Do you want to surprise the guests or please the household with culinary masterpieces?
Then cook the meat with cherries!
Sour berry harmoniously combines with both pork and beef.
Cherry juice nourishes the meat, fill each piece with an unusual aroma and make it incredibly tasty.
Cherry Meat - General Cooking Principles
For fragrant meat with cherries most often use pieces of pork or boneless beef. But any recipe can also be adapted to the bird. For example, duck or chicken, which are also wonderfully combined with berry sauces.
Before cooking, the meat is washed, then carefully dried with napkins. On the pieces should not remain moisture, which will interfere with the penetration of berry juices. You can cut the meat in any pieces, but taking into account the recipe of cooking. Some recipes require a whole piece, which is soaked, scrubbed, rubbed and baked with baked ham.
What cherries are used:
• canned berries in their juice.
Be sure to remove the bone. If the dish is with sauce, then in most recipes it is made from cherry juice. Pure or diluted with broth, water. Ideally, real, squeezed cherries juice is used. But not in season it is difficult to get it, so you can take the purchase from the packs.
Special care is required to add spices. They should not be much, not with all the spices cherry combined. Follow the recipe strictly and in no case do not put ready-made seasonings for meat, kebabs and the like. The dish can be hopelessly spoil.
Recipe 1: Meat with a cherry in a pan
One of the easiest ways to cook meat with cherries. For this dish you need fresh veal, but you can try to cook it with pork or beef. If the meat is not young, then you can marinate the pieces in spices beforehand. Ingredients
• 1 kg of veal;
• 400 grams of cherries;
• 130 grams of plum oil .;
• 3 tablespoons flour;
• 200 ml of cherry juice.
1. We wash berries of cherry, we release from stones. The outgoing juice is not poured anywhere.
2. Wash the meat, drain with napkins.
3. Cut veal in square pieces, slightly larger than for kebabs.
4. Make a cut in each piece and we make cherries. All berries must go.
5. We melt the oil, heat it well, let it evaporate all the moisture. You can use ghee.
6. Dip each piece in flour and fry quickly from all sides. If the size of the pan does not allow to cook everything at once, then alternately, but then all the meat is returned to the pan again.
7. Separately heat the cherry juice, pour into the pan with the meat. Also add the juice that stood out when squeezing the bones.
8. Cover the pan and simmer for 40 minutes.
9. Open, salt, you can add a little black pepper and stew until soft. Do not forget to periodically water the pieces with the surrounding juice or just mix.
Recipe 2: Baked meat with cherries in a sleeve under a baked ham
A wonderful recipe for meat with a cherry in a large piece. It can be consumed hot with side dishes or cooled and used for cutting. The meat plate with it will turn out especially bright and unusual. You can use pork or beef, preferably with a little fat.
• a piece of meat on 1-1,2 kg;
• 0.2 kg of cherries;
• 1.5 tsp. salts;
• a little sugar;
• black pepper.
1. Remove the bones from the berries, lightly squeeze the juice and drain.
2. Mix the salt with pepper and a pinch of sugar, add the drained juice from the cherries.
3. Wash the piece, wipe. We make cuts with a knife and rub the meat from all sides with prepared spices.
4. Now in each incision we thrust over the cherry berry, more is possible. Shpiguem entire piece. 5. If there are spices, then once again cover them with the future boiled pork.
6. We shift the sleeve, we tie the edges, we make a small hole with a needle on top to let the steam go.
7. We put baked at 180 ° C. For pork, an hour is enough, beef is better to hold for 10 minutes longer. At the end you can cut the film and fry a piece to a crust.
Recipe 3: Meat with Cherry Sauce in Wine (Pork)
Variant of gourmet dishes that can be prepared from meat with cherries. Red wine is added to the sauce, it is better to use dry. The dish is perfect for rice and potato side dishes.
• 700 grams of pork;
• 400 grams of cherries;
• 300 ml of wine;
• 30 ml of vegetable and cream oil;
• salt, a mixture of peppers.
1. Remove all films and tendons from meat. Cut the pork across the fibers, slices 2 centimeters thick. Slightly repulsed.
2. Sprinkle with a mixture of peppers, salt.
3. Remove the bones from the berries, do not forget to rinse them well before that, if necessary, then thaw them. Then punch cherries in mashed potatoes.
4. Immediately turn on the oven at 200 degrees.
5. Fry the prepared pork from two sides on the mixture of oils. We shift in the form for roasting.
6. Mix the cherry puree with wine, pour the fried meat.
7. Cover the mold with foil and put in the oven for 30 minutes. In half an hour you can taste the most tender meat in a fragrant sauce.
Recipe 4: Cherry and Cinnamon Meat
Old recipe for meat with cherry berries, stewed in a pan. Cinnamon is used as the main spice. You can take a pod or already grind spice, the amount is adjusted according to your taste preferences.
• 700 grams of any meat;
• 150 grams of cherries;
• 70 ml of cherry juice;
• 2 spoons of butter;
• 0.5 tsp. cinnamon;
• salt and pepper to your taste.
1. Cut the meat into cubes or small cubes. The thickest parts should not exceed two centimeters. 2. Heat oil in a skillet.
3. Sprinkle the meat with flour, mix and fry. We make fire big so that the crust clutches as quickly as possible.
4. Separate the cherries from the seed, send to the meat. Add the juice, remove the fire to a minimum and simmer for 30 minutes under the lid.
5. Salt, pepper, add cinnamon, stir well and cover again. Cooking meat until soft. If you need to make more sauce, you can add more juice or broth / water.
Recipe 5: Meat Rolls with Cherry
Another version of the meat dish with cherries and cinnamon. But if this spice is not to your taste, then you can exclude it. You can cook rolls from any meat and even chicken breast. Choose a product at its discretion.
• 0.7 kg of meat;
• 0.2 kg of cherries;
• 200 ml of juice from cherries (can be taken from packs);
• 1/2 tsp. cinnamon;
• salt with pepper;
• sprig of rosemary;
• 4 tablespoons flour;
• 50 ml of oil.
1. Cut the meat into slices for rolls, thickness not more than 6 millimeters. Slightly repelled, not much needed, only for the best passage of the marinade.
2. Salt, pepper, add cinnamon, put a sprig of rosemary, which you need before mashed it for flavor and pour cherry juice.
3. Cover and leave to marinate for five hours, better for the whole night.
4. Take the meat out of the marinade, put 3-5 cherries on each piece, depending on the size of the layer. Twist. If the roll does not want to keep the shape, then help him with a toothpick.
5. Sprinkle each roll with flour, fry on both sides in a skillet. Meat will shrink, it will become denser and toothpicks can be removed.
6. We shift the fried blanks in the form or simply in a greased pan.
7. Add the marinade, which previously lay the meat. Rosemary can be removed. If the rolls are not covered completely, then add to the water level, you can broth or even juice.
8. Now the rolls can be poisoned for half an hour in the oven or simply put out on the stove under the lid. But we do it with a small fire so that the products do not turn around. In any case, it turns out delicious.
Recipe 6: Baked Meat with Cherry in Foil
Another option for savory dishes in the oven, which is prepared with beef or veal. Bake will be in foil, but you can also try to make a sleeve. Choose a piece of meat, round or square, rectangular in shape, preferably with sides of equal thickness.
• 600 grams of meat;
• 150-200 grams of cherries;
• 1 tsp. (without slides) salt;
• pinch of thyme, pepper;
• 30 ml of mayonnaise.
1. We cut a piece of beef washed and released from films into 1 centimeter slices, but do not reach the end. It should be an accordion.
2. Mix the thyme with salt, rub the slices on all sides and the whole piece outside.
3. Remove the bones from the cherries, place the berries between the meat slices and press them together.
4. We shift the workpiece on the foil, we smear it with mayonnaise. The main thing is to go through all the meat, the cherry itself is juicy.
5. Seal the piece, firmly twist the edges of the foil.
6. We send to bake for 50 minutes in the oven, which is preheated to two hundred degrees in advance.
Recipe 7: Cherry Meat in a Pot
Very simple, but always a good option for meat in pots. So you can cook not only with cherries, but also red currants, lingonberries, cranberries, apple slices or quince. Do not be afraid to experiment.
• kilogram of meat;
• 300 grams of cherries;
• 3 spoons of honey;
• 3 tablespoons soy sauce;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• 1 spoon of mustard.
1. Put the cherries freed from the seeds in a bowl and pour over the melted honey. Stir.
2. Cut the meat into pieces, as for the kebab.
3. Preparing refueling. To do this, combine mustard with soy sauce and chopped garlic, salt, pepper, and mash carefully.
4. Combine the dressing with meat, mix with your hands and leave for 2 hours.
5. Add cherries with honey, mix again and lay out on the inside of the greased pots. 6. Cover with lids and bake for an hour. If you use beef, you can increase the time by twenty minutes. Temperature 180.
Cherry Meat - Tips and Tricks
• Any meat loves pre-marinating, which is only good for it. If you have time, it is better to pre-rub the pieces with spices, sauces, put them in a container (you can in a bag) and leave for a few hours. If marinating time is long, then it is better to put it on the balcony or in the refrigerator.
• Connective tissue, veins and films are the main enemies of juicy and tender meat. Therefore, before cooking, you should carefully remove all unnecessary, clean the pieces and cut them correctly, that is, across the fibers. Otherwise, as the meat is neither pickled nor cooked, nothing will penetrate inside the piece.
• When roasting, pieces of meat are laid out only on a well-heated surface. The oil should almost boil. In contact with high temperature, the protein of the meat collapses and does not allow juices to exit.
• If the cherries are too sour or unripe, then you can mix the berries with a small amount of honey or sugar and leave for half an hour to soak. Then apply according to the recipe. Sweet juice can not throw away, as well as add to the meat.