Dough products with cheese are traditional for Southern European countries.
They love them in Greece and Italy, cook on the Mediterranean coast of France.
Cheese is used as a filling, or simply interferes with the dough.
The dough itself is often prepared on fermented milk products such as whey, yogurt, or kefir.
This technology allows you to get a gentle, bubbly dough, very well roasting in a pan. Often when frying cost without adding oil.
Cheese cakes on kefir - general principles of cooking
• Prepare cheesecakes, baking on a baking sheet in the oven, fry in vegetable fat or in a dry frying pan. They can be cooked with or without the filling.
• The dough is kneaded on kefir, to which salt, granulated sugar, a ripper (soda or a special powder - dough baking powder) must be added. Sometimes, instead of a ripper, yeast is used, which is pre-diluted in milk.
• To make the cheesecakes lush, the flour must be sifted through a rare sieve twice. Add it to the liquid base in the last turn, in small portions. This allows you to adjust the density of the dough, which can be both liquid and dense.
• The batter is spread in heated oil with spoons, and the solid is divided into parts and rolled out with a rolling pin. If the cakes are cooked with filling, then they put it on the center of the rolled cake. Then fasten the edges of the dough, sticking them over the filling, and lightly roll out the cake on both sides.
• Cheese take semi-hard or hard varieties. It is rubbed with a grater or cut into small cubes. You can add cottage cheese, suluguni, processed or smoked cheese, cheese to the cheese. Cheese is added to the dough or put in the filling, it all depends on the recipe.
• Cheese tortillas are rarely served as a main course, but they are perfect for fresh vegetable salads. They can replace the bread served to the first and second courses.
Cheese cakes on kefir with a stuffed boiled sausage
• one glass of low-fat kefir; • Refined sugar - just over half of tea. spoons;
• 150 gr. “Kostroma” cheese;
• white baking flour - 2 full glasses;
• half tsp. or a little less - soda;
• vegetable oil for frying bread.
In the filling:
• 200 grams of boiled sausage (without bacon).
1. Preheat the kefir in advance by placing the container under a stream of warm water. Pour the required amount into the mixing container. Add salt, soda, granulated sugar and mix well.
2. On a fine grater in kefir, rub the cheese. Pour all portion of sifted flour at once and knead soft dough that does not stick to hands.
3. Form a sausage out of it and cut it into eight pieces. Roll out the round tortillas, and in the middle place the stuffing from coarsely grated sausage.
4. Cover the edges of the cake, forming a triangle, and fry in heated vegetable oil.
5. It is necessary to fry on medium heat, covered with a lid.
Cheese cakes on kefir, fried in a pan without oil
• 350 gr. white wheat flour;
• one fresh egg;
• butter, frozen, in the dough;
• frozen cream or “Sandwich-like” butter - 50 g;
• 1 tsp. Sahara;
• a glass of high-fat kefir.
In the filling:
• fresh egg - 1 pc.
• 400 gr. “Poshekhonsky” cheese.
1. In a warm kefir break an egg. Put the sugar with salt and, stirring, pour in 2 teaspoons of oil.
2. Pour one glass of twice sifted flour and a little less than 0.5 tablespoons of soda and start kneading. Gradually pour the flour until you get the elastic dough. It may stick a little, but it is good to keep the shape.
3. Loosely cover the bowl with the dough with a cloth and let stand for about half an hour.
4. For the filling, rub cheese into a large crumb and mix it with a raw egg.
5. Sprinkle the table thoroughly with flour. Divide the dough into nine equal pieces and make cakes out of them.
6. In the middle of each place the prepared cheese filling. Lift the edges and close them over the filling in the center.
7. Turn the seam down and roll it out a little with a rolling pin. After that, turn over again and also roll out a little. 8. Heat on a small fire, but do not heat the pan and put the blanks in it. Fry, covered with a lid, until you get a delicate golden hue on both sides. It is not necessary to pour oil into the pan.
Cheese cakes on kefir with greens (in a pan, without butter)
• 250 ml of low-fat kefir;
• 450 gr. wheat flour flour;
• evaporated salt - full teaspoon;
• as a ripper - soda, 1 tsp.
In the filling:
• Kostromskoy cheese - 200 gr .;
• “Suluguni” - 200 gr .;
• young greens to taste;
• large garlic clove.
1. Put the soda in the heated kefir. Stir well and set aside for a quarter of an hour.
2. Add flour, salt and knead the dough. Knead, several times raise the dough and sharply throw on the table - repel. This will make it more resilient, and help avoid gaps when rolling.
3. Transfer the ball-shaped dough into a bag and let it “rest” for 40 minutes.
4. Rub the cheese with a medium grater, and garlic - fine. Chop fresh greens with a knife and mix it with cheese chips and garlic.
5. Shape a not too thin sausage out of dough and divide it into equal pieces. From each hand, sculpt the cakes and put the stuffing on them.
6. Gather a “bag” edge of the dough and close them up well with your fingers. Lightly stretching the “bag” with your hands, make a small cake out of it and carefully roll it out with a rolling pin. The thickness of the billet should not be more than 0.5 cm. When rolling, make sure that the dough does not break through.
7. Put the dry thick-walled frying pan on moderate heat and warm well. Transfer the pancakes to the frying pan and fry, turning them to the opposite side after 4 minutes.
8. During frying, the product may “bubble”. In this case, the cake needs to be raised with a spatula, wait until the air bubbles leave and put it back.
Cheese cakes on kefir in the oven
• flour with high gluten - 400 gr .;
• fine salt, evaporation - 0.5 tsp, and the same amount of soda;
• dense processed cheese; • 1 tsp. unrefined sugar;
• large crumb of “Dutch” cheese - 2/3 cup.
1. Dissolve soda in slightly heated yogurt and mix the foaming mass well. After five minutes, add sugar, salt and mix everything well again.
2. Without stopping stir, add grated cheese. When it is evenly dispersed on kefir, finely rub the melted cheese into the mixture.
3. Then start adding double-seeded flour. Sprinkle in small pieces (one spoon), of course, without interrupting the stirring. Add flour, seeking to obtain a homogeneous dough, almost not sticky to your hands. Cover the bowl with a lid or towel and leave for “distance” for 20 minutes.
4. Sprinkle flour on the table. Divide into three parts dough. From each roll up a sausage with a diameter of 6 cm, which then cut into pieces of 3 cm thickness. Roll out each piece of cake with a centimeter-thick cake and put it on a baking sheet covered with parchment.
5. Spread the cakes over the entire surface with a fork and brush with a tablespoon of sour cream, whipped with yolk and salt.
6. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and place in it a chafing dish with products for 10 minutes.
7. Then transfer the tortillas to a deep saucepan and let stand under the lid closed for 10 minutes.
Quick cheese cakes on kefir from batter
• one and a half glasses of wheat white flour;
• low-fat kefir, fresh - 250 ml;
• 200 gr. “Russian” or any similar cheese;
• 1 tsp. ripper (soda);
• sugar - a full teaspoon.
In the filling:
• 200 gr. sausage cheese (can be smoked “Suluguni”);
• to taste fresh greens and hot peppers.
1. Room temperature kefir mix with half a teaspoon of salt, soda and sugar. Chop hard cheese into small, half-centimeter cubes and mix it with kefir. Cheese can also be grated.
2. Constantly stirring the mixture, enter the flour in small portions and bring the dough to the thickness of fat sour cream.
3. In a small bowl with a large crumb, grate smoked cheese. Add some finely chopped greens, pepper and mix well. 4. On moderate heating in a thick-walled pan, calcine refined oil well.
5. Put the dough into the butter with a large spoon and flatten it with a spoon, giving it the shape of cakes.
6. When the surface of the products starts to “bubble” slightly, put some stuffing on them. After about a minute, pour the dough on it with a spoon so that the cheese is not visible, and wait until the bottom is browned. Flip the cake and browse the other side.
The fastest cheesecakes on kefir with cottage cheese
• cottage cheese - 150 gr .;
• 150 ml of low-fat fresh kefir;
• hard fresh cheese - 150 gr .;
• two tables. spoons of white wheat flour;
• a small bunch of dill;
• 1 tsp. ripper;
• two fresh eggs.
1. On a medium grater, rub hard cheese. Combine cheese chips with cottage cheese and mix well with a fork.
2. Break eggs into the cheese mass and pour kefir. Season with pepper, salt, and continue to stir, add chopped greens.
3. Introduce the flour overpowered with the ripper and continue stirring until all the flour disperses. Flour lumps should not remain.
4. In a small thick-walled frying pan, heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil well. Put a couple of spoons of dough into it and gently level over the entire surface.
5. When the bottom is well-fried, pry and turn the shovel onto the reverse side. Spread the fried cakes on a disposable towel, and only then place on a plate.
Yeast cheese tortillas on kefir in the oven
• 2.5% kefir - 150 ml;
• low fat milk - 150 ml;
• tablespoon of granulated sugar;
• 100 gr. Kostroma cheese;
• 1 tbsp. l granulated yeast;
• white wheat flour - 3.5 cups;
• for a spoon of fine paprika and a mixture of “Provencal herbs”;
• 75 ml of olive, high-quality oil.
1. Separately, lightly heat the milk and kefir.
2. In milk, dissolve the yeast and sugar after it. Stir the mixture well and set aside for a quarter of an hour in the heat.
3. Pour olive oil into kefir, salt with a little less than a teaspoon, and add yeast diluted in milk. Stir, add the whole portion of flour and knead. Cover the bowl with dough with a cloth and place in the heat for about an hour. This is enough to double the volume. 4. When the dough rises well, divide it in two and roll out with a rolling pin into thin, up to 0.5 cm, blanks.
5. Transfer them to a roasting pan moistened with oil, and let go for 20 minutes.
6. When the cakes are suitable, brush them with olive oil. Top with a fine grater rub cheese. Sprinkle with paprika and a mixture of "Provence herbs."
7. Place the roaster in an oven heated to 180 degrees and bake for 20 minutes, taking into account the crust rudiness.
Cheese cakes on kefir - cooking tricks and useful tips
• Kefir and all liquid components of the dough must be of the same temperature - room temperature or slightly warmed.
• Do not heat the kefir on an open fire, it is better to remove it in advance from the refrigerator and place the container in hot water.
• Add soda or ripper directly to kefir or mix with flour before adding it to the liquid.
• To prevent flour from lumping, sprinkle it little by little, stirring after each addition.
• The dough kneaded on kefir will become more elastic, and will not tear when rolling, if after kneading it “beat” several times on a table or bowl.
• Be sure to leave the kefir dough “rest” for a while. It will become softer, and the cakes will be more lush.
• Breadcakes already formed with the cheese filling should be rolled very carefully, otherwise the dough will break through and the cheese will flow out when frying.