Solyanka soup - general principles and methods of cooking
You may be surprised, but in the past, the hodgepodge, now a popular restaurant dish, was a typical country dish. This is evidenced even by its name, which at first sounded like a “villager”. It was prepared simply by mixing the remains of various products for boiling. This principle of cooking solyanka, having changed over time in detail, remained the same: at least four types of boiled or roasted meat or sausages, sausages, etc. are used to prepare it. cucumbers, onions and carrots, tomato paste, olives. Before serving, the dish is usually decorated with a slice of lemon.
However, for cooking solyanka use not only meat. There is also a hodgepodge fish, cabbage hodgepodge, hodgepodge with mushrooms, vegetable hodgepodge, Georgian hodgepodge, homemade hodgepodge.
Solyanka soup - food preparation
Preparing products for solyanka depends on the recipe. For example, if it is a meat hodgepodge, then the meat should be well washed, peeled off and cut into slices. Sausages, sausages and other meat products should be finely cut into cubes.
When making mushroom solyanka, fresh mushrooms should be washed and cut into thin slices, and dried mushrooms should be washed in several waters and soaked overnight. Then boil and also cut into thin slices.
Vegetables, which are used to make solyanka, should be peeled and chopped: chop the potatoes into large cubes, finely chop the onion, and chop the carrots.
Solyanka soup - the best recipes
Recipe 1: Hodgepodge national team soup
The meat solyanka team is a very rich and fragrant soup cooked in meat broth, in which meat, smoked meat, sausage and sausages are added. The classic recipe for the hodgepodge does not provide for the use of potatoes, but our housewives add some potatoes to the soup to make it more rich and thick. After all, the hodgepodge is so good that it allows the addition of any products that combine well with each other to taste. Ingredients:
300 gr. beef;
200 gr. cooked smoked sausage;
200 gr. any smoked meat;
3 pickled cucumbers;
1 onion and carrot;
3 tbsp. l tomato paste;
jar of olives;
a few slices of lemon;
to taste salt, greens.
1. Cook the beef, then, taking almost finished meat, cut it into small pieces and return to the broth.
2. Onions and pickled cucumbers finely chopped, carrots chopped with a large grater. Then fry the onions and carrots in vegetable oil, then add the pickles to them and fry them all together, adding also tomato paste.
3. The resulting zazharku shift in broth with meat and cook everything on a small fire.
4. Finely chop smoked meat with sausage and sausages, then fry in vegetable oil.
5. Potatoes finely cut and add to the broth.
6. Cut the lemon into thin slices, chop the greens.
7. Add to the soup the meat products that we fry earlier, and cook the soup over a low heat.
8. At the end of cooking, add olives (along with the brine) and prepared lemons with greens. Turning off the ready hodgepodge, cover with a lid and let the soup stand.
Recipe 2: Fish hog soup
A wonderfully tasty and healthy dish that has all the advantages of solyanka: a delicious aroma, satiety, a beautiful appearance. Those who love fish dishes will definitely appreciate this recipe. However, and not only they.
500 gr. salmon fillet;
1 can of canned olives;
300 gr. salmon trim;
4 pickled cucumbers;
2 tbsp. l tomato paste;
to taste salt, black pepper peas;
1. Put in the pan trim from salmon and pour 3 liters of hot water. Then bring to a boil and, adding bay leaf with black peppercorns, cook the broth until done. After removing from heat, filter through gauze. 2. Cut the pickled cucumbers into small cubes. Peeled potatoes cut into large cubes. Clean and finely chop the onion. Salmon fillet cut into small pieces. Lemon wash and cut into slices, removing bones.
3. After heating the vegetable oil in a pan, fry the onion and pickled cucumbers there. After adding the tomato paste, fry the vegetables for a few more minutes with constant stirring. Put potatoes with broiled vegetables in a saucepan with broth and bring to a boil again.
4. We send salmon fillet pieces there and boil the hodgepodge until ready, then add the olives together with the liquid, add salt, add the spices, bring to the boil again and add lemon slices. After removing from heat, let it brew under a closed lid for about 15 minutes. Then pour into plates, adding to each finely chopped greens.
Recipe 3: Mushroom Soup Soup
Very tasty and fragrant soup, which certainly will not leave indifferent mushroom lovers. However, it should be remembered that dried mushrooms for its preparation should be prepared in advance.
300 gr. champignons or any fresh mushrooms;
50 gr. dried mushrooms (better than white);
2 tbsp. l tomato paste;
1 tbsp. l flour;
2 pickled cucumbers;
jar of olives;
to taste salt, pepper, bay leaf;
7 cherry tomatoes (optional);
1. Dry mushrooms well washed in several waters and soaked for several hours, and better - at night. When we begin to prepare the hodgepodge, boil them until cooked.
2. Peel and finely chop the onion, then, heating the oil in a saucepan, fry the onion to transparency.
3. Grate the carrots on a coarse grater, fry with the onion for a few minutes.
4. Adding tomato paste with flour to onions and carrots, mix, add liquid, in which we boiled dried mushrooms, cook for about 5 minutes. 5. Slicing cucumbers into small cubes, add them to the vegetables and, mixing everything well, simmer a little more.
6. Cut into thin slices of pre-boiled dry mushrooms, cut the champignons into thin slices and, lightly roasting the mushrooms in vegetable oil, add them to the vegetables in a saucepan, mix. Fill all with hot water (about 2 liters) and, with salt and pepper, boil the soup for about 10 minutes.
7. Then, adding olives and cherry tomatoes, cook a hodgepodge for 5 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with herbs and put in a plate of lemon slice.
Solyanka soup - useful tips from experienced chefs
- When cooking solyanka should not save on ingredients. The more smoked meats and meat products put into it, the tastier the soup will turn out.
- Salty cucumbers for solyanka must be crisp. If you take soft cucumbers, then in the process of cooking, they can simply sprawl, and the dish will no longer have a look.
- When cooking hodgepodge should not be abused seasonings. It must be remembered that she already has a unique aroma, thanks to its smoked meats or other components, and an excess of spices can kill this flavor.