Pepper salads - general principles and methods of cooking
Fresh pepper salad is always a very beautiful and tasty dish, regardless of what other products are used to make it. In addition, they are also very useful, because Bulgarian pepper is rich in vitamins and beneficial minerals. The one who eats a day just 30-40 grams. This bright vegetable provides itself with the daily rate of vitamin C and A. Pepper also helps to fight depression and vitamin deficiency, cardiovascular diseases and overweight.
In cooking, pepper is one of the most sought-after vegetables due to the juicy flesh, excellent taste and unique aroma. Pepper marinate, canned, fried, stewed, stuffed with vegetables or meat, it is also used in the preparation of various sauces, lecho, stews, soups, etc. But it is most useful to use fresh pepper, for example, as part of salads or appetizers.
Do you know that the color of food is important for the person's appetite, well-being and mood? Try to bring more bright colors into your life, take a pepper, which can be orange, red, yellow, green, and make a wonderful, tasty and healthy salad according to one of our recipes.
Pepper Salads - Preparing Foods
Having selected the most succulent and fleshy pepper for the salad, it should be cut in half and cleaned from the stem and seeds, and then cut in the way that follows from the salad recipe.
All other components of the salad (as a rule, it is vegetables) are also peeled, washed and cut in the form provided by the recipe.
Pepper Salads - Best Recipes
Recipe 1: Salad of sweet pepper and canned beans
This is a very beautiful and healthy salad, a real pantry of vitamins and fiber. To make a salad especially tasty and fragrant, it should be kept for several hours in a refrigerator before eating. Ingredients:
500 gr. canned beans;
2 red bell peppers;
2 yellow or green bell peppers;
1 green hot chili pepper,
1 red onion;
juice of 1 lemon;
50 gr. olive oil;
a small bunch of fresh parsley;
to taste the salt, ground black pepper.
Method of preparation
1. Cut the bell peppers and chili peppers into cubes. Finely chop the onion. Green chop chopped.
2. In a large bowl, beat olive oil, lime juice and lemon.
3. Mix the beans, all prepared peppers, onions, herbs, season with salt and pepper, mix well again. Before serving, let it stand for about 3 hours in the refrigerator.
Recipe 2: Bulgarian pepper salad with tomatoes
This is a very light, juicy and colorful vegetable salad that will not only lift you up with its bright appearance, but also fill you with energy thanks to the large amount of vitamins contained in it.
2 bell peppers (preferably different colors);
a few feathers of green onions;
several lettuce leaves;
a small bunch of parsley;
1 tbsp. l olive oil;
to taste the salt.
1. Shred pepper and green onion, chop parsley finely, chop the tomatoes into small slices.
2. Mix vegetables together, fill with oil, salt, and our salad is ready!
Recipe 3: Grilled Pepper Salad
Salad of baked bell peppers - soft and fragrant, with a delicate vegetable flavor. If there is no grill, then you can cook the peppers in the oven, baking them on the pan for about 20 minutes.
1 kg of bell pepper (yellow and green);
2 cloves of garlic;
40 gr. sunflower oil (better than olive oil);
1 tbsp. l white wine vinegar;
a small bunch of parsley;
to taste the salt.
1. After washing and cleaning the peppers from the seeds, cut them into halves, gently press down and place on a well-heated grill.
2. Cook the peppers on the grill until soft and ruddy peel. 3. After placing the finished peppers in a plastic bag, let them cool and free them from the skin. Then gently tear into strips.
4. Chop the garlic, chop the parsley.
5. Gently mix peppers with garlic, salt, vegetable oil, vinegar and parsley in a bowl, and serve on the table.
Recipe 4: Pepper Salad with Sesame
Due to the savory combination of vegetables with soy sauce and its sweetish notes, which are set off by roasted sesame, this dish has a completely unique and exotic taste.
5 sweet peppers;
1 tsp. lemon juice;
2 tbsp. l sesame oil;
1 tsp. sesame;
pinch of sugar;
to taste soy sauce, salt, garlic powder.
1. Rub on a coarse grated peeled carrot and fry it in heated oil until half cooked.
2. Cut onion into half rings and fry until transparent, then mix it with carrots, brown sugar, lemon juice, a portion of soy sauce and garlic powder.
3. Fry the sesame until golden brown, add it to the vegetables, mix everything.
4. Cut the peeled pepper into strips, fry it until the liquid evaporates, then, adding oil, fry for about 7 minutes on low heat with constant stirring.
5. Mix peppers with previously prepared vegetables, season with all spices and the remaining soy sauce.
6. After cooling the salad for several hours, serve on the table.
Pepper Salad - useful tips from experienced chefs
To make the salad really tasty, it's important to choose good peppers. They should be elastic, juicy, without wrinkles on the skin.
Pepper salad oil must always be fresh. Ideal if this is first-pressed olive oil; however, aromatic sunflower oil will also be relevant.