Eggplants are eaten not only salted or fried.
From the blue vegetable you get a wonderful jam.
Delicacy fragrant, rich and very unusual in taste.
No one will guess what they are resting.
Make a surprise for others?
Eggplant Jam - General Cooking Principles
For Armenian jam use small vegetables, often they are laid in the syrup as a whole. In this case, the skin is usually removed. If for the recipe you need to cut the vegetables, then you can leave the tender and young skin. It is very important to remove bitterness from the fruit, it can be done in several ways.
How to remove bitterness:
• soaking in cold water;
• soaking in salted water;
• soda slaking;
• steeping with lime.
Cook the eggplant slices in hot sugar syrup. Citrus, nuts and various spices are often added to them: cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, cardamom or cloves. If you do not like the pieces of spices in the treat, they can be rolled into gauze, and removed at the very end of the preparation. Do not forget to squeeze the bag in order to transfer the entire flavor to the billet.
Armenian eggplant jam with citric acid and cardamom
Recipe for traditional eggplant jam in Armenian. If you can find small fruits, you can not peel the vegetable. Prepare medium-sized vegetables according to the technology below.
• 3 kg of eggplants;
• 1.8 liters of water (for syrup);
• 1 tsp. citric acid;
• 1 tsp. cardamom;
• 1 tsp. cinnamon;
• 4.5 kg of sugar;
• 1 stud star.
1. Eggplants need to be peeled from the blue skin. Very small fruits can be used with the skin.
2. Transfer to a deep saucepan, cover with cold water, cover with a damp cloth and cover with limestone. Leave for two hours. If there is no limestone, you can simply soak it in ice water or add baking soda to the water.
3. Rinse the eggplants, pierce in several places, boil five minutes in boiling water. Drain into a colander. Large fruits can be cut. 4. Boil syrup from recipe water with sand, add eggplants, cook jam for exactly 30 minutes. Cover with a lid, cool.
5. Turn on the heat again, add citric acid, cardamom and cinnamon. Cloves better crushed into powder.
6. Boil the jam until cooked, on average it will take another 30-40 minutes. Spread hot treat in jars or cool and just put in the fridge.
Eggplant jam with lemon
Option of very fragrant eggplant jam. For it uses only small fruits, up to ten centimeters long.
• 8-10 eggplants;
• 400 g of sugar;
• glass of water;
• 1 lemon;
• pinch of cinnamon.
1. At eggplants tips are removed, each vegetable is pierced with a knife through in the central part, keeps within a saucepan.
2. Add a handful of salt, cover with water, leave for an hour.
3. Change the water to clean, wash the salt well, squeeze the fruit.
4. Blanch the eggplants for a minute in boiling water.
5. Boil the syrup with sugar and water, add the chopped zest and blanched eggplants. Boil a quarter of an hour. Cool it down.
6. As soon as the jam becomes cold, boil for a quarter of an hour again and cool.
7. Squeeze out the juice from citrus, add to eggplants, pour cinnamon. Boil the treat for another 15-20 minutes, and it's ready!
Armenian eggplant jam with nuts
Another recipe for making jam in Armenian. Walnut kernels are added to it, peanuts will not work.
• 1 kg of eggplants;
• 1 kg of sugar;
• 1 glass of nuts;
• 2 spoons of lemon juice;
• Cinnamon and cardamom to taste.
1. Eggplants need to be cleaned, cut into large pieces at least 2 centimeters, put in a pan, soak in cold water. Periodically, the fluid needs to be changed.
2. After 2 hours, the pieces need to be squeezed well.
3. Mix the sugar with 400 ml of water. Boil a rich syrup, add the eggplants after boiling.
4. Boil the jam for 30 minutes, be sure to remove the foam when boiling eggplant. 5. Leave the jam to cool for at least 5 hours. Eggplants should be well soaked with syrup.
6. At this time, you can do nuts. Kernels need to sort out, remove all debris. Then chop into pieces, but not very finely. At the request of the kernel can be dried in the oven, but it is important not to overcook and not to burn.
7. Add the nuts to the jam, add the cinnamon and pour in the lemon juice. You can replace it with half a teaspoon of concentrated dry acid.
8. Put a delicacy on the stove, cook for another 30 minutes, remove for storage.
Eggplant jam with blanking
A variant of simple eggplant jam, which is prepared with slaked baking soda. This technique relieves the vegetable from bitterness and a specific taste.
• 2 kg of eggplants;
• 2.4 kg of sugar;
• 2 tsp. with mountain soda;
• 1 tsp. cardamom;
• cinnamon, cloves to taste;
• 0.5 tsp. citric acid.
1. Use small vegetables. Peel them, fold them into a deep pan.
2. In a bowl, pour baking soda, pour a glass of boiling water. As soon as the reaction takes place, you need to mix the hydrated soda with seven glasses of cold water.
3. Pour the cooked solution of eggplants, close the pan, leave for six hours. You can put a small yoke on the vegetables so that they are completely submerged in water.
4. After six hours you can boil the syrup from 1.5 liters of water and prescription granulated sugar.
5. Eggplants should be pressed, rinsed in clean water, put into syrup. Boil 30 minutes, leave for ten hours.
6. Put it back on the stove, add spices, citric acid, cook jam for another hour. If necessary, time can be increased.
Armenian eggplant jam with oranges
Another recipe for Armenian jam. This delicacy is prepared from pieces of eggplant, so the size and shape of vegetables do not matter much.
• 1 kg of eggplants;
• 2 oranges;
• 1.4 kg of sugar;
• 400 ml of water;
• 2 star studs;
• pinch of cardamom;
• 1 stick vanilla.
Cooking 1. Cut the washed, peeled eggplants into blocks, can be crumbled into small cubes. Soak an hour in salted water, then rinse, squeeze well.
2. Remove the rind from the washed oranges, but do not chop. Squeeze out of citrus juice, the bones in it should not fall.
3. Pour the prescription water into the saucepan, add orange juice and sugar, cook the syrup.
4. Place the eggplant slices into it, heat further.
5. In a piece of gauze, put all the spices and zest, tie a bundle, throw the bag into the jam.
6. When boiling remove the foam, cook another 20 minutes. Cool the treat for five hours, the pieces of vegetable should be soaked with syrup.
7. Put the saucepan back on the stove, boil for another twenty minutes. Spoon catch a bag of spices, with another spoon or spatula squeeze well.
8. Spread boiling sweetness in jars, roll or cool, cover with capron naps, store in the refrigerator.
Eggplant jam with chocolate
Recipe for an unusual, but autumn tasty jam with the addition of chocolate. Delicacy is very similar to confiture, it turns out thick, rich. Fresh ginger is also needed for cooking.
• 1 kg of eggplants;
• 1 kg of sugar;
• 250 g chocolate (70% cocoa);
• juice of 1 lemon;
• 50 g of ginger root.
1. Eggplants can not be peeled, if the skin is delicate and thin. Rinse the blue ones, cut into cubes one centimeter, put in a bowl, soak in ice water. Rinse.
2. Cook sugar and 300 grams of water syrup, add eggplants.
3. Remove the foam when boiling.
4. After half an hour, add lemon juice and grated ginger root, simmer another 40 minutes.
5. Remove the mass from the heat, add the grated chocolate. Intensively stir the mass with a spatula until all the pieces are completely dissolved.
6. Jam is ready. If you want to keep it for the winter, then lay out a hot delicacy in jars of 0.5 liters.
7. Cover with lids, put in a saucepan, covered with a kitchen towel.
8. Pour into the pot so much boiling water that he reached the jars to 2/3 of the height. Turn on the stove, sterilize the treat a quarter of an hour after boiling. 9. Carefully remove the jars from the pan, roll up the lids, store for storage.
Twisted eggplant jam with lemon
Another recipe for fragrant eggplant jam, which is prepared very simply and relatively quickly. It can be rolled up for the winter or just stored in the refrigerator.
• 2 lemons;
• 1.2 kg of sugar;
• 300 ml of water;
• 1 kg of eggplants.
1. Wash vegetables, chop them with plates, cover with cold water. Leave for an hour.
2. Cut the lemon into pieces, remove all the bones from the citrus.
3. Mix the sugar and water in a saucepan, put on a small fire, let while the grains dissolve.
4. Squeeze the eggplants out of the water, twist through the meat grinder together with the lemon.
5. Transfer the resulting mass to the sugar with water, now you can add fire.
6. Cook a treat for an hour. To taste can add cinnamon. When foam appears on the surface, it should be removed with a clean spoon.
Eggplant Jam - Tips and Tricks
• So that the jam is not sugared during storage, and the syrup turned out to be transparent, the sugar syrup needs to be heated slowly, the grains need to dissolve until the mass boils.
• How to determine the readiness of jam? In fact, everything is simple! If the foam has ceased to disperse at the edges and the bubbles are collected in the center of the pelvis, then the treat is ready!
• To make the jam well preserved, you need to put a circle of parchment dipped in alcohol in a jar before rolling. There is no chance for mold!