Borsch - a dish of all times.
Bright, rich and fragrant.
Do you know how to cook it?
If not, we will teach!
Here are the best recipes for how to cook a delicious homemade borscht from different ingredients.
How to cook borsch - general principles
The dish can be cooked in meat broth or a vegetarian option. Since the basis of the vegetables, any vending recipe can be converted into a lean version. All the ingredients are finely chopped, some are simply boiled, and some are fried or stewed in a pan with butter. Then everything is connected.
What usually goes into borscht:
But also beans can be added to dishes, sometimes mushrooms are put, they use all sorts of spices. A special place is occupied by the green borsch, which is based on leaf sorrel.
Recipe 1: How to cook borsch with beets without cabbage
Beet soup is a classic. His strength to cook any housewife. Pork is used, but you can also take other meat, poultry.
• 400 grams of pork;
• 1 medium carrot;
• 2-3 potatoes;
• 2 sweet peppers;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 2-3 beets;
• spoon of vinegar;
• 1 onion;
• salt, greens.
This amount of products per 2.5 liters of fluid.
1. My pork, put in the water, prepare the broth. Periodically remove fat and foam. Then remove the meat, cut into pieces and return back. Soup can be salted.
2. Cut the peeled potatoes, send in the broth.
3. Rub the peeled carrots and ship to the potatoes. Throw diced and cleaned onion.
4. Clear all the beets, finely rub, throw in the pan with the heated oil. Fry for a couple of minutes, add vinegar, a little water, cover and simmer until soft.
5. Dice the peppers, throw in the pot, as soon as the potatoes are soft, boil for a moment.
6. Spread the beets and cook a couple more minutes. We taste it. 7. Add spices, chopped garlic, greens, lavrushka and immediately turn off the stove. Give the dish to stand for half an hour and can be sent to the table!
Recipe 2: How to cook sauerkraut borscht
Sauerkraut - this is the product that gives borsch acid and unusual, but very rich taste. The recipe is made with meat, but you can cook a vegetarian dish in the same way, replacing the broth with water or vegetable broth.
• a piece of meat on the bone (about half a kilo);
• 0.3 kg sauerkraut;
• 1 medium sized beets;
• 1 carrot;
• 2 potatoes;
• 1-20 onions;
• 60 ml of paste;
• 2 cloves of garlic.
1. Boil meat for broth. But you can do it in advance. If the soup is vegetarian, then simply pour a couple of liters of boiling water.
2. Peel the potatoes, put them in the saucepan.
3. Onion head cut, fry in a skillet. Add shredded carrots. As soon as the vegetables begin to turn red, add the cabbage, squeezing off the brine. But the brine is not poured, we need it. Fry the vegetables.
4. Rub large beets and fry in another skillet. Then add a little cabbage pickle, put tomato paste to them, simmer for ten minutes.
5. As soon as the potatoes start poking, add cabbage with vegetables to it, then beets.
6. Make a small fire and cook borsch for 10 minutes. It is not necessary to give the borsch actively to gurgle so that all the vegetables are preserved whole.
7. Add greens, salt, season with spices and garlic.
Recipe 3: How to Cook Fresh Cabbage Borscht
Easy and dietary option borscht with fresh cabbage. It is prepared without adding your favorite potatoes, but you can throw it into the pan and make the dish more satisfying.
• 0.5 kg of pork beef;
• 400 g cabbage;
• 300 g of beets;
• 150 g carrots;
• 150 g onions;
• 3-4 tomatoes;
• oil (slightly);
• garlic, greens, sour cream.
1. Boil beef until cooked. Pick off meat from the bone and throw back into the pan.
2. Fry minced onion in a skillet for a minute. Add to it shredded carrots, fry. 3. We rub tomatoes, we send in fast. Stew eight minutes.
4. Three peeled beets and stew until soft in a separate pan or saucepan.
5. Shred the cabbage, shift it to the pan with the broth, cook until soft, but do not boil it.
6. Put the roasted vegetables and beets, cook all together for about three minutes.
7. Refuel with bay leaf, pepper and turn off. When serving, we put fresh greens in each batch, to taste garlic, sour cream.
Recipe 4: How to Boil Borsch with Beans
A vegetarian version of borsch, a source of satiety and taste in which we serve red beans. Similarly, you can cook the first dish with meat. Beans must be soaked before cooking with cold water and let them swell, you can stand the night.
• 2 glasses of beans;
• 50 g tomato puree;
• 2 tablespoons of vinegar 3%;
• 300 g cabbage;
• one beet;
• one carrot;
• one Bulgarian pepper;
• four potatoes.
For broth about 2.5 liters of water.
1. Boil the beans until cooked, but do not boil it. Beans must be whole. Drain and while set aside.
2. Cook the diced potatoes in water until half cooked, pour the grated carrots, and then the beans and salt.
3. Rub the beets and fry in a pan, season with vinegar, pour in a little broth from the pan and simmer until soft, at the end put the tomato.
4. Add the cabbage, which must be chopped straw. Soup salt and bring vegetables to readiness.
5. At the end add the finely chopped Bulgarian pepper, previously freed from the seeds.
6. We shift the beets with tomato in the pan, cook for three minutes.
7. Fill the first dish with your favorite spices, pepper, herbs, bay leaf and ready! Turn it off, let it stand for half an hour and serve to the table, sour with sour cream.
Recipe 5: How to Cook Sorrel Borscht
Green borsch is an unusual dish, which many people know, but not all know how to cook it. And it fits perfectly into the summer diet. It can be cooked in vegetable, meat, chicken broth. How to cook soup of sorrel?
Ingredients • three potatoes;
• one carrot;
• two liters of any broth;
• one onion;
• 5 eggs;
• 2 bundles of sorrel;
• 1 bunch of greens;
• salt and other spices;
• sour cream.
1. Cut cubed potatoes, throw in boiling broth and cook until half cooked.
2. Cut the carrots finely and also the onion head, send to the potatoes and bring to almost complete readiness. Now you can salt the dish.
3. In a separate saucepan, boil hard-boiled eggs, peel and cut in half.
4. Cut the greens and sorrel, throw in the soup, as soon as all the vegetables are cooked.
5. Fill the dish with pepper, bay leaf.
6. Pour into plates, put eggs and a spoon of sour cream in each half.
7. Sometimes boiled eggs are cut into cubes and immediately thrown into the pan, which is not prohibited.
8. You can also beat raw eggs with a fork and just pour in a pot of boiling soup. It also turns out delicious.
Recipe 6: How to cook borsch with sprat in a tomato
Borsch with sprat is an economical dish that solves the problem of lack of time or meat. At the same time it turns out nourishing and tasty.
• 1 beet, carrot and onion;
• 300 grams of cabbage;
• 1 can of sprat;
• 4 potatoes;
• 40 ml of tomato;
• greens and sour cream.
1. Pour water, send boil.
2. Throw the potatoes, which we cut into strips or cubes.
3. In a skillet fry chopped onion.
4. After one minute, add the carrot.
5. Now turn the grated beets, and then pour a little broth, cover and simmer.
6. To the half-finished potatoes put cabbage, cut into strips. Now we add salt borsch.
7. Put a tomato in a frying pan and stew for a couple of minutes.
8. Put the sprat in the pan, followed by frying from the pan.
9. Cook all together at a small boil for two minutes.
10. Fill with greens, spices and ready! Served with sour cream.
Recipe 7: How to cook soup in a slow cooker
Simple and quick recipe for borscht multicooker. We save time, but at the same time we get a delicious dish!
• 0.4 kg beef pulp;
• 0.25 kg of beets; • 0.1 kg carrot;
• 0.1 kg of onions;
• 0.2 kg of potatoes;
• 0.4 kg of cabbage;
• 60 grams of tomato paste;
• 40 ml of oil;
• 2 cloves of garlic.
1. Turn on the slow cooker and, in baking mode, fry the onion in butter.
2. Add carrots, fry together for about ten minutes.
3. Then put the pasta and grated beets, continue to cook vegetables for another 10 minutes, you can pour in a little vinegar or lemon juice to preserve brightness.
4. Now add diced beef, also chopped potatoes and shredded cabbage.
5. We salt, we put spices, we fill in with water and we put on the extinguishing mode. If the meat is young, then an hour is enough.
6. We open, we fall asleep greens, garlic and again we cover. We give the soup insist.
How to cook borscht - tips and tricks
• It is not necessary to put garlic in the pot with borsch, even if it is indicated in the recipe. Much tastier and more aromatic is obtained by putting crushed cloves in a plate. You can also serve sour cream sauce with garlic, pepper, salt and herbs.
• Adding vinegar preserves the color of the beets. But if you are afraid of this ingredient, you fear for your digestive system, you can replace it with lemon juice. Or add to the beets a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
• Borsch will be tastier if cooked in advance and let it brew at least an hour before dinner. In general, in Russia it was believed that the most delicious dishes on the second day after re-boiling.
• Love fat? Prepare a dressing for borscht from it. Cut a piece of salted bacon into small cubes, add crushed garlic, a little pepper and fresh greens and cook. A spoon of such an additive in borscht will make the dish incredibly tasty and fragrant.