The release of canned fish during the Soviet era was large-scale, and producers were not only pursuing economic goals. The government wanted to see the population healthy, and the fish contain a lot of nutrients and protein. Even canned, it retains high nutritional value and beneficial properties. One of the most delicious and hearty foods is canned saury. Our fellow citizens have found many ways to use this product in cooking. Sandwiches with saury, cooked in the oven, can be the basis of breakfast or a hearty snack. They can be made for dinner, if there is not much time left to prepare it, but I want to feed the household or tasty friends who suddenly look at the light. There are several variants of this simple and quick-to-prepare dish, which nevertheless is liked by almost everyone.
Even an inexperienced cook can make hot sandwiches with saury. To get the best result will help knowledge of a few moments.
- The quality of the main ingredient will certainly affect the taste of the finished snack. In order not to be trapped, pay attention to the information printed on the can. Reputable manufacturers label it with a laser or a press, then the letters and numbers on the bank are convex or not erased. Fresh saury can be preserved only from late summer until winter, when it is harvested. In the remaining months, canned food is made from frozen fish, they may be less tasty. Saury is mined in the Kuriles, and only there or on the ships themselves canned food is made from fresh saury. If the product is released in the Moscow region, then it could only be made from frozen fish; to taste, such a product will be inferior to that prepared from fresh raw materials.
- Often saury sandwiches are made with cheese. Having melted, he envelops her, giving the snack a unique taste and appetizing look. If you sprinkle a sandwich with cheese cooked with vegetable fats, it will turn out less beautiful, since low-quality, cheap cheeses melt very badly. Their taste is also not very good, so saving on cheese is also not worth it.
- Sandwiches with saury can be made on rye and wheat bread, but gourmets say that a snack of white bread turns out to be more delicious. The choice of bread may also depend on what is included in the filling. If there is mustard or pickled cucumbers in the composition, it is better to give preference to black bread.
- Before you put the stuffing on the bread, it is recommended to dry it in the oven or in the toaster. Then the sandwiches get more ruddy and crispy.
- The filling for hot sandwiches is not made too liquid, otherwise it can spread.
- A baking sheet is recommended to be covered with oiled parchment. Then hot sandwiches will be removed from it easily.
- If you want to decorate the saury sandwiches with fresh greens, do it after they are ready. In the oven, the greens will quickly fade, losing a fresh look.
There are several recipes for saury sandwiches. Most often they are composed of cheese, eggs, onions. Despite the similar composition, sandwiches can have a different taste, as it is influenced by the ratio of ingredients, used sauce and other small things.
Sandwiches with saury on black bread in the oven
- rye bread - 0, 4 kg;
- sour cream - 80 ml;
- table mustard - 5 ml;
- pickled cucumbers - 0, 2 kg;
- green onions - to taste;
- saury in oil - 0, 25 kg.
- Bread cut into square slices about 1, 5 cm thick. Spread out on a baking sheet.
- Open the jar with saury, put the fish in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with bread oil. Send it to the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Mix sour cream with mustard. Apply the resulting sauce with a thin layer of dried bread. Place the remaining sauce in a bowl of canned food.
- Mash canned food with a fork so that large pieces and bones are not caught in the fish mass.
- Cut the marinated cucumbers into small cubes. Mix them with chopped saury.
- Spread the resulting mass into slices of bread, spread it over it.
- Return the baking tray with the sandwiches to the oven and cook them for 10 minutes.
After removing the sandwiches from the oven, put them on the plate and sprinkle with finely chopped green onions. After that, a snack can be served at the table. Hot it will be much more delicious than after cooling.
Sandwiches with saury, egg and cheese in the oven
- long loaf - 0, 3 kg;
- canned saury (in oil) - 0, 25 kg;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- onions - 75 g;
- mayonnaise - 60-80 ml;
- fresh greens - to taste.
- Free the onions from the husk, finely chop.
- Put the canned food on the plate, knead it thoroughly with a fork.
- Chop cheese on a coarse grater.
- Cook hard boiled eggs, cool them by placing the pan with them under a stream of cold water.
- Remove the eggshell from the eggs, chop them on a grater.
- Put onion and eggs to saire. Add to them 1-2 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Stir so that all components in the total mass are distributed evenly.
- Bread cut into slices no thinner than 1 cm, but no wider than 1, 5 cm. You can use factory-cut bread.
- Dry the baton slices in the oven or with a toaster.
- Smear bread with remaining mayonnaise.
- Put the prepared stuffing on the bread, spread it over the entire surface of the bread pieces.
- Sprinkle with cheese chips.
- Heat oven to 180-200 degrees.
- Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet, having previously put a sheet of baking paper on it.
- Send a baking tray with sandwiches to the oven. Cook them until the cheese melts. It will take 10-15 minutes.
It remains to remove the saury sandwiches from the oven, decorate them with dill and parsley sprigs, serve them to the table.
Sandwiches with saury and egg in the oven
- long loaf - 0, 3 kg;
- onions - 50 g;
- saury, preserved in oil, - 0, 25 kg;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs .;
- fatty cream - 50 ml.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, cut as small as possible.
- Eggs boil hard boiled. Cool down, grate and grind.
- Put canned food in a bowl, mash with a fork. Combine them with onions and egg, mix well.
- Whip cream. Spread them on slices of white bread.
- Add the remaining cream to the canned fish salad, mix it and place on the bread.
- Put parchment on the pan, put sandwiches on it.
- Heat the oven to 180-200 degrees, send a baking tray with sandwiches for 10 minutes.
Saury sandwiches made according to this recipe have the most delicate taste compared to those that can be prepared according to previous recipes.
Hot sandwiches with saury can be made not only in the oven, but also in the microwave. If you turn on the device at maximum power, it will take only 2-3 minutes to prepare a snack.