Smoked chicken and carrots in Korean style are self-contained snacks, tasty by themselves. Together they acquire a new taste. An even more interesting and piquant combination is obtained by adding this ingredient with the other ingredients and dressing with sauce. Smoked chicken and Korean carrot salad conquers with its harmonious taste and ease of preparation. Knowing a few recipes for this tasty and satisfying snack will allow you to adequately meet guests, even if you suddenly know about their upcoming visit and there is very little time left for cooking.
Knowing a few moments will allow you to prepare a delicious salad from smoked chicken and Korean carrot according to any of the selected recipes or even invented by yourself.
- Korean carrots are sold in many stores, but not always this snack meets the necessary quality and safety criteria. Guaranteed tasty and healthy, it will be if you cook it yourself. If this is not possible and you are forced to use Korean carrots, give preference to the salad in a sealed package, which indicates its composition and shelf life. In this case, the risk to purchase spoiled product is minimal. As for the taste of snacks, then you can choose the best by just trying products from several manufacturers, so you have to trust your experience or intuition.
- Korean-style carrots contain vegetable oil as part of a dressing, so it is not worth adding a lot of mayonnaise or another sauce to a salad of smoked chicken and Korean carrots.
- The skin of a smoked chicken is coarse and of little use. Meat, before you cut it and put in a salad, should be cleaned from it.
- The later you mix the ingredients and season the salad, the longer it stays fresh. However, puff salads and appetizers with croutons should be prepared at least one hour before the intended feast, as food takes time to soak in the sauce.
A variety of ingredients can be included in the smoked chicken and Korean carrot salad, which leaves an imprint on the cooking technology. The instructions accompanying the recipe must be studied carefully.
Isabella salad with smoked chicken, Korean carrots, olives and mushrooms
- smoked chicken legs - 0, 5 kg;
- fresh champignons - 0, 5 kg;
- Korean carrots - 0, 25 kg;
- salted or pickled cucumbers - 0, 3 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- pitted olives - 130 g;
- parsley - 1 sprig;
- chicken egg - 5 pcs .;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- mayonnaise - as required.
Method of preparation:
- Chicken legs, peel off the skin, separate the meat from the bones, finely chop. Put on a dish. To make the salad beautiful form it is better to lay out the products inside the culinary hoop.
- Lubricate the chicken with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
- Wash champignons and blot with a napkin. Do not allow them to be long in the water, as these mushrooms quickly absorb moisture.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin plates.
- Peel the onions, cut into small cubes.
- In a deep frying pan, heat the vegetable oil, dip the onions and mushrooms into it. Fry until the juice from the champignons evaporates completely from the pan.
- Cool the fried mushrooms, put them on the chicken. This layer of sauce does not need to cover.
- Cook hard boiled eggs, cool under running cold water. Free from the shell, coarsely rub. Put on the mushrooms. Cover with a thin mayonnaise mesh.
- Open a jar of olives, drain the liquid from it. Set aside half the olives to garnish the salad, finely chop the rest with a knife, sprinkle on the eggs.
- In pickled cucumbers, cut off the tips if they have not been removed during preservation. Finely chop the pickles, place on top of the olives.
- Put carrots on cucumbers. Distribute it so that it covers the salad completely.
- Cut the olives in half lengthwise, lay them on the surface of the salad in the form of a bunch of grapes. Garnish with a sprig of parsley, which will give the olives an even greater resemblance to ripe grapes.
After the salad has been standing in the fridge for 2 hours, remove the hoop. The edges of the salad can be sprinkled with finely chopped dill, you can leave open.
Hedgehog Salad with Smoked Chicken, Korean Carrots, Cheese and Pineapple
- smoked chicken breast - 0, 5 kg;
- ham - 100 g;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- Korean carrots - 150 g;
- fresh champignons - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- French fries or chips - for decoration;
- green onions - 100 g;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- canned pineapple - 100 g;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs .;
- pitted olives - 2 pcs .;
- mayonnaise - 60 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Cut chicken breast meat into small cubes, mix with mayonnaise spoon.
- Ham cut into small strips.
- Cool-boiled eggs, cool, peel, chop on a coarse grater, add a spoonful of mayonnaise, mix.
- Finely chop the pineapple with a sharp knife, mix it with a spoon of the sauce.
- Mushrooms cut into strips, onions - thin half rings.
- Fry mushrooms and onions in oil.
- Place the products in the form of a hedgehog on the dish, alternating them in the following sequence: chicken, mushrooms, carrots, pineapples, ham, eggs.
- Finely rub the cheese and sprinkle the front of the hedgehog with it.
- Where the hedgehog should have a back with prickles, lay out a straw of fried potatoes or broken chips. In extreme cases, they can be replaced with crackers.
- Make the eyes and nose of olives.
- Finely chop the green onions, sprinkle it on a dish around the salad.
Such a salad will decorate the table. Guests will certainly be delighted with the appearance of the snack and will be pleased with its unique taste.
Smoked Chicken Salad with Korean Carrots and Bell Peppers
- smoked chicken meat - 0, 3 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 4 kg;
- Korean carrots - 0, 2 kg;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- mayonnaise, fresh greens - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Pepper seeds are cleared, cut into strips.
- Cut chicken meat into small cubes.
- Finely chop the garlic and greens with a knife.
- Fold all the ingredients that make up the salad in a bowl, add mayonnaise, mix.
- Transfer to a salad bowl or ice-cream bowls if you want to serve the salad in portions. You can decorate with a sprig of dill or parsley.
Some add to this salad canned beans, crackers - it turns out even more satisfying and tasty.
How to decorate a salad
Some varieties of smoked chicken and Korean carrot salad suggest a specific decoration, but you can also decorate the snack with your own taste, showing imagination and culinary skills.
- Salad “Isabella” is decorated with olives and greens, spreading them in the form of a bunch of grapes on top of a layer of Korean carrots. This decor option is also suitable for salads prepared according to other recipes, if they include olives or cheese, with which they are always well combined.
- Salad, laid out in the form of a hedgehog, can be decorated with crackers, turning them into needles, or spread out on top pieces of mushrooms, if they are part of the dish. In any case, the twigs and leaves of fresh greens will not be superfluous on the back of the hedgehog.
- When serving a portion of snack, it is advisable to use a special form with a press, it is suitable for giving a neat shape to both puff and regular salads. You can make this form yourself from a tin can. In the absence of the press, press down the snack, removing the hoop, with a tablespoon.
- A win-win option for decorating Korean carrot salad is flowers from tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese or eggs. It is important that the product turned into a flower, was part of the snack itself.
- Often, for decorating a salad, chips are used that are stuck into it or laid out around the perimeter. Such decoration is performed immediately before serving the salad to the table, otherwise the chips may get soaked from the sauce and soften.
The original decoration of the salad is impossible without connecting your own imagination, only the imagination of the chef will allow you to create a truly unique decor.
Smoked chicken and Korean carrot salad is cooked easily and quickly, has a savory taste, it turns out nourishing. This appetizer will almost certainly appeal to your guests and family members.