By appearance - pizza with apples, in fact - a delicate dessert, in which the usual thin puff pastry fits on itself twice as many gently baked apples. This is a French apple pie, for the original taste of which you will have to go to the colorful fields and valleys of the south of France.
Well, if you don’t go far, you can make a pie in your kitchen by taking a slice of puff pastry from the store, a couple of apples (preferably French pink) and a spoonful of sugar.
Useful advice - cook two pies at once, because the first can disappear at the speed of light.
- 200 g puff pastry;
- 3-4 ripe apples;
- powdered sugar;
- quail egg - 1 pc.
1. Wash the apples, prepare the dough, and if necessary, let it defrost.
2. Roll out the dough half a centimeter thick, cut out a circle with a diameter of about 30 cm.
3. Peel the apples, cut them into thin layers of the same size.
4. Put the apples gently on the dough so that there is no empty space left.
5. Smear lightly with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar or powdered sugar. Send in the oven for 30 minutes, the temperature is 160 degrees.
6. Once the apples are reddened, it is safe to say that the cake is ready.
7. Cut into portions, sprinkle with powdered sugar. You can decorate with a sprig of mint.