Mix the salt with black pepper and rub the pieces. Salt do not regret.
5. Fold the packed pieces into the bag and pour more salt on top, let it be more.
6. Now put the bag in a bowl or pot, keep one day warm, and then another five in the refrigerator. That's all!
Recipe 4: How to pickle fat at home with onion peel
The way hot salki sala, which allows not only to quickly get the product, but also makes it very beautiful. And if you add liquid smoke, you get a fairy tale. Husk take from onions.
• fat 1.5 kg;
• salt 7 spoons;
• water liter;
• 2 husk husks;
• garlic and pepper.
1. Husk need to rinse, put in a saucepan, add fire and put on the stove. Use some old saucepan, as it will stain inside.
2. Cut the bacon into pieces with a side of 5 cm, the length can be made longer.
3. We throw salt in a pan. And as soon as the broth leaves for a moment, add pieces of bacon. You can pour 3 spoons of liquid smoke. Cook for 15-20 minutes. The thicker it is, the more time.
4. Remove from heat and leave for 12 hours.
5. Take out the pieces, rub with chopped garlic and pepper. You can use red, black or a mixture.
6. Wrap each piece with cling film or foil and put it in the freezer. But you can eat right away, just in the chamber it lays perfectly for several months and does not lose its taste at all.
Recipe 5: How to pickle hot brine at home
Very tasty for this recipe is brisket, on which a large number of meat layers is concentrated. Cooking takes about four days, then the fat is stored in the freezer.
• 0.8 kg of fat;
• 7 tablespoons of salt;
• litere of water;
• 4 laurels;
• 5 peppercorns;
• 2 cloves;
• a little garlic.
For rubbing the pieces need pepper, garlic, you can take horseradish and any seasoning. We select at our discretion. But you can generally do not rub.
Cooking 1. Cut the fat into 3-4 pieces. Wash, dry.
2. Cook the pickle with spices, which are listed in the recipe. You can remove or add something. We do it to your taste, but we do not change the amount of salt. Give the brine to simmer for two minutes.
3. Fill with boiling water lard, put a plate on top so that it does not float, and leave to cool completely at room temperature.
4. Then remove for three days in the fridge. So that the fragrance does not spread to other products, you can cover or stretch the food film.
5. Take out the pieces, wipe with paper napkins from brine. You can simply dry on the table, laid out on paper.
6. Then rub with chopped garlic with spices, twist into foil and send in storage in the freezer.
Recipe 6: How to pickle fat at home for smoking
Smoked lard is incredibly delicious. But before the procedure is very important to properly prepare the product, namely salt.
• 1.5 kg of fat;
• 200 grams of salt;
• 2 leaves of laurel;
• ground pepper;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• 1 tsp. dry mustard.
1. Count the garlic, cut into pieces.
2. Rub the fat with salt and pepper, transfer to the container. Wrap garlic cloves on top, pour out all the salt.
3. We throw bay leaves, pour in mustard.
4. Fill with boiling water. Water should slightly cover the fat.
5. Leave to cool, then send for three days in the fridge. Lard, salted in this recipe, you can not only smoke, but there is salty.
Recipe 7: How to pickle fat at home with sugar
This is a Belarusian recipe according to which you can pickle absolutely any fat. Tasty pieces with and without interlayers are obtained.
• 3 tablespoons of salt;
• 0.7 kg of fat;
• 0.5 spoons of cumin seeds;
• 1 spoon of sugar;
• 0.5 tsp. cardamom;
• 1 leaf of laurel;
• garlic head
• pepper to taste.
1. Through the press skip peeled garlic cloves.
2. Wash the bacon pieces, cut into long, but not wide sticks. It is enough to leave a width of 2-3 centimeters. 3. Wip the pieces of chopped garlic.
4. We combine all the spices together, we also add a bay leaf there, which must be finely broken.
5. After garlic, wipe off the slices of cooked seasoning, put them in a glass bowl and remove them in a cool place.
6. Daily turn the pieces on the other side. Only 4 times so that the bars lie on each side and you can take a sample on the fifth day!
Salt lard at home - tips and tricks
• Do not be afraid to perealt fat! This is a unique product that only absorbs the amount of salt. And the extra spices from the surface of the pieces can always be cleaned or washed off.
• For dry salting it is better not to use the peritoneum. It turns tough, the snack will be hard to chew. Peritoneum is best with brines and boiling. For dry recipes, the side carcass and back are ideal.
• It is better to rub garlic and ready-to-eat lard. During storage and especially freezing, the aroma is lost, and the taste becomes less pronounced.
• To make the fat more tender, you can soak the slices in water for 10-12 hours before salting. You can add a couple of tablespoons of sugar to the water, the taste of the product will only make it better.
• To make a nice, neat and thin cut lard, you need to hold it in the freezer. It will not harden to the end and will easily give in to the knife.
• At the ready fat, the meat layers are darker. If they remain pink, then you need to wait again. If there is little salt on the pieces, you can always fill it up. But the brine is better to do concentrated.